HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Wild Draft Day Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=81235)

barnabyrules 05-31-2004 01:04 PM

Minnesota Wild Draft Day Proposal

I've thrown this trade around on a few different threads and was just wondering how far up the Wild could move in the draft with this proposal. I know TSK wants the Wild to move down and pick up some extra picks but personally i think we need a puck moving defencemen that can QB the powerplay and the only players i could see filling that bill right away are Barker and Thelen. Barker will be gone by #3 or #4 and IMO Thelen could go anywhere between #5 and #8 so we would have to move up to get him. So heres my proposal:

12th Overall
2nd Rounder (2005)
Manny Fernandez (RFA)
Filip Kuba
Matt Foy

Fernandez is a solid goaltender that could be the #1 guy on some teams and kind of a 1B goalie on other teams. He is a RFA but he won't cost that much (2 - 2.5 million).

Kuba was an all-star so his value should be somewhat high. He is a solid, stay at home defencemen that led the Wild in ice time last year but he wont chip in very many points.

Foy is solid prospect that has developed well since we drafted him. He is a powerforward type player that can play physical and score a few goals also.

So how far could the Wild move up with this?

pappa jan 05-31-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnabyrules
I've thrown this trade around on a few different threads and was just wondering how far up the Wild could move in the draft with this proposal. I know TSK wants the Wild to move down and pick up some extra picks but personally i think we need a puck moving defencemen that can QB the powerplay and the only players i could see filling that bill right away are Barker and Thelen. Barker will be gone by #3 or #4 and IMO Thelen could go anywhere between #5 and #8 so we would have to move up to get him. So heres my proposal:

12th Overall
2nd Rounder (2005)
Manny Fernandez (RFA)
Filip Kuba
Matt Foy

Fernandez is a solid goaltender that could be the #1 guy on some teams and kind of a 1B goalie on other teams. He is a RFA but he won't cost that much (2 - 2.5 million).

Kuba was an all-star so his value should be somewhat high. He is a solid, stay at home defencemen that led the Wild in ice time last year but he wont chip in very many points.

Foy is solid prospect that has developed well since we drafted him. He is a powerforward type player that can play physical and score a few goals also.

So how far could the Wild move up with this?

12th, 2nd and Matt Foy
could get you up to around 7-8 i believe. i can't see why you want to trade kuba who year after year puts up some respectable #'s, to trade up to get a puck-moving prospect dman. he's your #1 dman, and as you said, an all-star.

Fernandez worth is around a late 1st to a mid 2nd pick. Him packaged with the 12th could move you up a couple spots, perhaps as many as 5 to # 7.

thestonedkoala 05-31-2004 01:47 PM

I think Foy has more value to the team than trading him simply because of the rough year he had last year.

Kuba might be moved simply because he is slowly diminishing and being outpaced by the young guys. He doesn't us his body and his value is at an all time high.

barnabyrules 05-31-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pappa jan
i can't see why you want to trade kuba who year after year puts up some respectable #'s, to trade up to get a puck-moving prospect dman. he's your #1 dman, and as you said, an all-star.

Kuba being an all-star was an absolute joke. Last season he was -7 and is a career -20. He turns the puck over way to much in the neutral zone and doesn't use his size to his advantage at all. On the other hand him being an all-star should boost his trade value to other teams. We also have several defencemen that can easily take Kuba spot next year like Henry, Zyuzin, and Shultz. We just really need a QB on the powerplay and you have to give something up to get something.