HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Injury Report: Edler Fully Recovered from Ankle Injury (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=811754)

Wetcoaster 08-21-2010 03:32 PM

Edler Fully Recovered from Ankle Injury

Some good news on the injury front -

Edler sounds good to go.

With Salo out likely to December and Burrows' status unsure, this qualifies as good news:
Quote:

"It was a breakout and I got hit a little bit and fell down and he (Dustin Byfuglien) stepped on my (right) ankle," says Edler, who has been skating the past few days at UBC. "It was bad luck, I guess. I was in a walking cast for five weeks, I think, and on crutches for two or three weeks."
The injury didn't make for a great start to his summer, but Edler says he feels fine and does not expect his ankle to be an issue when the team gathers for training camp in less than a month.

"You always take some time off after the season so it was a good time for an injury if it had to happen," he says. "I had a lot of time to recover and it feels like I have been working out pretty good this summer and it feels good on the ice, so it shouldn't be an issue."

LostMyGlasses* 08-21-2010 03:36 PM

That was a hard hit, I'm glad Edler's ready to go early.

Trends Analyst 08-21-2010 03:41 PM

Even had we forced a Game 7 against Chicago it would have been hard to see us winning without Edler and one balled Salo.

Good to see he is healthy though.

FloydTheBarber 08-21-2010 04:57 PM

Hit? I thought Bfuglyin just fell on top of his leg.

ddawg1950 08-21-2010 06:21 PM

Until I read this earlier, I'd kind of forgotten that whole play...and Edler's subsequent injury. I'm hoping this year is the breakout for him. I really saw some extra things from him in the playoffs (particularly the hit on Doughty) and if Edler can deliver on the promise he's shown (in flashes) the last couple of years, our D will be very solid.

Cogburn 08-23-2010 01:55 AM

Excellent news. Edler, Ehrhoff, Ballard and Hamhuis as a top 4 is a deep, strong group in all respects, and I'm glad O'Brien or Baumgartner won't have to fill in to these roles immediately.

UBCsalmonslayer 08-23-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogburn (Post 27487527)
Excellent news. Edler, Ehrhoff, Ballard and Hamhuis as a top 4 is a deep, strong group in all respects, and I'm glad O'Brien or Baumgartner won't have to fill in to these roles immediately.

Strongest top 4 D the Canucks have had in their history :nod:

rye&ginger 08-23-2010 12:39 PM

Dont mess with the HEEB

GCM 08-23-2010 07:56 PM

Glad to hear it. Really good news. Edler's health was overshadowed by most other Canucks news. Good topic wetcoaster.

MTechnik 08-23-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UBCsalmonslayer (Post 27487704)
Strongest top 4 D the Canucks have had in their history :nod:

I concur.

Kagee* 08-24-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddawg1950 (Post 27474283)
Until I read this earlier, I'd kind of forgotten that whole play...and Edler's subsequent injury.

lol no kidding, really glad to hear has fully recovered! :handclap: