HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers' Beyond the Top 20 Prospects POLL (#24) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=81007)

bmoak 05-30-2004 08:33 AM

Rangers' Beyond the Top 20 Prospects POLL (#24)

It's Moore, Moore, Moore for the 24th slot. How do you like it?

The Rangers' prospect rankings are as follows...

1) Fedor Tjutin
2) Henrik Lundqvist
3) Josef Balej
4) Hugh Jessiman
5) Thomas Pock
6) Petr Prucha
7) Maxim Kondratiev
8) Jarkko Immonen
9) Ivan Baranka
10) Garth Murray
11) Nigel Dawes
12) David Liffiton
13) Dominic Moore
14) Marcus Jonasen
15) Dwight Helminen
16) Bryce Lampman
17) Alexandre Giroux
18) Ken Roche
19) Chad Wiseman
20) Ryan Hollweg
21) Jake Taylor
22) Rick Kozak
23) Greg Moore

Who is the Rangers' #24 Prospect?

bmoak 05-30-2004 08:55 AM

As you know, next round is the last round (unless people beg me to keep the poll going to 30).

It's been a lot of fun doing this, even though it'll have to be redone after the draft. We'll probably end up with 2-3 new guys in the top 10 and a total of 5 or 6 in the top 25.

We haven't had any add-ins in a while, so I'm going to ask you for one last participatory gesture in the poll. Once the Top 25 is chosen, the remaining players who have gotten votes will be on the unranked Honorable Mention list.

I'd like poll voters to select 3 Rangers' prospects not on the poll to be added to the Honorable Mention list. Longshots are OK here. The top 3 vote-getters will be added to the HM list and avoid being banished to the outer darkness of Rangers' prospectdom with the likes of Sven Helfenstein, Pontus Petterstrom, and Lucas Lawson.

Thanks.

bmoak 05-30-2004 08:56 AM

My add-ins for HM are Crabb, Reese, and Dusablon.

Bluenote13 05-30-2004 09:03 AM

Goaltender Chris Holt is being forgotten as well. Ok, so he had a forgettable first year at Nebraska, behind that Conference's worst defense.

jas 05-30-2004 09:40 AM

I took Walsh. He went from a fourth-liner as a freshman, to the top line as a sophomore.

Sunshine 05-30-2004 10:48 AM

Re: Top 25 & on

You've done a great job moderating this.

The scary thing is that we're concluding the top 25 with quality talent still out there. I don't think you "HAVE TO" go past the Top 25 (although if you did, I'm sure you'd continue to get poll responses)

However, it would be nice to have a large pool of "Honorable Mention" named that we can have to conclude the project.

As you said, come draft time, it'll be fun adding in another half dozen (even MORE) names...

Great Job.

Son of Steinbrenner 05-30-2004 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine
You've done a great job moderating this.

The scary thing is that we're concluding the top 25 with quality talent still out there. I don't think you "HAVE TO" go past the Top 25 (although if you did, I'm sure you'd continue to get poll responses)

However, it would be nice to have a large pool of "Honorable Mention" named that we can have to conclude the project.

As you said, come draft time, it'll be fun adding in another half dozen (even MORE) names...

Great Job.

yes there are prospects after 25. mr sather has done a great job getting young talent here.

Vito Andolini 05-30-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
yes there are prospects after 25. mr sather has done a great job getting young talent here.

Not trying to pick an argument, but do you have to put this comment in every single one of these threads? You act like Sather has done something magical here. THE MAN HAS MISSED THE PLAYOFFS FOR ALL 4 OF HIS SEASONS! Not only should we be stacked with depth, but we should also be stacked with top end talent, and it is highly debateable about whether we are. So lets not dismiss the past 4 seasons and act like we just missed winning the Cup, cause the man has done absolutely nothing to be congratulated on.

Bluenote13 05-31-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vito Andolini
Not trying to pick an argument, but do you have to put this comment in every single one of these threads? You act like Sather has done something magical here. THE MAN HAS MISSED THE PLAYOFFS FOR ALL 4 OF HIS SEASONS! Not only should we be stacked with depth, but we should also be stacked with top end talent, and it is highly debateable about whether we are. So lets not dismiss the past 4 seasons and act like we just missed winning the Cup, cause the man has done absolutely nothing to be congratulated on.

Whats worse is that he probably voted for Lee Falardeau!?!

DarthSather99 05-31-2004 04:37 PM

Go Walsh go....I've been calling his name the last three polls.

bmoak 06-01-2004 01:02 PM

3-way tie for 2 spots! I'd like to close this at midnight but someonehas to take the lead!