HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Beauchemin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=809951)

WhatASaveDave 08-15-2010 11:03 PM

Beauchemin

what would u offer for him? :laugh:

Hounsy 08-15-2010 11:04 PM

top six, prospect, and a pick.

BloFan4Life 08-15-2010 11:06 PM

Vanek and Ennis but you have to throw in Finger too.

AverageCanadian 08-15-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave (Post 27399921)

I doubt Beauchemin's trade value has ever been lower. Nothing of significance will be offered for him.

Selanne138 08-15-2010 11:07 PM

Bobby Ryan. But only if you throw in Reimer because the Ducks need a goalie prospect!

190Octane 08-15-2010 11:09 PM

Sergei Fedorov

Schenn 4 Calder 08-15-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatASaveDave (Post 27399921)

Kaberle

Kitten Mittons 08-15-2010 11:15 PM

I'll give you Clowe... for realz this time.

Lario Melieux* 08-15-2010 11:15 PM

marc savard

Lario Melieux* 08-15-2010 11:16 PM

or jordan staal

CapsWolverinesUSA 08-15-2010 11:17 PM

Would not surprise me if the Caps were willing to give up Fleischmann for Beauchemin.

This would also explain why the Belanger signing had been kept under wraps-- McPhee and Burke had a conditional trade in place, with the condition being that Burke would keep Beauchemin if someone blew him away with a huge offer for Kaberle.

For his part, McPhee didn't want the signing of Belanger to go public until the player involved in the trade (Flash) had been made aware of his destination. And that couldn't happen until 12:01 this morning when the condition to the conditional trade was officially gone.

Just a thought.

Bejamin1* 08-15-2010 11:18 PM

I think you should put together a giant post just made up of quotes from Leaf fans about the value of Kaberle. Apparently the rest of the world didn't agree :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

unifiedtheory 08-15-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hounsy (Post 27399950)
top six, prospect, and a pick.

:laugh: Dude, I spit Gatorade all over my monitor. OMG, I'm still laughing.

The best part is just starting. Now Burke is against the wall, he has to flip a defenseman for a forward yet every GM in the league knows he is desperate. He's not getting a top 6 forward unless Schenn's name enters the picture.

Rickety Cricket 08-15-2010 11:23 PM

Mitchell?

SlowShot 08-15-2010 11:23 PM

A second round pick is probably close to his value. He played good with the ducks but had a bad year with the leafs.

GE0 08-15-2010 11:25 PM

I'd rather hang onto Beauchemin, he's a very good player at a fair price.

I have no idea why idiot Leafs fans are so eager to get rid of him.

Dutch Dreams 08-15-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA (Post 27400230)
Would not surprise me if the Caps were willing to give up Fleischmann for Beauchemin.

This would also explain why the Belanger signing had been kept under wraps-- McPhee and Burke had a conditional trade in place, with the condition being that Burke would keep Beauchemin if someone blew him away with a huge offer for Kaberle.

For his part, McPhee didn't want the signing of Belanger to go public until the player involved in the trade (Flash) had been made aware of his destination. And that couldn't happen until 12:01 this morning when the condition to the conditional trade was officially gone.

Just a thought.

Fleischmann is exactly what we DON't need, and Washington has an impressive top-four going into next season.

Anaheim may be interested, with their abysmal defense. Beauchemin would make their top-four passable. We don't have a 3rd in 011'.. as it was part of the deal in acquiring our own 2nd in 010' back for the Kessel offer... Anaheim just acquired a 3rd from NYI for Wisniewski.. and it will likely be an early pick, even if it's only in the third.. I think such a transaction would be ideal.

Selanne138 08-15-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowShot (Post 27400337)
A second round pick is probably close to his value. He played good with Scott Neidermayer to cover his ass but had a bad year with the leafs.

fixed it for ya :thumbu:

CapsWolverinesUSA 08-15-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutch Dreams (Post 27400368)
Fleischmann is exactly what we DON't need, and Washington has an impressive top-four going into next season.

Anaheim may be interested, with their abysmal defense. Beauchemin would make their top-four passable. We don't have a 3rd in 011'.. as it was part of the deal in acquiring our own 2nd in 010' back for the Kessel offer... Anaheim just acquired a 3rd from NYI for Wisniewski.. and it will likely be an early pick, even if it's only in the third.. I think such a transaction would be ideal.

The phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind.

Fleischmann has scored more than 40 goals in the last two seasons. I believe Phil Kessel and Versteeg are the only player on your roster who can say the same. Your forwards are horrendous, and you've got 8 fulltime NHL defensemen making $28m in cap hits next season. This kind of deal makes sense, whether insanely myopic Leafs fans love it or not.

Gilligans Island 08-15-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GE0 (Post 27400364)
I'd rather hang onto Beauchemin, he's a very good player at a fair price.

I have no idea why idiot Leafs fans are so eager to get rid of him.

B/c you have Kaberle, Schenn and Gunnarsson to re-sign and have neon Dion, Beauchimin and Komisarek already on the roster. Every GM knows Burke can't re-sign all 3 of those so he's just put himself in a worse position.

That said, DW should offer Mitchell, Joslin and 2nd for Beauchimin. No way he should offer Clowe. Only way Clowe should be traded is at the deadline if one of our youngsters proves ready to handle top 6 time.

leafsforever 08-15-2010 11:45 PM

Lupul ?

northernKing 08-16-2010 12:15 AM

How about LA's 2nd and Toronto gets back its 2012 3rd pick from LA?

Serpico4ever 08-16-2010 12:25 AM

Twix bar. On the one hand its delicious, on the other its a candy bar.. lower cap hit too.

seanlinden 08-16-2010 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA (Post 27400460)
The phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind.

Fleischmann has scored more than 40 goals in the last two seasons. I believe Phil Kessel and Versteeg are the only player on your roster who can say the same. Your forwards are horrendous, and you've got 8 fulltime NHL defensemen making $28m in cap hits next season. This kind of deal makes sense, whether insanely myopic Leafs fans love it or not.

That he has.... but the reality is that he problably wouldn't outside of Washington.... when looking at the production of any of the caps secondary players, you've gotta consider the context of their situation.... they're either getting the benefit of being along for the ride with Backstrom/Ovechkin, getting the benefit of playing behind that level of dominance at the same time as being along for the ride with Semin, or getting the benefit of never seeing oppositions best defensive units, because everyone linematches against Washington.

All that on a team who believes teh best defence is a good offence.

It really doesn't make sense for the Leafs to part with anything for Fleischmann... they could go out and sign Raffi Torres who would produce only a little bit less, but would also be extremely appropriate for a 3rd line role if the Leafs had a young guy end up playing in the top 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafsforever (Post 27400650)
Lupul ?

Toronto would be MUCH better off trading Beauchemin for picks/prospects and then trading a 7th round pick to Boston for Michael Ryder if they were going to entertain that idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligans Island (Post 27400634)
B/c you have Kaberle, Schenn and Gunnarsson to re-sign and have neon Dion, Beauchimin and Komisarek already on the roster. Every GM knows Burke can't re-sign all 3 of those so he's just put himself in a worse position.

That said, DW should offer Mitchell, Joslin and 2nd for Beauchimin. No way he should offer Clowe. Only way Clowe should be traded is at the deadline if one of our youngsters proves ready to handle top 6 time.

Those 3 players need to be resigned NEXT offseason, and Beauchemin only becomes expendable if Gunnarsson doesn't sophmore slump, and Schenn develops his 2-way game as opposed to stay-at-home game. If he ends up developing the shutdown side, then Komisarek will problably be on the chopping block, hence why Aulie was so important in the Phaneuf deal.

If the Sharks wanted Beauchemin, there would be no discussions without Ryane Clowe involved... and even with Clowe, you can make the case that the Leafs are better off keeping Beauchemin this year, simply because they don't know what they have in Carl Gunnarsson/Luke Schenn.

toquerasta 08-16-2010 01:22 AM

As much as I like him and as much as other fans believe he has ridiculously negative value, I think Beauchemin is clearly the odd man out. Don't expect him to be in a Leafs jersey by the start of the season.