HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   top 75 manitoba 1997`s (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=813460)

Ktyice72 08-26-2010 11:10 PM

top 75 manitoba 1997`s
 
here are my picks on some of the top 97`s from manitoba ....comments are fine ..and feel free to share your opinion

(not in order)

top 50
Dallas miller
Ethan Williams
Alec masse
Braden purtill
Ryan Gardiner
Scott petkau
Waylon petkau
Travis Blaine
Tyler Anderson
Tyler kee
Brendan reichart
Zach lamothe
derian weimer
Jordan martin
Riley bouchard
julien koga
Colin burston
Russell ackegan
mark taraschuk
Braden compton
Marshall burgess
Shane roulette
keegan kolesar
tanner kaspick
Keaton jameson
Ethan bear
Jordan stallard
Brendan squires
Jackson keane
Reid stefanson
Jeremy leipsic
Jeremy idzikowski
Alex nanton
darian penner
Garrett armour
Travis kilbrei
Kevin takatch
Dylan reinheimer
jack purvis
josh martineau
Nolan Wisniewski
Dexter kuzcek
Brady valiquette
Julian Uhryniuk
chase fincaryk
Mackenzie dwyer
Thomas lenchyshyn
gianluca esteves
brock pollard
zach court
tristan ezako
trevor weimer
tanner wishnowski
riley thomson
kruz listmayer
jacob penner
aaron boyd
stephen kleysen
quinn werbowski
joel macgillivary
colton veloso
dale goodbrandson
mackenzie cardinal
mattheiu gomercic
ryan schneider
shanan mcfadden
matt gunhouse
shane dillion
nic kowalski
tristan lemoine
brenan cochrane
colt conrad
james shearer
wade allison
liam mcleod

thats about 75 :nod:


im sure ive forgotten some good players ..feel free to let me know

or ask questionms about these boys and ill do my best to answer :)

bigguy68 08-27-2010 09:17 AM

are you kidding me ? has the season started already . your listing damm peewee players . come on and get on the reality bus buddy . it's a joke even talking about second year players , let alone kids that have not even play one game of bantam. wow

TooSerious 08-27-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigguy68 (Post 27548724)
are you kidding me ? has the season started already . your listing damm peewee players . come on and get on the reality bus buddy . it's a joke even talking about second year players , let alone kids that have not even play one game of bantam. wow

Agree, way, way too young to assess.

RetiredHockeyDad 08-27-2010 03:29 PM

I'm more interested in the 2008's. Has anyone put together a list for that group yet???:D

the22jet 08-27-2010 06:22 PM

well it just sounds like a bunch of haters on here, nothing but trying to say my kid is better then yours and if he's not on someones list of opinions its the end of the world. most of the AAA players are not there because of skill but strings there mom and pop pulled years ago. :handclap: He's just asking for you're thoughts and opinions, this site is all about opinions and thoughts, if you think any of the whl team's staff that make choice's look at this site and you feel the need to fight for your son on every list that someone comes up with get a life and let your son live his.
dont tell me you guys haven't been saying oh he's going places (if you even seen them play)this is where you guess and be a net scout. and its no joke its just talk nothing more:laugh:

Hockeyman2008 08-27-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the22jet (Post 27556881)
well it just sounds like a bunch of haters on here, nothing but trying to say my kid is better then yours and if he's not on someones list of opinions its the end of the world. most of the AAA players are not there because of skill but strings there mom and pop pulled years ago. :handclap: He's just asking for you're thoughts and opinions, this site is all about opinions and thoughts, if you think any of the whl team's staff that make choice's look at this site and you feel the need to fight for your son on every list that someone comes up with get a life and let your son live his.
dont tell me you guys haven't been saying oh he's going places (if you even seen them play)this is where you guess and be a net scout. and its no joke its just talk nothing more:laugh:

lol....

Ktyice72 08-29-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the22jet (Post 27556881)
well it just sounds like a bunch of haters on here, nothing but trying to say my kid is better then yours and if he's not on someones list of opinions its the end of the world. most of the AAA players are not there because of skill but strings there mom and pop pulled years ago. :handclap: He's just asking for you're thoughts and opinions, this site is all about opinions and thoughts, if you think any of the whl team's staff that make choice's look at this site and you feel the need to fight for your son on every list that someone comes up with get a life and let your son live his.
dont tell me you guys haven't been saying oh he's going places (if you even seen them play)this is where you guess and be a net scout. and its no joke its just talk nothing more:laugh:


exactly ..if you`re not interested then dont comment

i just want your honest but polite thoughts ..thanks






and p.s.some of these kids have been scouted and on lists by whl scouts already so i think they re old enough

and if they were second year players they sure as hell wouldnt be on here :laugh:

whockey 08-29-2010 09:50 PM

noah layte is solid d ..good footwork..focused..could be solid shut down d.

Ktyice72 08-30-2010 11:48 AM

yes i`ve herd hes a solid player ...AA all star game this year as well ...to be honest ..i forgot him :(

but he is a strong player

The Bench 08-30-2010 10:47 PM

I think the Winnipeg '97 registration list is pretty much covered here. Good work.

Ktyice72 08-31-2010 11:13 AM

:laugh: haha thanks i guess

whockey 08-31-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigguy68 (Post 27548724)
are you kidding me ? has the season started already . your listing damm peewee players . come on and get on the reality bus buddy . it's a joke even talking about second year players , let alone kids that have not even play one game of bantam. wow

J Keane is very skilled and should have the ole mans grit ...might be small but the grit and current game should move him along- looks like a college player ( Keats like )..kid out of Peguis area with the bomb is good for his advanced for his age in mos area's= Williams.
and of course Miller - keep everything in check and will play the game for a living.

Ktyice72 09-01-2010 01:35 PM

yea ive got all 3 and when people catch up to miller in size he wont be a superstar
jackson`s very solid and has a nice scoring touch with his finesse style

and williams has the best shot of going somewhere from my point of view (right now that is)

Hockeyman2008 09-01-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riels44 (Post 27614274)
when people catch up to miller in size he wont be a superstar

Are you sure about that? He is pretty good...

whockey 09-01-2010 02:03 PM

i heard about a few strong ones out of MAC hockey - anyone know much about them?

Hockey fan 35 09-01-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riels44 (Post 27577389)
exactly ..if you`re not interested then dont comment

i just want your honest but polite thoughts ..thanks






and p.s.some of these kids have been scouted and on lists by whl scouts already so i think they re old enough

and if they were second year players they sure as hell wouldnt be on here :laugh:

LMAO. WOW. Whl scouts dont care about a kids progress unless it is his DRAFT year, wake up!!!

whockey 09-01-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey fan 35 (Post 27615375)
LMAO. WOW. Whl scouts dont care about a kids progress unless it is his DRAFT year, wake up!!!

files are made on kids usually at 11-12 ..nothing major but some very basic notes on who - what - where..just for future follow up. The top dogs are easy to find at bantam...its the low-mid pack potenial impact player that are gold ( down the road )...it ain't rocket science ..but any history might help get an edge on evaluating/understanding players head/ability.

Hockeyman2008 09-01-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey fan 35 (Post 27615375)
LMAO. WOW. Whl scouts dont care about a kids progress unless it is his DRAFT year, wake up!!!

lol...ok then, so obviously YOUR kid is not cared about by the WHL at that age but I know a few that have been contacted at that age. They do look at them if they are good enough to keep an eye on for the future.

Hockey fan 35 09-01-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyman2008 (Post 27616860)
lol...ok then, so obviously YOUR kid is not cared about by the WHL at that age but I know a few that have been contacted at that age. They do look at them if they are good enough to keep an eye on for the future.

I would like to know what is in the water you guys are drinking in Manitoba, REAL WHL scouts, Not I repeat NOT the scouting news scouts do not go to Peewee aa tournaments, they are to busy looking at 2 year Bantam kids. LOL

whockey 09-01-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey fan 35 (Post 27617184)
I would like to know what is in the water you guys are drinking in Manitoba, REAL WHL scouts, Not I repeat NOT the scouting news scouts do not go to Peewee aa tournaments, they are to busy looking at 2 year Bantam kids. LOL

Clearwater Bay and sometimes Hecla ..Hecla water can be scary-
some scouts do some don"t who cares - we are just having some fun discussing some talented kids ...OBVIOUSLY its not the scouts focus ..but i guarantee you 9/10 regional scouts have seen a Nolan Patrick (98)....i had a 10A1 kid (on one of my sons team) get an info pack from NCAA Div1 school...meant nothing but an alumni had the coach send it to a talented/focused kid. they said they do it sometimes so kids know whats out there..a goal to shoot for and a direction to consider....is that ok or shoudl we get permission from the tough guy out west ???

Ktyice72 09-01-2010 07:25 PM

yea they look at kids ...Travis Blaine and Dallas miller have both been interviewed by scouts in WHL and NCAA ....and those are just 2 that i know

and hecla ..hehe:laugh:

Ktyice72 09-01-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whockey (Post 27614688)
i heard about a few strong ones out of MAC hockey - anyone know much about them?

you mean macdonald area?

Ktyice72 09-01-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyman2008 (Post 27614439)
Are you sure about that? He is pretty good...


well his attitude and work ethic seriously need work on and off ice
and he has been kicked of mustangs and pepsi due to his anger and disciplinary problems

and yea im sure hell be washed up and not that important bye his 1st year of WHL

Hockeyman2008 09-01-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riels44 (Post 27620166)
well his attitude and work ethic seriously need work on and off ice
and he has been kicked of mustangs and pepsi due to his anger and disciplinary problems

and yea im sure hell be washed up and not that important bye his 1st year of WHL

I heard he quit both teams and my soures are pretty good. He had his reasons. You should get your facts straight before posting stuff like that here. As for the WHL that is a long shot for any kid, and summer hockey is exactly what it is, bunch of parents like you judging kids you don't even know and super jealous when a kid is better than theirs. Putting AAA beside a word and calling it AAA hockey, when infact most AAA summer clubs around here only consist of 1 or 2 REAL AAA players. This Miller kid is very talented at what he does. He plays Real AAA hockey....go and ask the coaches from those 2 teams if Dallas Miller quit...I can garentee you they will say no.....anybody who would kick a kid with that kind of talent off of ANY team really has issues...lol just defending a good player who deserves defending....

Ghost of the Rocket 09-01-2010 10:18 PM

You guys are whacked! Unless the 12 year old kid is on Headline Sports and scoring 300 goals in 82 games (check Gretzky's 12 yr old stats), no one cares. Draft scouting begins after Christmas for Bantam 2. And it is not as exhaustive at Bantam 1 as you would think. Been there, done it twice.

Stats, size, and speed. In that order. Not skill or brains after round 3.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.