HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Habs - Washington proposal (Ovechkin) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=81011)

NewHabsEra* 05-30-2004 09:22 AM

Habs - Washington proposal (Ovechkin)

To Washington: Garon, Ribeiro, Hainsey, 18th overall, next year first pick

To Montreal: first overall

Vic Rattlehead* 05-30-2004 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea

not enough. Why would Washington need a goalie anyways? They have plenty of goalie prospect.

EroCaps 05-30-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

I'd decline.

First take out Garon, the Caps don't need any more goaltenders.

It's now Ovechkin for Ribeiro, Hainsey, and two likely mid/low firsts, or Ovechkin for a borderline all-star, good defensive prospect, and two mid-level first, presumptively at a period in development where quality over quantity is Washinton's MO.

I'll give you credit, the Caps could use a player like Hainsey, but we're more than capable of trading up using our excess of picks for a top 3 d-prospect, and just signing a couple mid-tier UFA veterans to fill gaps next year.

I doubt McPhee trades the pick, even for Nash, which Columbus would be out of their minds to do in the first place.

Jasper17 05-30-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

The Caps have no need for Garon, and the 18th overall in this year's draft is nothing to get excited about.

Any deal with Montreal has to start with Kastsitsyn and Komo

SabresRule 05-30-2004 10:05 AM

Caps would be silly to trade 1st overall for anything less than next year's 1st overall. CERTAINLY 18th overall will be of NO use.

If they do trade it'll be to about 3rd overall. LOWEST. mark my words.

jumptheshark 05-30-2004 10:26 AM

First--not enough

2nd--toss in three more first rounders--hossa's little brother--and three guys from the habs prospect list(top three) and then the caps might listen--I am not being sarcastic--it is just a fact that Ovecheckin could be that good!

Mizral 05-30-2004 11:01 AM

Kastsitsyn, Komisarek, Rivet, 1st round pick in 2004, & Ron Hainsey for Alexander Ovechkin

I dunno, just throwing it out there.

EroCaps 05-30-2004 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral
Kastsitsyn, Komisarek, Rivet, 1st round pick in 2004, & Ron Hainsey for Alexander Ovechkin

McPhee for better or worse is almost stuck with #1. The Caps need a face to market.

zetterberg40 05-30-2004 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19bruins19
not enough. Why would Washington need a goalie anyways? They have plenty of goalie prospect.

agreed.... Riberio is good, they got no use for Garon at all, Hainsey isnt thrilling anymore as a prospect IMHO, id rather draft someone with his calibur and younger, the draft pick wont be anything good (wont be a top10) and the 18th pick will get yes a decent player but nothing worth ovechkin... Start with someone like Kastitsyn, Markov and probably ur first this year and then ur on the right track

Malakhov 05-30-2004 11:49 AM

Ribeiro, Kastsitsyn, Komisarek, Zednik, Habs 1st round 2004, Habs 1st round 2005 for Washington capitals 1st round 2004

Traitor8 05-30-2004 11:53 AM

I would never do the deal Malakhov proposed from the Habs POV

Jasper17 05-30-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizral

That would get it done, but the Habs would never offer that.

Malakhov 05-30-2004 01:29 PM

Yeah well it's the kind of deal you'd have to make for a player like Ovechkin.

I wouldn't do it myself though.

Epsilon 05-30-2004 03:00 PM

The Habs proposal for Kovalchuk should serve as your starting point when making or comparing deals. Mizral's proposal was pretty close IMO.

#1 pick (Ilya Kovalchuk)

for

Markov
Zednik
Garon
#7 pick
#22 pick

leafaholix* 05-30-2004 03:05 PM

You'd have to overpay Lindros-style.

craig1 05-30-2004 03:17 PM

No from the Caps standpoint.......and this from someone who really hates the Caps....

Traitor8 05-30-2004 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epsilon
The Habs proposal for Kovalchuk should serve as your starting point when making or comparing deals. Mizral's proposal was pretty close IMO.

#1 pick (Ilya Kovalchuk)

for

Markov
Zednik
Garon
#7 pick
#22 pick

Correction..it was the #25th pick..(Alexander Perezhogin) and a lot of people would go you offered Markov and all that but you got to take into consideration that it was 3 yrs ago...where Markov was in and out..ahl or nhl type player and he was drafted in the 6th round..the habs didn't think he would pan out this bad...Zednik ..he just joined the habs..still hasn't scored 30 goals yet..Garon was in Quebec in the Ahl most of the time.

Drake1588 05-30-2004 05:03 PM

I think you can probably stick a fork in trade proposals for the #1 overall at this point. The proposals won't stop, and they help to pass the time, but realistically this is moot. No one is offering the farm, nor will such an offer be forthcoming, and that is what it will take.

PJ Wiggum 05-30-2004 05:06 PM

Face it this idea makes no sense for both teams. Washington needs that sue fire superstar and not the 3rd - 2nd liners and number 3 defenseman they got midseason, (Kastsitson and Komisarek are not options), and Montreal can`t afford to give up that many players when they are counting on them for the next 5-12 years.

PSUhockey34 05-31-2004 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov
Ribeiro, Kastsitsyn, Komisarek, Zednik, Habs 1st round 2004, Habs 1st round 2005 for Washington capitals 1st round 2004

As a Caps fan the only thing else I can think of for you to throw into a trade like that is the keys to the city...serious overpayment, the chance of another Lindros deal happenning like that is nil

TVanek26* 05-31-2004 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov

:lol :lol: :joker:

Wow,how about adding Theodore and Koivu in there?Maybe Ryder and Garon to make sure?

That is by far one of the most ridiculous offers ever.Ovechkin isn't going to score 80 goals or get 215 points like Gretzky.You're offering a 2 former top 10 picks who are top prospects,a young 60 point player,a 20 goal scorer and then 2 1sts?

:shakehead: I can't believe how overrated Ovechkin is.He may turn out to be real good, but I wouldn't even offer this for a 20 year old Bobby Orr.

Jason MacIsaac 05-31-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
:lol :lol: :joker:

Wow,how about adding Theodore and Koivu in there?Maybe Ryder and Garon to make sure?

That is by far one of the most ridiculous offers ever.Ovechkin isn't going to score 80 goals or get 215 points like Gretzky.You're offering a 2 former top 10 picks who are top prospects,a young 60 point player,a 20 goal scorer and then 2 1sts?

:shakehead: I can't believe how overrated Ovechkin is.He may turn out to be real good, but I wouldn't even offer this for a 20 year old Bobby Orr.

I would offer every Devils prospect for a 20 year old Orr....then more.

boomboom 06-01-2004 03:14 PM

I think he is overated to......
If Habs make an offer for him, it would be in the looks of this:

Souray, Hossa, Plecanek and 1 rst pick this year.

Chaos 06-01-2004 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomboom
I think he is overated to......
If Habs make an offer for him, it would be in the looks of this:

Souray, Hossa, Plecanek and 1 rst pick this year.

As McPhee hangs up the phone on you. It would take Kastitsyn, Komisarek, and a couple of 1st rounders to even get Washington's attention. But all this doesnt matter. Unless someone offers up a Lindros-type overpayment, Ovechkin will be a Capital next season.

leafaholix* 06-01-2004 03:25 PM

People who say he's overrated haven't seen him in action.

He's clearly the second best prospect in the world at the moment (Sidney Crosby).