HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Book It! (2010-2011 Version) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=809851)

Habsfan18 08-15-2010 06:10 PM

Book It! (2010-2011 Version)

Same idea as last year.

- We'll make the playoffs, and it won't be the 8th spot. Book it.

- Mike Cammalleri will score 35-40 goals. Book it.

- Carey Price will rebound and shut up the critics. Book it.

- Lars Eller will score 15 goals. Book it.

- One (or maybe both) of Andrei Kostitsyn or Benoit Pouliot will frustrate fans for the majority of the season. Book it.

- PK Subban will hit the 40 point plateau and be in the running for the Calder trophy. Book it.

shamrun 08-15-2010 06:21 PM

andrei kostitsyn will not frustrate this year re-book it

Richiebottles 08-15-2010 06:23 PM

Halak will be traded Book it Oh wait.... :sarcasm:

JGRB 08-15-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 27392992)
Same idea as last year.

- One (or maybe both) of Andrei Kostitsyn or Benoit Pouliot will frustrate fans for the majority of the season. Book it.

- PK Subban will hit the 40 point plateau and be in the running for the Calder trophy. Book it.

Dude... You can't book everything! lol

Lars Eller will score 20 goals, because he'll have replaced one of Pouliot or AK on the Top 6 by December. BOOK IT.

Joey 08-15-2010 07:53 PM

Most of these predictions will never come true. Book it ;)

Stubbs88 08-15-2010 08:16 PM

Price gets 1st start in the opener against Toronto. Book it!

katatoniak 08-15-2010 08:16 PM

Gomez gets 60 assists .... Double Book it! (Stubbs88 books it too)

Stubbs88 08-15-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katatoniak (Post 27394620)
Gomez gets 60 assists .... Book it!

You mind if I book this one too? lol

Also,

Brian Gionta scores 30. Book it!

Maitz 08-15-2010 08:20 PM

Lapierre will pimp his car on V Tele next season. Book it :sarcasm:

Seriously,

Lars Eller will become a fan favorite and make the fans forget Halak. Book it

Carey will bounce back and establish himself as a #1. Book it

cap10bfl 08-15-2010 08:24 PM

the new habs captain will be highly critized by the media for not speaking french. Book it!

someone had to go there :D

11Goat11 08-15-2010 08:29 PM

Subban is nominated for the Calder and there is some sort of controversy in the new year involving a Habs player or players that has nothing to do with hockey, book it.

bhuya71 08-15-2010 08:34 PM

We will all ***** and moan when carey loses a game where he is heavily outshot and mtl is shut out! BOOK IT!

Lapierre will be more consistent Book it!

Dustin Boyd will become a fixture on the third line Book it!

THE HOFF 08-15-2010 08:42 PM

-Price will not sign - book it.

-Markov out of the closet with MAB - book it.

- Subban records a fight within his first 5 games. book it.

- PG trades back for S.kos . book it.

- pouilot involved in drug scandal book it

-Gomez will be the escape goat book it (done on purpose)

Might as well start calling the longshots ... you guys already did pretty good.:laugh:

We Want The 25 08-15-2010 08:54 PM

there will be atleast 3 Canadiens players at the all star game BOOK IT!

akalaM 08-15-2010 09:00 PM

We will finish 6th. Book it.
Eller will play 25 games and score 9 points. Book it.

Analyzer 08-15-2010 09:15 PM

10 games in there will be a "We got ****ed over in the Halak for Eller, Schultz deal"

Book it, mang.

Bonin 08-15-2010 10:16 PM

A new chant will emerge and take over de OLE OLE chant. Book it

Cammalleri and A. Kost both get over 83 pts. Book it

LyricalLyricist 08-15-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 27392992)
Same idea as last year.

The critics never ****, so I call you out on this one lol

Stradale 08-15-2010 10:24 PM

Price will have a better record, a better SV% and a better GAA than Halak. Book it!

Ghetto Sangria 08-15-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 27397572)
Price will have a better record, a better SV% and a better GAA than Halak. Book it!

That is a bold statement!!

Akost will continue to frustrate... TAKE THAT TO THE BANK!

VL55 08-16-2010 12:52 AM

Lapierre, Kostityn and Camalleri will post their best offensive stats yet, the Habs will win division, Subban will be a Calder candidate, Gorges will not be captain or alternate but by the end of the playoff people will wish he was, Plek will play similar to last year and avoid the new contract curse, Markov will be free of further injuries once he comes back, be just shy of a Norris candidate and analyst will comment by christmas on how underrated our defense has been.

Book it. I want to save on the notary cost so I am grouping my predictions.

The Habs will win the cup. Book it. This one stands on its own because I don't want to ruin the other entry!

Crimson Skorpion 08-16-2010 01:19 AM

Montreal will finish 9th. Book it.

No player will play all 82 games this year, either do to injury or healthy scratch. Book it.

Maxim Lapierre will rebound and have another strong season. Book it.

Scott Gomez will produce well, shutting up people for his contract obligations but the second he doesn't get a point in a few games straight, people will whine about how he is overpaid and will make awful trade proposals. Book it.

If I'm wrong about any and/or all of these, I'll delete this post and deny ever saying a thing about booking anything. Book it.:sarcasm:

Stradale 08-16-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion (Post 27401064)
Montreal will finish 9th. Book it.

No player will play all 82 games this year, either do to injury or healthy scratch. Book it.

Maxim Lapierre will rebound and have another strong season. Book it.

Scott Gomez will produce well, shutting up people for his contract obligations but the second he doesn't get a point in a few games straight, people will whine about how he is overpaid and will make awful trade proposals. Book it.

If I'm wrong about any and/or all of these, I'll delete this post and deny ever saying a thing about booking anything. Book it.:sarcasm:

Let's see about that. If he is indeed that good, giving his best every shifts like his fan boys pretends him to be, he would get a better average than 62 pts a season (4) since he got that big contract that is forbidden to talk about here. I don't get fooled by his end to end play that dies in the corner.

I'm not saying he's not a good player but just damn tired to see ppl praising him like a god because he's a Habs now. If was still a Rangers with the same contract, producing 60 pts a season, you guys would never want him.

I know you guys like to say things like: It's not a matter of points or production, as long as he does his job its fine. I'm okay with that sentence for bottom 6 player, they have a different role, not necessarily offensively, so its okay that they don't produce as much as we want but we are talking about our first line center. I don't care (much) about how good defensively he is, or how well he skates with the puck, as a first line center, I need production, I need results. He's eating too much of our salarial cap to be just a good defensive player, with good playmaking skill... without production.

I hope he will prove me wrong and I will gladly shut up.

DeadPool 08-16-2010 09:20 AM

Louis Leblanc will get a nine games stint with the Habs before being sent back to Verdun. BOOK IT.

Tuggy 08-16-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 27395638)
10 games in there will be a "We got ****ed over in the Halak for Eller, Schultz deal"

Book it, mang.

Probably started by you.