HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: College Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=809294)

jb** 08-13-2010 01:14 PM

College Football

Any college football freaks or gamblers on this board? I myself cant wait for college ball. I hate the nfl but will sit and watch college for 12 hours easy. Discuss.

Nebraska is alock in week one.

Mr Oysterhead 08-13-2010 01:27 PM

Love college football. I do a lot of writing for the ASU Scout.com page. I think the Devils are gonna surprise this year and finish in the top half of the Pac. I'd settle for just finishing 500 though :( These past two years have been brutal.

jb** 08-13-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 27367523)
Love college football. I do a lot of writing for the ASU Scout.com page. I think the Devils are gonna surprise this year and finish in the top half of the Pac. I'd settle for just finishing 500 though :( These past two years have been brutal.

Arizona is a sleeper pick. They have a solid team returning.

Mr Oysterhead 08-13-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO (Post 27367543)
Arizona is a sleeper pick. They have a solid team returning.

UofA could be decent again. We shoulda beat those ****ers last year and we had one of the most miserable starting qbs I've ever watched. Lame thing is the quarterback they've got was an ASU commitment before Erickson took over.

Gonna be a weird year in the Pac.

jb** 08-13-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 27367648)
UofA could be decent again. We shoulda beat those ****ers last year and we had one of the most miserable starting qbs I've ever watched. Lame thing is the quarterback they've got was an ASU commitment before Erickson took over.

Gonna be a weird year in the Pac.

well if you get any inside info that a gamabler can use pass it along lol.

Beef Invictus 08-13-2010 01:59 PM

Go Hokies

DayoftheGreek 08-13-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 27368022)
Go Hokies

This is the extent of my college football interest. As a VT student, I have to cheer for the home team, but I have 0 interest in football outside of that. Its an interesting distraction for a few months every year.

dbr2 08-13-2010 03:43 PM

Go to OSU

jb** 08-13-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek (Post 27369656)

This is the extent of my college football interest. As a VT student, I have to cheer for the home team, but I have 0 interest in football outside of that. Its an interesting distraction for a few months every year.

Boise will roll all over them, so i hope anyway.

FlyHigh 08-13-2010 03:48 PM

I'm almost completely indifferent until the fix the schedule/playoff system tbh.

97FlyersKing18 08-13-2010 03:52 PM

I go to UW-Madison and have had Season Tickets the last 3 years and won the Lottery again this year. Can't really beat the atmosphere of a Saturday Afternoon Big 10 Game. Whether it is the humid Septermber games, the rainy October games or the frigid December games I will be there rooting for the Badgers.

So pumped for NCAA Football to start up, great athletes doing there thing. I get to see OSU vs. Wisconsin this year, but most of the opponents are cupcake teams like Austin Pea, Northern Illinois, The Citadel or Wofford to get win totals up for Bowl Bids.

Oyster, ASU plays Wisco this year in Madison, you should try to make your way to Camp Randall this year.

DrinkFightFlyers 08-13-2010 03:53 PM

Hell yeah! Rutgers is gonna have a real shot at the Big East title this year!

UseYourAllusion 08-13-2010 04:14 PM

Hopefully my Buffs aren't too terrible this year. Or maybe they'll be awful, and finally can Hawk.

GKJ 08-13-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWO (Post 27369680)
Boise will roll all over them, so i hope anyway.

Lies

DenverBoone 08-13-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion (Post 27370080)
Hopefully my Buffs aren't too terrible this year. Or maybe they'll be awful, and finally can Hawk.

Well, they are 13 point dogs against CSU. And CSU is starting a freshman quarterback. I think CU will win 3-4 games this year. They are terrible. Maybe they'll hire Jon Gruden :sarcasm:

JLHockeyKnight 08-13-2010 04:37 PM

<--- see my avatar.

R-U RAH RAH.

GKJ 08-13-2010 04:54 PM

It wasn't long ago Colorado went to back-to-back Big <12 Championship Games. Even if they got crushed when they got there, but the Big <12 North has usually been wide open. Or they might just be biding their time until they jump to the Pac-12.

Mr Oysterhead 08-13-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 (Post 27369809)
Oyster, ASU plays Wisco this year in Madison, you should try to make your way to Camp Randall this year.

I would love to make that trip. Unfortunately my bank account and wallet disagree. My roommate the first couple years of college was from Wisconsin and his family has had Badgers season tix forever. We actually flew up to Milwaukee and drove to Madison with him in 2008 to see the Ohio State game (it was Pryor's first start I think, the night game on ESPN). Really dug Madison. Cool campus, liked the city. We went out and found a place to watch the NFL games on the main street in Madison (forget the name) on sunday and that was good atmosphere too. Spent that friday night in Milwaukee and really liked that place. Had never been before.

Looking forward to our games these next two years though. You guys deserve to be clear favorites but our team is pretty scrappy. Oddly enough, we actually have a damn good defense now. Weird, since it seems like the Devils never do. But our D is stacked right now. Maybe if we can slow your run game down some we'll have a competitive ball game. Cheers.

Mr Oysterhead 08-13-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 27370590)
It wasn't long ago Colorado went to back-to-back Big <12 Championship Games. Even if they got crushed when they got there, but the Big <12 North has usually been wide open. Or they might just be biding their time until they jump to the Pac-12.

I think Colorado and Utah will make nice additions for the Pac. If nothing else, at least we finally get a championship game.

SolidSnakeUS 08-13-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 27368022)
Go Hokies

I've been wearing this current VT hat since I was in high school. So I'd say at least 6 years haha.

BillyShoe1721 08-13-2010 05:26 PM

Penn State.

Not gonna be a great year though, they're penciled in for at least 3 losses with Alabama, Ohio State, and Iowa on the schedule.

DrinkFightFlyers 08-13-2010 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 27370391)
<--- see my avatar.

R-U RAH RAH.

Hell yeah! Keep choppin!

GKJ 08-13-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 27370703)
I think Colorado and Utah will make nice additions for the Pac. If nothing else, at least we finally get a championship game.

We lose it from the Big <12, which defeats part of the purpose.

Might as well call it the Big Texas Conference when they revert to 10 teams. If Texas ****s up, everyone else pays for it with the deal constructed. I can't believe they fell for it, and over the preaching of "we need to preserve our rivalries!" What a load of crap. They would have kept it under a Pac-16 proposal. I've always kind of liked Texas, and didn't like Nebraska, but I'm glad Nebraska and Colorado showed some balls and got out.

I know some people aren't keen on the idea of Championship Games, but I think that's the closest we're ever getting to a Playoff, is if everyone has one. I wish the MWC would get to 12 teams, and the Big East the same, or dissolve. If they get into SuperConferences, they need to allow teams to add games. One Day the Big Twen is going to get Rutgers in, and there will be another chain of events, because the Big East - if they want to - will go after schools like Kansas when DePaul is kicked out.

Beef Invictus 08-13-2010 08:53 PM

Its a shame VT's offensive coordinator is terrible. I want him to be fired, but apparently he is bestest friends with beamer. Stinespring is the bane of my existence for a few months a year.

GKJ 08-13-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 27373294)
Its a shame VT's offensive coordinator is terrible. I want him to be fired, but apparently he is bestest friends with beamer. Stinespring is the bane of my existence for a few months a year.

Hopefully VT doesn't lose their starting running back for the whole season again. That seems to be a recurring theme whether it be injury or dismissal.