Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto
Just got back from the HHOF, and it was a great place to visit. If you have a chance to go, do so as it is an amazing shrine for our sport.
Try to get there as soon as you can because the IOC has temporarily loaned the HHOF its complete set of olympic medals from 1896 forward. There is a set of medals for each olympics, including the summer and winter games, up through 2010.
- the puck Crosby shot past Ryan Miller to win the Gold this past February is on a post, you can touch it, and take photos next to it.
- not even a Canadienes fan, but they have a locker room loaded with equipment and jerseys used by all of their greats, which you can touch.
- the Dynasty room was also quite cool, with my beloved Isles prominently displayed of course ;)
BTW, the first display you see after gaining entry is a picture of my man Johnny Tavares - who also happened to throw out the first ball to the Yankee-Blue Jay game on Monday night :handclap:
- the displays for Lemieux and Gretzky were well done and tasteful, including the net for Gretzky's record-breaking goal
- the history of the game was well presented, as was the displays for foreign players and great foreign teams through the decades.
All in all, a great reason to visit Toronto, highly recommended.
Did you see the Bobby Hull display?
How about that banana curve... Is that nuts or what?
One of the things that amazed me was how much the equipment has changed over the years, no more heavy wool sweaters - now we're playing in lightweight, breathable jerseys that are so much more comfortable, for instance.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.