HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Best Flyers Trade of 2003-2004 Season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=81352)

MorganFlyer9 05-31-2004 09:46 PM

Best Flyers Trade of 2003-2004 Season

What was the best tade of this past season?

(write in and comment for others)

Gags1288 05-31-2004 09:49 PM

It's pretty tough, but value wise, I'd probably say the best trade was the one for Malakhov. They gave up little and got a very important piece to their team. Markov's possibly the best player they acquired and Zhamnov's real good too, but the flyers had to give up a lot of value to get these players.

FlyHigh 05-31-2004 09:49 PM

I'll lean towards the Zhamnov because without him, I don't know if we get past the first 2 rounds, he was an absolute offensive force.

FlyersHomer DM03 05-31-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I'll lean towards the Zhamnov because without him, I don't know if we get past the first 2 rounds, he was an absolute offensive force.

zhamnov,

say what you will about the late round fizzle, but he led us in the devils series, and...I dont think we win the division without him, some big goals, and a big point streak after we got him from chicago

GKJ 05-31-2004 10:18 PM

Markov because we know he will be here next year, if not he leaves in a trade (won't happen).

Zhamnov was a great trade, but if he leaves via UFA, it's a bad trade. If Zhamnov wasn't a rent-a-player, it's always a bad trade if you don't win.

Toonces 06-01-2004 12:22 AM

The Therien trade! :banana:

Flyman 06-01-2004 03:30 AM

I said Markov cuz he was dominant at the blue line night in and night out...

Rails 06-01-2004 09:33 AM

I said Markov. But getting a third for Therien is incredible.

Cuiff 06-01-2004 09:41 AM

I was going to vote Justin Williams for Danny Markov (I loved that deal) but getting rid of Chris Therien was by far the best thing BC has ever done. The only thing Bobby could have done better is if he built a time machine, went back to 1999 and convinced the 1999 Bob Clarke to trade Therien when he was worth a little more. :D In doing this, Bobby could have saved us Flyer Fan the past 5 or 6 years of hell that we been going through when watching him play. Oh well, since Clarke isn't in the time machine building business.......................

ObeySteve 06-01-2004 12:10 PM

Obviously, the Comrie trade was the worst by far.

I think the Therien trade may go on to be the best trade, but the Zhamnov trade is the best for now if we actually re-sign him.

Overall, these trades are looking pretty embarassing.

Dykhuis26 06-01-2004 12:22 PM

How about Timmander for a 7th? We got a guy who gave us good solid minutes in the playoffs for nothing.

kherninko 06-01-2004 12:26 PM

As much as I like Markov and would place it a close second, you must admit that Zhamnov saved the season while JR and Prims were injured. He may not have had a lot left against TB, but the guy impressed me and I think kept us alive.

GoneFullHextall 06-01-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dykhuis26
How about Timmander for a 7th? We got a guy who gave us good solid minutes in the playoffs for nothing.

ya know people say that and its known he could have been had for nothing earlier in the season when he was put on waivers by the Isles when they sent him to Bridgeport.
a 7th valuewise is not much esp. in this draft but to say it was the best deal? i disagree.

GoaLiE12 06-01-2004 07:36 PM

markov led the league in +/- throughout the first 3 rounds of the playoffs, not sure if he still does now 4 games into the cup finals...nonetheless zhamnov did lead us past the devils, it's gotta be 1 of those trades.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 06-05-2004 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObeySteve
Obviously, the Comrie trade was the worst by far.

I think the Therien trade may go on to be the best trade, but the Zhamnov trade is the best for now if we actually re-sign him.

Definately wish we'd have left Comrie in Edmonton but without these trades we don't beat the Leafs....the only thing worse than losing youth is losing to Toronto. :mad:

blah 06-05-2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObeySteve

I love the negative vibes you never fail to bring.