HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OT: HF Vancouver - 2011 EASHL X360 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=813029)

kingfisher 08-25-2010 05:23 PM

HF Vancouver - 2011 EASHL X360

HFV continues onward into NHL 11

Leave a Post with your GAMERTAG, join the club by searching HFV or HF Vancouver. imcensored or JUMBOcanuck will allow you entry into the club once they see who you are on the forum.

We are a fairly casual squad with some very active members. We generally have games going every day. We do not require you to play all the time. We will not harrass you (maliciously ;p) if you never show up to play. Although, we prefer players with competence in the game of hockey, share the puck, engage in strategy and communicate. Dont bum everyone out on the mic, be constructive, etc. We understand there's a learning curve, but we also understand how long it generally takes to pick up on the learning curve. We like to win.

We made it through 2010 with as little drama as possible, and I think everyone we've had on the team so far are pretty reasonable human beings.

-----

HFV's NHL 11 Squad:
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/c...1/2387/members

mrmyheadhurts 08-25-2010 06:08 PM

I'll be back (ElectrikBlanket) looking forward to it.

I'll second the vote for Giants jerseys.

LickTheEnvelope 08-25-2010 06:12 PM

I'd be willing to tryout for sure.

GT: LickTheEnvelope

I was mostly a center in NHL 10, but i'll try to get going as a D/G for 11.

David Booth Fan 08-25-2010 11:23 PM

Ive already preordered and plan on joining, i got a few RL friends who will probably want to join. Kataklysm420

On that note, my xbox keeps over heating, and i need to replace the thermal paste... however, there are some stripped screws i need to take out (on the wifi hookup thing, so i can get the mother board pulled off), anyone got experience taking out stripped screws off a delicate piece of hardware like a mother board?

EDIT: I also vote for Giant Jerseys. Cant go wrong with those!

ledsam 08-26-2010 12:05 AM

I'll be playing (ledsam). I haven't played at all lately but I'll pick it back up this fall.

Inside McKenzie 08-26-2010 01:59 AM

I can create it if you like, ultrahooker only played 30 games so he shouldn't be the owner in my opinion, and I think jumbo won't get the game for a couple of days. it really doesn't matter as it has worked out fine so far with kind of a committee approach

i dont care about the jerseys, giants would be fine, might be nice to have a change, let's see what most people seem to want and go with that

JonnyCash 08-26-2010 02:27 AM

im in again, its kesler time

Giants works..

ubiquitous 08-26-2010 12:29 PM

Yeah, I'll probably play a bit again on 11, not as much as some of the regs (you guys are crazy insane ;)) but definitely pop in now and again.

EggsBenedict 08-26-2010 01:22 PM

The Moose (MOOOOOO) will most definitely be back for NHL 11. Suffice to say I'm looking forward to the pucks bouncing off my pads a bit less in this version.

Not sure about the Giants jersey though, especially if the Canucks 3rd jersey is implemented into the game. >_>

ItsAllPartOfThePlan 08-26-2010 01:26 PM

I'll be back in as well. I played on the NHL 10 for about 5 months and then faded away. My xbox tag is Whysoserious19

K35L3R 08-26-2010 03:06 PM

I'm down. X360 Lockedshot

Co Ho* 08-26-2010 03:13 PM

I'm not a huge poster on here, but I'd love to be a part of this. My GT is Yapster, do we play for fun or competitively? I'm about 35 wins over .500 (around 1,100 points).

kingfisher 08-26-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co Ho (Post 27539892)
I'm not a huge poster on here, but I'd love to be a part of this. My GT is Yapster, do we play for fun or competitively? I'm about 35 wins over .500 (around 1,100 points).

competitive fun. take losses as positives, and try to improve. we're all hockey fans here so it's hard to deny our nature, but we don't take this all too seriously.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan 08-30-2010 11:46 AM

Anybody play the demo yet? The new EAU league thing looks very interesting.

JUMBOcanuck 08-30-2010 08:59 PM

I'll be in for sure. I think JUMBOcanuck might have to grow a little bit, not so sure my 5'7 guy is going to survive many of these hits :D

and Giants jerseys sound pretty good to me.

Inside McKenzie 09-02-2010 12:39 AM

im looking forward to playing full team club games again

LickTheEnvelope 09-02-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan (Post 27583693)

Yes I have played some. EAU... looks fine. Hopefully it doesn't get old too quick.

kingfisher 09-02-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan (Post 27583693)

i enjoyed myself in the game mode. personally i found setting up the lines to be a bit of a chore! i mean the cards are cool, but line editing should be done in list format. the problem with organizing the stack of cards is that they didnt keep the same template. you cant easily see right away what position a player is , etc.

unless i'm missing something, and i imagine it's not a big deal as once you have a roster going you wont need to completely revamp too much as you do everytime you start up the demo.

kingfisher 09-02-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inside McKenzie (Post 27624614)
im looking forward to playing full team club games again

i'll echo this one. it's been a while. (for me anyways, i havent plugged the game in in over a month i think)

raygunpk 09-02-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfisher (Post 27633088)
i enjoyed myself in the game mode. personally i found setting up the lines to be a bit of a chore! i mean the cards are cool, but line editing should be done in list format. the problem with organizing the stack of cards is that they didnt keep the same template. you cant easily see right away what position a player is , etc.

unless i'm missing something, and i imagine it's not a big deal as once you have a roster going you wont need to completely revamp too much as you do everytime you start up the demo.

you can change the view of the cards by moving the right stick to the right. you can scroll between other views too like contract length, consumable slots, overall/potential etc.

Intangable 09-03-2010 11:06 PM

Long time reader here.

I'm interested in joining this team

My Xbox name is Outlaw Tr0n <-- thats a zero btw

Look forward 2 playin with u guys.

LickTheEnvelope 09-03-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfisher (Post 27633088)

Hopefully in the actual game the AI isn't so idiotic at setting the lines in the first place! Regularily i'd have a Getzlaf or a Malkin on my 4th line... and have to move him. 7th D-man (by ratings) top pair. Just awful, no reason to why the AI set the lines the way it does in the demo.

Hollywood Burrows 09-04-2010 08:20 PM

Soooooo, does anyone know any stores in Vancouver that are selling the game early?

LickTheEnvelope 09-04-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Burrows (Post 27660179)
Soooooo, does anyone know any stores in Vancouver that are seeling the game early?

No but Metrotown is doing the midnight launch with the Sedins there for autographs (that will be crazy).

Unsure where else will do midnight...

Hollywood Burrows 09-04-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope (Post 27660236)
No but Metrotown is doing the midnight launch with the Sedins there for autographs (that will be crazy).

Unsure where else will do midnight...

I don't think there are any other stores in the lower mainland doing midnight launches.

From reading a few other forums, it seems that a lot of people in Ontario and Alberta, as well as places in the states, are getting the game early. Quite a few retailers seem to be ignoring the street date.