How about "Oldtimers Nite in Smashville"
OldTimers Nite in Smashville: I think it’s about time
Oldtimers Day, a baseball-related ritual where teams bring back their players from bygone years to stir memories from fans, would be a great idea for the Preds next year.
Devote an entire day to it:
Reunite the old Pred band “Offside” featuring Denny Lambert and Sebastian Bordeleau and have them play outside in the late afternoon at a pre-game party. They can play the greatest hits from their CD “Check Please”
Check Please - Song List:
1. Opening Montage
2. I Am a Predator - Ted Nugent (live)
3. First, the (first ever franchise shutout vs. phoenix January 15, 1999)
4. Ready to Go - Republica
5. Stonewalled (first ever franchise shutout vs. phoenix January 15, 1999)
6. Takin' Care of Business - Offside
7. Cliff Ronning Goes Goal Crazy
8. Hockey Tonk - Delbert McClinton
9. Beating the Best (down goes Detroit & Washington)
10. New Sensation - INXS
12. Sweet Home Alabama - Offside
13. I Like It, I Love It - Tim McGraw (Nashville predators version)
14. Save Dunham
15. Keep Your Hands to Yourself - Offside
16. O.T. Thriller vs. New Jersey January 30, 1999
17. Predator Stomp, The - Leo M.C.
19. Stick It to em Boys - Mary Sue Englund
20. Goal Predators
21. Rock & Roll Part 2 - Alphabet City All-Stars
22. Closing Time - Offside
Make it “Throwback Jersey Nite” and ask fans to wear jersey’s from ex-preds.
Have a pre-game ceremony where they introduce past players, show old highlights, and field two teams of ex-preds.
Play a short Oldtimers Game where they play against each other for fun.
Then play the regulation game
Throw more old highlights in thru-out the game along with cameo Megatron shots of ex-preds in their suites watching the game.
It would be big time fun and great for past and present players. We have a short but fun history. We should celebrate it.
"We're gonna rock! Doin' the Predators' stomp! We're gonna roll, GO PREDATORS GO!"
So lame, yet so awesome. :yo:
Throw in some Grumpy Old Men scenes on the MegaTron and I'm in.
No, seriously I like it.
Love this idea
My mother bought me a copy of that CD at the 2003 Draft and I still listen to it a couple times a year. It's corny at times, but just a lot of fun...
It's too bad that most of the 'Old timers' for the Preds are still playing in the NHL. The main glitch to being a still young expansion franchise.
Id say we are probably another 5-7 years or so from this being a viable option. would be hard pressed to scrape up even 15 or 20 retired ex preds who anyone would care about seeing and Dunham would be the only available goalie unless you count Finley, Lasak or Fichaud
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.