HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   OT: Another off-topic thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=810486)

PhoPhan 08-17-2010 04:11 PM

Another off-topic thread
 
Thread limit reached on the last one.

Colt45Blast 08-17-2010 04:25 PM

This one is for the Mods

What is it like to be a Mod at HF Boards? How many warnings, infractions, bans do you normally handout? What rules are commonly broken in your eyes that you need to hand out punishment? What does it take to be a Mod at HFBoards and how did you become one? Any interesting stories that standout with another user in trouble even though you can't say names? Any stuff you had to penalize someone for even though you found what was written funny?

Might as well ask these questions since no one else has asked in the off-topic thread before?

AZcoyotes 08-17-2010 07:10 PM

I thought I would post this, Just for fun.

http://www.netstate.com/states/symb/...en_chicken.jpg

PhoPhan 08-17-2010 07:11 PM

Some thoughts on being a moderator:

-I absolutely do it because I love the power associated with it, and I have no opportunities to exercise power in my "real" life.
-I should be salaried, not paid hourly.
-The favor I'm given by "lower"* posters makes up for it.
-Yes, the basement in my mom's house does have a window.
-I put "HF Moderator" on my resume.
-Only four of you *******s tipped me last year.


*"Lower" is a term used in the moderator lexicon to mean "non-moderator."

AZcoyotes 08-17-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 27425717)
-I should be salaried, not paid hourly.

Moderators get paied?
Sorry if this is a stupid Q.

rt 08-17-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 27425717)
Some thoughts on being a moderator:

-I absolutely do it because I love the power associated with it, and I have no opportunities to exercise power in my "real" life.
-I should be salaried, not paid hourly.
-The favor I'm given by "lower"* posters makes up for it.
-Yes, the basement in my mom's house does have a window.
-I put "HF Moderator" on my resume.
-Only four of you *******s tipped me last year.


*"Lower" is a term used in the moderator lexicon to mean "non-moderator."

It was my understanding, Adam, that tips were no longer a part of our..."arrangement"

http://www.ronsaari.com/stockImages/...ywoodMotel.jpg

SniperHF 08-17-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 27425717)
Some thoughts on being a moderator:

-I absolutely do it because I love the power associated with it, and I

I KNEW It all along. :nod:

zz 08-17-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 27425717)
The favor I'm given by "lower"* posters makes up for it.

Nice. :laugh:

mouser 08-18-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaPride (Post 27423853)
This one is for the Mods

What is it like to be a Mod at HF Boards? How many warnings, infractions, bans do you normally handout? What rules are commonly broken in your eyes that you need to hand out punishment? What does it take to be a Mod at HFBoards and how did you become one? Any interesting stories that standout with another user in trouble even though you can't say names? Any stuff you had to penalize someone for even though you found what was written funny?

Might as well ask these questions since no one else has asked in the off-topic thread before?

For an incredibly boring answer: moderation actions like warn/infract/bans/or similar things are confidential. That includes not only posters discussing any warnings they've received on the forums, but also moderators.

What does it take to be a moderator? First and foremost a time commitment to look after the forum[s] you're responsible for. We're here to help keep HFB an enjoyable place for members to participate in by seeing that the site rules are followed. If you're interested in becoming a moderator at HFB, the site rules link has info on how to apply.

http://hfboards.com/misc.php?do=cfrules
Quote:

If you're interested in becoming a moderator send your application to moderators@hfboards.com. No experience is required, but you must be a member for a minimum of six months. Simply state your interest, why you want to be a moderator, and which forum(s) you're interested in moderating. The length of time you've been a member, post quality and frequency, history of warnings/infractions, and recommendations from other moderators are taken into consideration.

On a different OT topic: finished about 20 spots out of the money at the Az state poker championship this weekend--biggest tournament in Arizona. Took a couple really disappointing bad beats at the end.

GopherState 08-19-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 27425717)
Some thoughts on being a moderator:

-Yes, the basement in my mom's house does have a window.

Lucky.

SniperHF 08-21-2010 10:51 PM

Thursday i slashed up my finger wit an x-acto knife. Total ER time = 4.5HRS. so if you see me typing in broken english thats why :D

TheMurdocktor 08-22-2010 04:48 AM

Wondering if I should change my avatar. I like the WhiteOut picture but the picture I'm thinking of changing it to is a shot of Hanzal punching James Neal's lights out after the hit that he laid on Prucha before the Olympic break.

The Hanzal picture is currently set as my desktop wallpaper so I think that is enough, but what do you guys think.

Or do you even care? :)

rt 08-22-2010 12:22 PM

At the very least, post the picture here, please.

TheMurdocktor 08-22-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 27479849)
At the very least, post the picture here, please.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k4...313/ohyeah.jpg

Colt45Blast 08-23-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperHF (Post 27476509)
Thursday i slashed up my finger wit an x-acto knife. Total ER time = 4.5HRS. so if you see me typing in broken english thats why :D

Ouch! Did you need any blood transfusion for that cut off?

Scottrocks58* 08-23-2010 10:41 PM

OT - the Coyotes might be the only playoff team in town. Leinart looked like a deer in the headlights. Anderson was like a blind bull in a pen full of cows. There's trouble in River City. And it ain't pool.

Rabbit 08-23-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 (Post 27500832)
OT - the Coyotes might be the only playoff team in town. Leinart looked like a deer in the headlights. Anderson was like a blind bull in a pen full of cows. There's trouble in River City. And it ain't pool.

I wouldn't worry just yet. Let's wait for the regular season to come around.

PhoPhan 08-25-2010 09:07 AM

After driving about 600 miles yesterday, I'm now in DC for a few days. I've got a job interview at 1, so wish me luck. I'll be back in Philadelphia tomorrow, though hopefully just temporarily.

Art.Vandelay 08-25-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 (Post 27500832)
OT - the Coyotes might be the only playoff team in town. Leinart looked like a deer in the headlights. Anderson was like a blind bull in a pen full of cows. There's trouble in River City. And it ain't pool.

Leinert is starting to look like deer laying in the road after the headlights have passed over it. I know it's only preseason, but even going back to his relief appearances the past few years, he has not shown that he can run an offense.

Sinurgy 08-25-2010 01:43 PM

Goodluck!!! Break a leg!!! Or however the hell that stuff works.

Sinurgy 08-25-2010 02:08 PM

OMG, I'm about down with this state and all of it's dumber than dumb people. Ben Quayle?!?! Are you ****ing serious?!?!

Colt45Blast 08-25-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 27523774)
OMG, I'm about down with this state and all of it's dumber than dumb people. Ben Quayle?!?! Are you ****ing serious?!?!

I can't believe John McPhony won the primary again. :shakehead Well, at least Arizona isn't Democratic like California. :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

SH1VERmeT1MBERS 08-25-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaPride (Post 27527695)
I can't believe John McPhony won the primary again. :shakehead Well, at least Arizona isn't Democratic like California. :yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

Tell that to all of the people that voted for the tax hike. :(

Scottrocks58* 08-25-2010 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 27523774)
OMG, I'm about down with this state and all of it's dumber than dumb people. Ben Quayle?!?! Are you ****ing serious?!?!

He has the chance to achieve as much as his father did during his own career. That said, he may reach to attain "annoying but harmless" status. He may not even reach "annoying" and peak at "largely ineffective and ignored".

PhoPhan 08-25-2010 09:03 PM

No politics. Don't make me give you a formal warning politely asking you not to make me give you an infraction.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.