HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Roman Malek (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=81288)

Kafka 05-31-2004 05:51 PM

Roman Malek

What isn't he comming to play in North America? Someone said he didn't want to play in the AHL... could he change is mind before the next season or the next one?

GKJ 05-31-2004 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka
What isn't he comming to play in North America? Someone said he didn't want to play in the AHL... could he change is mind before the next season or the next one?

yeah that was me. I guess I should have said that he regreted it, but he didn't sign his past season because he didn't want to play in the AHL, he wanted a one-way deal. He later said he should have taken that deal because Malek was arguably (I disagreed) the Flyers top goaltending prospect. Now it is clearly Antero Niittymaki and Malek might want to look behind him and watch out for David Tremblay.

I expect his rights to be dealt at the draft.

Pontifex Maximus* 05-31-2004 06:10 PM

Maybe the Kings will take him for a second.

Kafka 05-31-2004 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
yeah that was me.

Stop following me please!!! ;-)

Thanks for all the infos!

GKJ 05-31-2004 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
Maybe the Kings will take him for a second.

We already took their 2nd.

I had originally thought the Flames might make a deal for him, but that was before they picked up some guy named Kiprusoff.

I think Boston might get interested, maybe Florida, maybe Detroit.

RoDu 05-31-2004 06:46 PM

Quote:

I had originally thought the Flames might make a deal for him, but that was before they picked up some guy named Kiprusoff.

...Vancouver, Ottawa

I watched Tremblay in the Memorial Cup final, he looked mighty good in a loosing effort

Rails 05-31-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

New York (Rags), Toronto, too, maybe Colorado, and Carolina

All could use some goalie prospects.

goodrev 05-31-2004 07:54 PM

there is no way he goes to a conference rival like toronto and/or the rangers, there is too much a chance the guy will come back and burn us... he has shown he has talent.. but i could believe that he may go to either colorodo or maybe St.Louis who has apparently a big 0 in their organizational goaltending depth behind osgood and may want a good backup for him, or maybe a starter in malik so who knows? it is up in the air where this guy is gunna go, but i can guarantee that if he is demanding what he is and at 27? years old (26 or 27 i think) then he is going to have a rude awakening at how things are negotiated in american hockey

hey who knows, i am sure all the maple leafs fans would want to trade antripov (aka fallen jesus) for him staight up lol, but no one wants that bum now lord knows i dont

Toonces 05-31-2004 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
New York (Rags), Toronto, too, maybe Colorado, and Carolina.

The Rags have both Blackburn and Lundqvist on their depth charts, both of which are exelent prospects.

Hopefully they will ship him out west.

GKJ 05-31-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
I watched Tremblay in the Memorial Cup final, he looked mighty good in a loosing effort

No matter what level you are in, you aren't a bad goalie if you win, and win often. Espically in the Q where Tremblay plays, because the Q is all offense and almost no defnese.

MaV 06-01-2004 05:31 AM

Malek signed with Magnitogorsk in Russia, I think he'll just stay there for the next season now.

Flyman 06-01-2004 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaV
Malek signed with Magnitogorsk in Russia, I think he'll just stay there for the next season now.

Source??

GoneFullHextall 06-01-2004 02:25 PM

I bet Malek is the best goaltender not playing in the NHL too right? we have never heard that before :shakehead . Anyway i say give the guy a 2 way contract offer where he could play in the AHL if he doesnt impress. If he says no then trade his rights at the draft and move on. its not like the Flyers dont have enough solid goalies in their system anyway.

Rails 06-01-2004 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyman
Source??

It is on Eurohockey.net

I can't get a straight link though.

Well, maybe this will work.
HC Plzen Transfers - EuroHockey.net It is ninth from the top. Posted on May 1, 2004

If that doesn't work, go to the website, click teams, Czech Republic, HC Plzen, Transfers and it will say

Quote:

Posted 1/5/2004: Roman Malek (G) to Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Added By: Joeri Loonen, Status: Confirmed

bobbyboucher24 06-02-2004 06:07 AM

I would bet its one of those deals where if he gets an NHL job, then he can void his Russian contract. Other players have done it.

Chainsaw 06-07-2004 12:37 PM

This should not be an issue Malek should be signed and brout over and compete for a job. If not on the Flyers then Phantoms and if not there we have a little team out in Trenton he can play for. To not even see what we got just makes no sence. Its not like letting Korovkin go this guy Malek has won championships. Clarke sign him already!