HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Possible for me to hide all threads with "Value of" and "Proposal" prefix? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=806686)

kurt 08-05-2010 02:40 PM

Possible for me to hide all threads with "Value of" and "Proposal" prefix?

Anyone have any HF tips to hide these "Armchair GM" type threads? Not sure if/how it can be done. Thanks. :D

alx83* 08-05-2010 02:42 PM

I'd also like to know if we can word filter upside to potential?

andora 08-05-2010 02:42 PM

and that pesky OTHER tag as well ;) j/k

actually a good question, i'd definitely get rid of the value of

mcphllp 08-05-2010 02:45 PM

nope, youre gonna have to skim

sh724 08-05-2010 02:51 PM

I'd like to hide any thread that has Kaberle in it

Ulic 08-05-2010 02:57 PM

It's not that I don't like discussing potential trades, I just don't like the general responses. You rarely find intelligent discussions in those threads, just short terse answers that make bold and unrealistic claims.
Quote:

"Player A" >>>>>>>>> "Player B"
No thanks.
Quote:

"Player" is untouchable. It would take "best prospect" +++ before we'd even talk.
Quote:

"Team" says no.
Quote:

"Team GM" hangs up the phone laughing!!!!
Quote:

Not even close.
It doesn't help that most deals only benefit one team by sending a good player one way for two moderate players and a second going back the other way.
That, and by the end of the first page you are bound to have a Canuck fan come in and tell you how his teams players compare to those in the trade.

If people would simply take into consideration the needs of both teams, we could see some very interesting trades that would make for great discussion.

TMI 08-05-2010 03:05 PM

I see your point, Ulic, but sometimes those short, to-the-point answers are the only real replies to be made. As a Preds fan I've seen so many trade threads involving Weber it almost makes me sick. I think a lot of us have gotten to the point of just being smart ***** instead of having a desire to actually discuss the idea.

This thread actually does provide a good idea, though. Maybe someone will look into a way to hide those kinds of threads.

caley 08-05-2010 03:07 PM

You can't filter anything specifically out, but you can filter stuff in.

For instance, if you only want to look a "Rumor" prefix, just click on said prefix and the forum will reload with only threads using that particular prefix.

Finnish Your Czechs 08-05-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shorton724 (Post 27254633)
I'd like to hide any thread that has Kaberle in it

This

kurt 08-05-2010 03:09 PM

I suggested the relegation of them to a sub-forum awhile back, before the colour-coded prefixes were being used consistently. I still think that would be ideal, but the explanation (and a very valid one), is that the line between speculation and proposal is fairly blurry. With the new rules defining the difference between rumours and speculation may make it easier, though.

But hey, filtering the view might be the easiest way to get more out of this forum.

kingscup 08-05-2010 03:12 PM

I don't know if this is much help or not but the only way I have found out how is to do it manually by clicking the ignore thread icon. :)

Sorry Edited it, uploaded wrong image.

Ulic 08-05-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 27254832)
I see your point, Ulic, but sometimes those short, to-the-point answers are the only real replies to be made. As a Preds fan I've seen so many trade threads involving Weber it almost makes me sick. I think a lot of us have gotten to the point of just being smart ***** instead of having a desire to actually discuss the idea.

You're totally right though. People propose trades for players like Weber when their team would have absolutely zero intention of trading them. If that isn't bad enough, the trades usually have unequal value going both ways and never meet both teams needs.

There was a rash of Mueller trade where the proposal was for another team's defensive prospect that didn't improve over the wealth of potential second pairing defensemen the Avs already have. The first one was silly, the second was dumb, and by the third time of hearing the idea I do become inclined to throw some of it back at them.

kurt 08-05-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingscup (Post 27254921)
I don't know if this is much help or not but the only way I have found out how is to do it manually by clicking the ignore thread icon. :)

Sorry Edited it, uploaded wrong image.

Yeah, I know I can ignore threads, but I don't want to come in and do that every day. #lazy

kingscup 08-05-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt (Post 27254975)
Yeah, I know I can ignore threads, but I don't want to come in and do that every day. #lazy

Understandable.

EmeticDonut 08-05-2010 03:17 PM

I wholeheartedly agree that these 'proposals' and 'value of' threads need their own place. Put them in the Fantasy section, because that's what they are. Personally I find them utterly pointless.

DopeyFish 08-05-2010 03:22 PM

It's like googling for news and getting bleacher reports as headlines

Mit Yarrum 08-05-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmeticDonut (Post 27255007)
I wholeheartedly agree that these 'proposals' and 'value of' threads need their own place. Put them in the Fantasy section, because that's what they are. Personally I find them utterly pointless.

They're fun to chat in IMO, but yeah, they are definitely out of place next to legitimate news.

pvr 08-05-2010 03:26 PM

If you want to avoid most of the stupidity presented on this board, then you'd do best avoiding this board altogether.

Pharrow 08-05-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 27254860)

For instance, if you only want to look a "Rumor" prefix, just click on said prefix and the forum will reload with only threads using that particular prefix.

Thank you! :handclap:

Felonious Python 08-05-2010 03:35 PM

Those type of threads do need to be organized better. Preferably as a subforum, but better still (if we, the user base, adopts it) there should only one thread for the Kaberle trade talk, one thread for the Vinny talk, etc.

There's too many redundant threads. "The value of: David Hale to Columbus" isn't going to be a wildly different discussion compared to his value anywhere else. One David Hale trade discussion/rumor thread por favor.

"Confirmed w/Link" would still deserve individual threads of course.

There is the issue of what to do when you start talking about involve other players into a deal, but if the basis of the trade is Kaberle, it goes into that thread.

hatterson 08-05-2010 03:35 PM

If I cared enough I could easily hack together a greasemonkey script that would hide them....but I don't

kurt 08-05-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatterson (Post 27255291)
If I cared enough I could easily hack together a greasemonkey script that would hide them....but I don't

True, that wouldn't be too difficult either. But again, I'm lazy.

Dutch Dreams 08-05-2010 03:48 PM

Hire a secretary.

Felonious Python 08-05-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 27254860)

Could the admins add a "non-proposal" prefix then?

Mint Berry Crunch 08-05-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmeticDonut (Post 27255007)

That's actually a really sensible idea. I'm all for it. Make it so, mods. :)