HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   European Trophy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=807459)

hz 08-08-2010 06:54 AM

European Trophy

A thread for everyone who wants to talk about the uppcoming tournament European Trophy.

zorz 08-08-2010 07:42 AM

official site

http://www.europeantrophy.com/

Rjinswand 08-08-2010 07:58 AM

Germany (Sport1):
Saturday August 21: Eisbären Berlin-Djurgården, o2 World, 14:00

Sweden (Viasat Hockey):
Quote:

Wednesday August 11: Malmö-Frölunda, Malmö Arena, 19:00
Thursday August 12: Frölunda-HV71, Frölundaborg, 19:00
Saturday August 14: Färjestad-Djurgården, Coffee Queen Arena, Arvika, 16:00
Saturday August 21: Eisbären Berlin-Djurgården, o2 World, 14:00 [still to be negotiated]
Wednesday August 25: Linköping-Jokerit, Cloetta Center, 19:00
Fruday August 27: HV71-Tappara, Aplarinken, Värnamo, 19:00
Saturday August 28: Djurgården-Jokerit, Hovet, 16:00
Quote:

Apart from the six – or seven games from the divisional play – to be show on tv, the play-off, ”Red Bull Salute” in Salzburg, will be shown live. Those games will be covered with ten cameras, produced in HD-quality and distibuted all over Europa.
Finland (WebTV):

Quote:

Finnish side Oulun Kärpät will, in co-operation with Finnish internet-channel WebTV FInland produce all of Kärpäts four homegames live on the internet. For 7 Euro anyone, anywhere in the world can see Kärpät play Red Bull Salzburg, ZC Lions, SC Bern and Tappara in the tournament.
Czech Republic (Česká televize):
Quote:

Czech television will also show all the homegames of Sparta Praha live. Sparta play Färjestad August 18, Djurgården August 20, Linköping August 21 and Mannheim August 25.
Link

What about broadcasts in other countries?

vorky 08-08-2010 08:07 AM

Some internet streams?

JPFT 08-08-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjinswand (Post 27287552)
Germany (Sport1):
Saturday August 21: Eisbären Berlin-Djurgården, o2 World, 14:00

What about broadcasts in other countries?

Is it only going to be on Sport1? I was kinda hoping for a German channel to help me out here, since I can get quite a few of them :D
But Sport1 is Germany only I guess (I can get Sport1, but I think those are separate channels and it's going to be a Dutch broadcast).

Rjinswand 08-08-2010 12:51 PM

Yes, the German and Dutch Sport1 channels are different. The German is free tv and if you can't watch it via satellite etc., you might give zattoo a try. You'd have to use a proxy for a German IP adress, though.
Other streams may turn up here.

JPFT 08-10-2010 11:03 AM

So, anything available on the internet?
Not so sure about changing proxy's... (Also don't know how :D)

Slimmy 08-10-2010 11:28 AM

Anyone feel like charing some history about this tournament? Is this the reincarnation of the previous Euroleague but with invitationals?

JPFT 08-10-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimmy (Post 27318697)
Anyone feel like charing some history about this tournament? Is this the reincarnation of the previous Euroleague but with invitationals?

It's what was known as the Nordic Trophy, with teams from Sweden and Finland.
Now it's the European Trophy with more teams from other big hockey countries in Europe as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Trophy
The plan for 2012 looks good :D

The best will play the Red Bulls Salute in Salzburg, Austria.

Lets go Eisbären!!!!

Slimmy 08-10-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobPFT (Post 27318938)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Trophy
The plan for 2012 looks good :D

Sweeet! Can't wait for this to come into fruition.
What are your thoughts on the tournament this year? Finalists? Best player in the tourney? TV coverage?

The Saw Is the Law 08-10-2010 01:08 PM

Tournament starts tomorrow :)

HIFK - Berlin
Jokerit - Mannheim
Kärpät - Salzburg
Tappara - Bern
TPS - ZSC Lions
Vålerengen - Sparta Praha
Linköping - Färjestad
Malmö - Frölunda

I think tomorrow winners are: HIFK, Jokerit, Kärpät, Bern, Zurich, Praha, Färjestad and Frölunda

JPFT 08-10-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimmy (Post 27319702)
Sweeet! Can't wait for this to come into fruition.
What are your thoughts on the tournament this year? Finalists? Best player in the tourney? TV coverage?

My thoughts are that I'm a Berlin fan and really want them to win it all :nod:

TV coverage in Sweden should be pretty good. Some posts above, there's a schedule, which can also be found on the official site of the tournament. Swedish stations are doing well for their fans.
If I can't find something on the internet it's probably going to be radio on Berlin's official site.
Just like I did with the Kings before I got ESPN360 :D

TheFatOne 08-10-2010 01:49 PM

systemfel and krm:

MIF will beat the **** out of gleen...

TheFatOne 08-10-2010 01:53 PM

go gröthals aka halvdansk go go

Slimmy 08-10-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobPFT (Post 27320661)
My thoughts are that I'm a Berlin fan and really want them to win it all :nod:

TV coverage in Sweden should be pretty good. Some posts above, there's a schedule, which can also be found on the official site of the tournament. Swedish stations are doing well for their fans.
If I can't find something on the internet it's probably going to be radio on Berlin's official site.
Just like I did with the Kings before I got ESPN360 :D

Thanks. :) Only hope it'll be streamed somewhere. Go Frölunda!

Slimmy 08-10-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 27321020)
go gröthals aka halvdansk go go

Hahahaha! Ooooh.. Btw.. Gleen?

Slimmy 08-10-2010 02:07 PM

It'll be interesting to see how the different leagues teams fair in the tourney. Don't know how much stock each team is putting into it, though? Prize money?

frostyflo 08-10-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slimmy (Post 27321232)
It'll be interesting to see how the different leagues teams fair in the tourney. Don't know how much stock each team is putting into it, though? Prize money?

well, everything can happen in pre-season...think this tourney won`t tell the whole story
and I haven`t read anything about it but I`m sure the teams make good money with Red Bull as the sponsor of this league

zorz 08-10-2010 03:37 PM

HC Sparta Praha

Slimmy 08-11-2010 08:56 AM

You guys had any luck finding some streams to todays games?

Rjinswand 08-11-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

From todays europeantrophy.com news entry:
Quote:

There is also money to make for the most succesfull teams, 30 000 Euro to the two divisional winners and 40 000 more to the winners of the Salute. (Link)

Slimmy 08-11-2010 09:23 AM

Thanks for the info.

Some curiosa for finnish fans: An all finnish line will be playing for Frölunda today against Malmö.

Pyörälä–Hahl–Koivisto
Mäenpää–Mäntymaa

Always been a lot of finns in Frölunda. And this year the only "foreign" players in the team are from Finland.
Source: GP.se

Ciccarelli 08-11-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

As for finnish teams, I've only seen Hifk's and Tappara's rosters and both of 'em seem to have left some of the top players out (Hifk: Peltonen, Granlund, Wirtanen, Söderholm + some others, Tappara missing at least Leimu, Ilvonen, Guolla...). I was hoping for the teams to ice their top line-ups, so we could do some comparing between the leagues, but mehh...Well it's a pre-season tournament (at least for now), let's just treat it as such.

Edit. Oh yeah, and reaction on avatar
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/6039/birthdayog6.gif

raystorm 08-11-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saw Is the Law (Post 27320254)

I think tomorrow winners are: HIFK, Jokerit, Kärpät, Bern, Zurich, Praha, Färjestad and Frölunda

I don't think that any finnish would win their game. For example Jokerit are missing their first and second line center and our first goalie isn't playing and one defender is missing too...

Rjinswand 08-11-2010 12:36 PM

Interesting way of starting into your pre-season:
Lennart Petrell 5+20... 18 seconds after the match started.

Btw. here are tickers to all matches.