HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Easton Synergy se16 Grip (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=808898)

Kritty 08-12-2010 11:19 AM

Easton Synergy se16 Grip

Anyone that's used this stick have any thoughts on it? I used to use the RBK 7k Sickick and loved it and been looking for something similar to it. I've heard great things about this stick.

SouthpawTRK 08-12-2010 11:36 AM

SE16's are such amazing sticks; very well balanced to say the least. Some will chime in that the blade is not too durable and some will beg to differ. It is also very light and has a great low kick point for quick release shots; but does not take away from a nice slap shot.

Harv 08-12-2010 11:37 AM

Excellent stick.

Alot of NHLers are using SE16s with S19 graphics.

Kritty 08-12-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthpawTRK (Post 27350592)
SE16's are such amazing sticks; very well balanced to say the least. Some will chime in that the blade is not too durable and some will beg to differ. It is also very light and has a great low kick point for quick release shots; but does not take away from a nice slap shot.

Sounds similar to the Sickick from RBK. Might have to give it a shot

Jarick 08-12-2010 11:54 AM

The SE16 was the closest feeling stick in terms of flex to the 7k Sickick I've felt, even compared to the new Reebok 8k/10k sticks.

Jarick 08-12-2010 04:07 PM

If anyone comes across any 75 flex sticks with broken blades, give me a heads up. Would make a nice shaft :D

DevsFan84 08-12-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty (Post 27350357)
Anyone that's used this stick have any thoughts on it? I used to use the RBK 7k Sickick and loved it and been looking for something similar to it. I've heard great things about this stick.

Really an awesome stick. Great feel, just the right weight in my opinion, extremely balanced. However, heard mixed reviews on durablity, especially on the blade as Southpaw mentioned. Most people don't know that this stick actually has weights in the blade to help the balance and puck feel.

Blues88 08-12-2010 11:59 PM

This stick is one of the best balanced, lightest sticks I've used. The puck comes off the blade very well. But as far as quality, in my experience, it's terrible. Lost its "zing" after a few weeks and the blade, perhaps its best feature, is its weakest point.

Proceed with caution.

Jarick 08-13-2010 09:09 AM

Isn't the "weighted" blade the new EQ50 stick? I know there is a counterbalance up in the shaft, but I thought it was to balance out the blade weight anyway.

Side note, isn't it funny how sticks went from heavier wood blades and shorter shafts with a wooden plug to ultra light one piece sticks with very little weight in the heel of the blade (no more tenon for a 2-piece) and longer shafts that don't need a plug, and now Easton just introduced a new stick that has weights in the heel and in the plug for balance?

RaoulDuke2k 08-13-2010 11:59 AM

I'm using one now - awesome stick with great feel - easy to load up. I can basically throw snap shots from the point that really move, and I'm not a powerful shooter. The stick does the work.

DevsFan84 08-13-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 27363955)
Isn't the "weighted" blade the new EQ50 stick? I know there is a counterbalance up in the shaft, but I thought it was to balance out the blade weight anyway.

Side note, isn't it funny how sticks went from heavier wood blades and shorter shafts with a wooden plug to ultra light one piece sticks with very little weight in the heel of the blade (no more tenon for a 2-piece) and longer shafts that don't need a plug, and now Easton just introduced a new stick that has weights in the heel and in the plug for balance?

Both the EQ50 and SE16 have weights in the blade.

I honestly don't know how much is public about the eq50 yet so I'll keep my mouth shut on the other specs...I need to keep my job! :)

IniNew 08-13-2010 05:17 PM

The EQ50 has weights in both the blade and the butt end so you can give yourself a "truely customized" feel. Bunch of marketing BS imo, just balance it and sell it. Bauer doesn't seem to have a problem with this.

Jarick 08-13-2010 10:59 PM

Bauer doesn't have a problem but I believe Easton has way more usage among pros :)

Maupin Fan 08-14-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 27374462)
Bauer doesn't have a problem but I believe Easton has way more usage among pros :)

Probably because pros can afford to use sticks that lose their pop after a week and become noodles like Easton's do.

Islander102 08-14-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 (Post 27379106)
Probably because pros can afford to use sticks that lose their pop after a week and become noodles like Easton's do.

I havent used an easton stick since the Synergy si core because they became way to expensive compared to their competitors, but I use a few easton blades on bauer shafts, and their wear and tear, as well as performance has been terrific.

I would guess that Easton has a higher hockey budget than any other hockey company and therefore can afford more sponsorships. The bread and butter of Easton is hockey. Other companies like RBK/CCM have more money invested in other sports and less to spend on hockey sponsorships, and other strictly hockey companies like Warrior and Bauer, have a lesser overall budget than Easton. As a result, Easton has more player sponsorships than any other company. I am sure that a significant portion of Eastons are painted sticks of other brands too, those are all over the NHL.

O23L 08-14-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritty (Post 27350357)

I use to use the 7k also. Bought the SE16, and the piece of crap blade snapped in half second day.

I use a Bauer x60 now.

thedonger 08-14-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Islander102 (Post 27379256)
I havent used an easton stick since the Synergy si core because they became way to expensive compared to their competitors, but I use a few easton blades on bauer shafts, and their wear and tear, as well as performance has been terrific.

I would guess that Easton has a higher hockey budget than any other hockey company and therefore can afford more sponsorships. The bread and butter of Easton is hockey. Other companies like RBK/CCM have more money invested in other sports and less to spend on hockey sponsorships, and other strictly hockey companies like Warrior and Bauer, have a lesser overall budget than Easton. As a result, Easton has more player sponsorships than any other company. I am sure that a significant portion of Eastons are painted sticks of other brands too, those are all over the NHL.

i'm pretty sure it's been noted that easton's hockey dept. has been struggling as of late...especially with bauer taking a strong yearly chunk out of easton's stronghold on pro stick usage. it also doesn't help that their new top tier skate
(eq5) to be released this past year had to be cancelled(at least for worldwide distribution) due to manufacturing issues.
bauer, i believe it's been noted by many sources, has the highest budget in hockey.

you realize that hockey is not easton's top priority as a company right?
well before they got into hockey, they were THE name in aluminum baseball bats and baseball equipment...until louisville slugger came along.
also, they were manufacturing arrows before they ever got into hockey. they also make hiking and skiing equipment...also not to mention the fact that technically it's easton/bell sports, so they also make helmets and cycling equipment as well as a few other things i'm probably missing.

IniNew 08-14-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 27374462)

And all of the Eastons that are being used in the pros don't use a weight system to balance them. They already are. Point still stands.

Leave the gimmicks to Magicians, just make a good product.

Islander102 08-14-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedonger (Post 27380693)
i'm pretty sure it's been noted that easton's hockey dept. has been struggling as of late...especially with bauer taking a strong yearly chunk out of easton's stronghold on pro stick usage. it also doesn't help that their new top tier skate
(eq5) to be released this past year had to be cancelled(at least for worldwide distribution) due to manufacturing issues.
bauer, i believe it's been noted by many sources, has the highest budget in hockey.

you realize that hockey is not easton's top priority as a company right?
well before they got into hockey, they were THE name in aluminum baseball bats and baseball equipment...until louisville slugger came along.
also, they were manufacturing arrows before they ever got into hockey. they also make hiking and skiing equipment...also not to mention the fact that technically it's easton/bell sports, so they also make helmets and cycling equipment as well as a few other things i'm probably missing.

I do realize the other things they make, but if I am not mistaken, their hockey dept gets the most exposure. Aluminum and composite baseball bats are not allowed in any pro league, and they dont make any other equipment with as much of an ad campaign to it as their hockey stuff. I think, anyway.

thedonger 08-14-2010 07:02 PM

their hockey dept gets the most exposure on a pro level, but not much else. exposure in no way relates to retail sales.

you also gotta remember, hockey is a very niche sport. baseball is different than hockey in that kids don't really care what the pro's play because they know that most of the equipment they use, they can't play anyways, or it's a disadvantage to use. pro's are the only ones who use wood bats. everyone else college and down use aluminum, therefore it doesn't matter what the pro's play.
baseball is a very different animal than hockey when it comes to equipment.
and think of how many people in the US as well as asia and south america play baseball at the youth and amateur level...that's a lot of aluminum bats.

Jarick 08-14-2010 09:05 PM

A couple things...

First, most players using Eastons are using ST's, not a fancy modern stick with weights or taper ellipses. So they're making a good product, it's just we consumers are dumb enough to keep requesting lighter sticks with lots of gimmicks and then complaining about the increasing price and breakage :P

Second, most players aren't getting paid to use whatever equipment they use, and the teams pay for all the equipment, so at the NHL level the guys are free to use whatever.