HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sun-Sentinel: Florida Panthers: Name your own price for tickets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=808194)

FlaPanthers7 08-10-2010 11:15 AM

Florida Panthers: Name your own price for tickets

Playing off new general manager Dale Tallon’s “plan” for his team and borrowing a page from Priceline, the Florida Panthers created “The Perfect Plan” for season ticket sales.

The ticket plan allows fans to pick seats, name a price and learn within 24 hours if their offer has been accepted. The offer, which runs through this week, is available for seats in the lower and upper bowls and club level at BankAtlantic Center. Retail prices range from $60 to $130 per seat per game. Potential buyers could have their offers accepted, be offered another location for that price or work out a different agreement.

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/b..._your_own.html

handbanana 08-10-2010 11:29 AM

I want first row for tree fiddy. Deal?

JP Mick 08-10-2010 11:46 AM

Tallon VS Shatner at the BAC sponsored by Priceline and JetBlue. I can see it now....Yorkman, you listening?:naughty: I'll pay 10 bucks for a lower level seat. (gotta save at least $24 for two beers!)

RCGP 08-10-2010 12:23 PM

This franchise has tried pretty much everything to sell tickets. I applaud them for being creative.

CHGoalie27 08-10-2010 12:55 PM

This franchise has tried everything to sell tickets...EXCEPT PROMOTE THE GAME OF HOCKEY!

FACE PAINTING ANYONE?!?!?!?!?!? BIG BLOW-UP JUMP HOUSE?????

>>>>>HOCKEY<<<<<
NOT CHEERLEADING. NOT HOOTERS CALENDARS.

Then I'll consider buying their "product" again.

StrangeVision 08-10-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 (Post 27321044)
This franchise has tried everything to sell tickets...EXCEPT PROMOTE THE GAME OF HOCKEY!

>>>>>HOCKEY<<<<<

Come one, come all, come see the Florida Panthers hopefully overachieve and get to 25th place!!!

CHGoalie27 08-10-2010 12:59 PM

Seriously, I volunteer my services as goalie to take the shots of any snots outside the BAC before a game...the synthetic ice outside Carl's patio should be more than decoration.

CHGoalie27 08-10-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrangeVision (Post 27321105)
Come one, come all, come see the Florida Panthers hopefully overachieve and get to 25th place!!!

Technically, at this point, overachieving might be to correctly finish last for the pick...they couldn't even do THAT right.

Was the entire point of the last year til now to make BOSTON better?

JP Mick 08-10-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

>>>>>HOCKEY<<<<<

Hey come on, take it easy on the ice dancers. We might suck large huevos but at least we got the FINEST callendar in the league! :sarcasm:

Hip to be Square 08-10-2010 01:24 PM

Confetti after every game! Free baby bottles & formula for the young ones! Twenty-two new mascots!

Ice dancers! Ice back-up dancers! A hip-hop squad that dances up and down the aisles! All new games and prizes! Overpriced beer and food to enjoy!

WHAT MORE COULD ANY OF US WANT?!

Laus723 08-10-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

>>>>>HOCKEY<<<<<

:huh: While I agree they need to promote the game a lot more, how many teams in the NHL have "cheerleaders" and calendars?? Most do, from what I've seen, so...

And they've had face painting and jump houses. ;)

CHGoalie27 08-10-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 27321633)
:huh: While I agree they need to promote the game a lot more, how many teams in the NHL have "cheerleaders" and calendars?? Most do, from what I've seen, so...

Most (small market teams)? How many is most?

Then, how many of those teams are successful?

Bounce houses go with teams relying on draft picks and words like "re-build"

I don't see NYR with them, but I see the Isles with em! (typed while wearing an ultra smug smile)

Laus723 08-10-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 (Post 27323000)
Most (small market teams)? How many is most?

Then, how many of those teams are successful?

Bounce houses go with teams relying on draft picks and words like "re-build"

I don't see NYR with them, but I see the Isles with em! (typed while wearing an ultra smug smile)

A lot of teams have them, teams that have won the Cup in the last decade have em. I'm not a fan of them, but we're not the only team with them. Pretty sure Ottawa has something similar. Doesn't matter, we're not the only team.

Uhm, bounce houses go with about every off-season and seasonal thing. Been to a few Phin games with them, just something for the kids...

This team has plenty of things to harp on, much bigger than the above mentioned.

Holy Jokinen 08-10-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip to be Square (Post 27321472)
Confetti after every game! Free baby bottles & formula for the young ones! Twenty-two new mascots!

Ice dancers! Ice back-up dancers! A hip-hop squad that dances up and down the aisles! All new games and prizes! Overpriced beer and food to enjoy!

WHAT MORE COULD ANY OF US WANT?!

I wanna post a goofy pic of the "You bettah believe it" guy, but i can't find any. But yeah, it would've been funny.

RoadDoggFL 08-10-2010 06:00 PM

Ticket auctions coming at ya.

RCGP 08-11-2010 01:00 AM

Quote:

>>>>>HOCKEY<<<<<

They've done a lot, its up to the fans to support the team because their I can't see deals getting better than this.

I'm a Jacksonville Jaguar fan and that team is going through attendance problems as well with the team doing almost anything to sell tickets. The difference, of course, is the Florida Panthers have been much worse for much longer, so they still have that excuse.

RCGP 08-11-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 27321633)

Flames have ice girls (not necessarily cheerleaders, but serve a similar purpose), calendars, give aways, and face painting. No jump houses. Thats a team that sells out, so most every team does stuff like that.

flapanthersfan 08-11-2010 01:29 AM

instead of *****ing about it, i personally took advantage of this promo and upgraded my season tickets. love it!:yo:

Hip to be Square 08-11-2010 01:45 AM

I'll stick with going to see this crap team play twice a season for practically nothing. Cause that's all they deserve is practically nothing.

Here's the bill at the end of the night..

Tickets - $0.00 (Provided by people who have tickets who just don't want to attend)
Parking - $0.00 (Included in the ticket cost - already covered)
Gas - $4.75 (Estimated cost it takes to get me there and back)
Drink - $0.00 (I take a bottle of water with me and just walk in with it in my pocket - free refills)
Food - $7.50 (Grilled chicken sandwich to hold me over)

Total cost: $12.25

Twelve dollars and twenty-five cents to see exciting Florida Panthers hockey.

Hip to be Square 08-11-2010 01:22 PM

Let's get one thing straight.

I won't complain about winning.

RCGP 08-11-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip to be Square (Post 27331259)
I'll stick with going to see this crap team play twice a season for practically nothing. Cause that's all they deserve is practically nothing.

Here's the bill at the end of the night..

Tickets - $0.00 (Provided by people who have tickets who just don't want to attend)
Parking - $0.00 (Included in the ticket cost - already covered)
Gas - $4.75 (Estimated cost it takes to get me there and back)
Drink - $0.00 (I take a bottle of water with me and just walk in with it in my pocket - free refills)
Food - $7.50 (Grilled chicken sandwich to hold me over)

Total cost: $12.25

Twelve dollars and twenty-five cents to see exciting Florida Panthers hockey.

Atleast if the team moves you can rest easy knowing you did everything you could.

I've spent more money to watch team Canada WJC training camp.

Crazy4Isles 08-11-2010 04:29 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think the Panthers have a beautiful arena. I really enjoyed the game I went to there. (wasn't impressed with the dancers though.) That's a lot more than I can say about my team. Attendance is an issue with them too. It sucks being the underdog.

Besides, I'm extremely jealous of all your ticket "deals". While the Isles have plenty of them as well, I don't live very close and can only go maybe one game a year. I am, however, near Buffalo and let me tell you, they haven't had any deals in several years. I pay an arm and a leg each time I go to one of their games.

AND they have got to be the only team with free parking. You guys have absolutely no reason to complain.

Slick Cat 08-11-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCGP (Post 27320506)
This franchise has tried pretty much everything to sell tickets. I applaud them for being creative.

They haven't tried putting a winning team together. That might help over these pitiful promotions. How about getting a goal scorer or some toughness so our few guys that can score don't get killed, or any type of impact player. Our major acquisitiions are a salary dump defenseman and some more third line forwards.

RCGP 08-12-2010 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick Cat (Post 27343854)
They haven't tried putting a winning team together. That might help over these pitiful promotions. How about getting a goal scorer or some toughness so our few guys that can score don't get killed, or any type of impact player. Our major acquisitiions are a salary dump defenseman and some more third line forwards.

They've tried, just failed horribly. Maybe they could spend some money if people went to games. Players don't like to play in empty buildings.

SufferingCatFan 08-12-2010 06:57 AM

As a long-time season ticket holder, I have mixed emotions. But, on balance, I would rather see the BAC full even if I am paying more for my seats than the person sitting next to me.