HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Min-Tor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=807404)

Paladin2799 08-07-2010 08:22 PM

Min-Tor

Toronto gives up

Kaberle
Beauchemin
Caputi
could also add another prospect/pick

Minnesota gives up

Andrew Brunette
Brent Burns
James Sheppard

Toronto gets a top6 left winger in brunette on a one year deal, they get a very good young defenseman which they can resign, and they get a project 3rd liner with some upside if he fixes his ways.

Minny gets a top2 PMD defenseman, they get a top4 gritty defenseman, a top6 prospect that could play 2nd line minutes, and they could probably ask for another prospect or pick. Its clear that their objective this year is to make the playoffs and really compete. With the addition of madden and resigning of Koivu this trade really bolsters their D-core and really sets them up for success this year.

Thoughts?

Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel
Brunette-Grabo-Versteeg
Sheppard-Hanson-Armstrong
Orr-Sjoestrom-Brown
Rosehill

Phaneuf-Burns
Komi-Schenn
Gunnar-ledba
Aulie/Mikus

avengedsevenfold 08-07-2010 08:27 PM

Kaberles Value To People with a clue l----l
Kaberles Value to leafs fans l----------------------------------l

bringthecuphome 08-07-2010 08:28 PM

I dont mind it, but Brunette does not help us long term, I would change him with Latendresse. Too much? You can take out Sheppard. So revised deal:

Latendresse
Burns

for

Kaberle
Beauchemin
Caputi
?

JSilvius* 08-07-2010 08:29 PM

Toronto isn't getting Brent Burns if that's the package they're willing to offer Minnesota.

QMJHLfollower 08-07-2010 08:31 PM

In a deal with Minny I absolutly want Latendresse. He is the perfect fit to play with Kessel.

JSilvius* 08-07-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avengedsevenfold (Post 27284062)
Kaberles Value To People with a clue l----l

Kaberle's value to people with a clue: l----------------l
Kaberle's value to Leafs fans: l----------------------------------l
Kaberle's value to people with an irrational hatred towards the Leafs/people who are sick of hearing about Kaberle being traded: l---l

leafsfuture 08-07-2010 08:32 PM

Value wise Minny has more, but why on earth would the Leafs do that?

At this point I would take Caputi over Sheppard any day. As for Brunette, he can still play very good hockey, but hes 36, and by time were contending, he will no longer be a top 6 forward.

As for Burns, hes a very good player, but why do we need him?

bringthecuphome 08-07-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyfan7 (Post 27284082)
Toronto isn't getting Brent Burns if that's the package they're willing to offer Minnesota.

So they get a player who's arguably better than Burns, in Kaberle, another solid top 4 d-man, and a prospect with top six upside and you are saying that Burns ALONE isnt worth that? Gimme a break.

QMJHLfollower 08-07-2010 08:37 PM

I don't know if the value is fair, but here is my proposal:

To Minnesota:
Tomas Kaberle + Mikhail Grabovski + Robert Slaney

To Toronto:
Guillaume Latendresse + Pierre-Marc Bouchard + James Sheppard

TheLaughsWeKnow* 08-07-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avengedsevenfold (Post 27284062)
Kaberles Value To People without a clue l----l

Fixed. Dude... :shakehead

Fel 96 08-07-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 27284152)

To Minnesota:

To Toronto:

hmm.. no thanks

bobermay 08-07-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafsfuture (Post 27284113)
Value wise Minny has more, but why on earth would the Leafs do that?

At this point I would take Caputi over Sheppard any day. As for Brunette, he can still play very good hockey, but hes 36, and by time were contending, he will no longer be a top 6 forward.

As for Burns, hes a very good player, but why do we need him?

I really like the OP trade... but would rather get a pick instead of sheppard.

Brunnette adds a veteran presence that could help our young guys development. We have no forwards over the age of 28.

And Burns gives us a puck mover.

I would change the proposal up a bit.

Maybe switch Caputi with Grabovski or something.

GopherState 08-07-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringthecuphome (Post 27284073)
I dont mind it, but Brunette does not help us long term, I would change him with Latendresse. Too much? You can take out Sheppard. So revised deal:

Latendresse
Burns

for

Kaberle
Beauchemin
Caputi
?

Too Much. Waaaaaaaaaay too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringthecuphome (Post 27284117)
So they get a player who's arguably better than Burns, in Kaberle, another solid top 4 d-man, and a prospect with top six upside and you are saying that Burns ALONE isnt worth that? Gimme a break.

No, there's just really no need for Kaberle. Not saying that he's a bad player or anything, but someone give me a good argument as to why the Wild will be better off with Tomas Kaberle this season instead of the next two with Brent Burns. Minnesota has offensive defensemen, they have a lot of money invested in the blue line, they aren't going all-in for this season and Burns' value for a trade is pretty much at an all-time low. I don't know why we need him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever (Post 27284152)

To Minnesota:

To Toronto:

It's good value provided Bouchard recovers. Probably would pass though.

JSilvius* 08-07-2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringthecuphome (Post 27284117)

You're taking what I said out of context. I didn't say that package alone wouldn't get Burns; I was implying that the deal was bad and the Leafs would need to centre a deal around someone like Schenn (at least Schenn). If you want to get into it, we will. Caputi is a dime a dozen prospect. Every team has like 5 prospects or more that "have top six potential". Beauchemin is a lateral movement at best for Minnesota, as he isn't significantly better than any of Zidlicky, Barker, or Schultz (in my opinion). Kaberle is better offensively than Burns, but Burns is better defensively and in other aspects of the game (physicality, penalty killing, etc.). Burns is also signed for a year longer than Kaberle at a cheaper price. He also has lots of "potential" that everyone loves bringing up and is younger than Kaberle. Kaberle likely wouldn't re-sign with Minnesota. Minnesota has to throw in other players in this deal for some reason. For these reasons, the deal doesn't make much sense for them.

Paladin2799 08-07-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GopherState (Post 27284221)
Too Much. Waaaaaaaaaay too much.

No, there's just really no need for Kaberle. Not saying that he's a bad player or anything, but someone give me a good argument as to why the Wild will be better off with Tomas Kaberle this season instead of the next two with Brent Burns. Minnesota has offensive defensemen, they have a lot of money invested in the blue line, they aren't going all-in for this season and Burns' value for a trade is pretty much at an all-time low. I don't know why we need him.

It's good value provided Bouchard recovers. Probably would pass though.

There is always a need for T.Kab. Minny gets 2 top4 defensemen both on different ends of the spectrum. One is a UFA that can be let go at the end of the year and still have a solid Dman pickup in Beauchemin. Kaberle would help with your offense, open the zone up, and would really help you compete this year. He also replaces the puckmoving of burns.

Zabel529 08-07-2010 08:51 PM

what's burns' injury status? i recall he's had a rough couple years recently. he's played maybe 2/3rds of the season each of the past few seasons i thought. if he can regain his former status you'd think minni would hold on to the guy to at least see.

GopherState 08-07-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paladin2799 (Post 27284262)
There is always a need for T.Kab. Minny gets 2 top4 defensemen both on different ends of the spectrum. One is a UFA that can be let go at the end of the year and still have a solid Dman pickup in Beauchemin. Kaberle would help with your offense, open the zone up, and would really help you compete this year. He also replaces the puckmoving of burns.

So given he's replacing the same things that Burns does and Burns is cheaper and has a longer deal, I'll keep Burns.

Epictetus 08-07-2010 09:00 PM

A swap of Gunnarson for Burns could be interesting.

Generic User 08-07-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringthecuphome (Post 27284073)

Latendresse
Burns

for

Kaberle
Beauchemin
Caputi
?

Jesus Christ in harmony...
http://blog.vh1.com/files//2010/01/surprise.gif

QMJHLfollower 08-07-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epictetus (Post 27284360)

No thanks.

GopherState 08-07-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generic User (Post 27284370)

xxxx

North Metro Peewees 08-07-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

To whom???? In your dreams.....No chance in hell......clear enough for you?

How about I flip this back on you and the Leafs deal Kessel to the Wild for Sheppard. Are Leaf fans really that dillusional?

LeafsandSharksfan 08-07-2010 10:45 PM

It was an interesting idea brought up by someone else, how would Minnesota fans feel about Grabovski + Caputi for PMB and maybe a late pick? I think PMB has better upside that Grabo, but is a serious question mark at this point injury-wise. Would Wild fans consider something around a Grabo - PMB trade?

thestonedkoala 08-07-2010 11:19 PM

Stop it. We don't want Kaberle. Leave us alone for God's sake!

Mancunian 08-08-2010 12:13 AM

Brunette, Burns and 3rd in 2011 for Kaberle, Beauchemin, Jerome Flaake and Kenny Ryan