HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Speculation: Three Players That May Have A Future Coaching w/article (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=813705)

ilovetheflyers8 08-27-2010 04:39 PM

Three Players That May Have A Future Coaching w/article
 
Meltzer wrote an article mentioning three players he thought would or could become coaches in the future. He chose Knuble, Craig Adams, and Sean O'Donnell. What other players do you think might make good coaches some day?

edit: And what do you think of his choices?

http://www.versus.com/blogs/the-dail...-bench-bosses/

jd2210 08-27-2010 04:48 PM

Brendan Morrow

jb** 08-27-2010 04:49 PM

Riley cote

JCameron418 08-27-2010 05:00 PM

Jason Smith

GKJ 08-27-2010 05:43 PM

O'Donnell is essentially a coach right now.


Pronger could for sure be a coach, just with some of the mind games and demeanor. In fact, when he was with the Ducks, he ran the defense for one game as an assistant coach.

Terence Peterman 08-27-2010 05:44 PM

Pronger, though I'm sure some will disagree simply because of his questionable mean streak.

Recchi.

Beef Invictus 08-27-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonny (Post 27556325)
Pronger, though I'm sure some will disagree simply because of his questionable mean streak.

Recchi.

his mean streak has nothing on tortarella, haha.

MiamiScreamingEagles 08-27-2010 05:48 PM

Mark Recchi was my first thought.

FlyersCup08 08-28-2010 01:02 AM

I'd love to see Keith Primeau behind the bench.

I could also see Drury becoming a coach.

DenverBoone 08-28-2010 10:26 AM

Sean Avery

mirimon 08-28-2010 12:06 PM

I think Marty Reasoner will become a coach after his playing career. Just a hunch.

JLHockeyKnight 08-28-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersCup08 (Post 27561026)
I'd love to see Keith Primeau behind the bench.

I could also see Drury becoming a coach.

"He is currently the Special Assistant to the General Manager and Director of Player Development of the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL and the owner of a franchise of Bain's Deli in Philadelphia, PA."

From Wikipedia.

I'd LOVE to see SuPrimeau replace Holmgren.

lancer247 08-28-2010 01:09 PM

Lappy.
Handles the press well and has been a leader by example.

Pwood 08-28-2010 03:13 PM

I'll go with Jeremy Roenick.

JLHockeyKnight 08-28-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwood (Post 27565672)
I'll go with Jeremy Roenick.

Seconded.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blac...al/roenick.jpg

dbr2 08-28-2010 11:18 PM

I think Desjardins already started? But he comes to mind.

EDIT: I don't think he coaches. He has his own business.

Sawdalite 08-28-2010 11:23 PM

Strongly agree with his Knuble choice.

Also strongly agree with those who said Keith Primeau... and could see Pronger as one.

Add Derian Hatcher to the list... I believe he is already a player development coach with the Flyers, IIRC, so that may not actually count here haha . I do think though that he will be a bench coach in the future and maybe a head coach.

Pwood 08-28-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 27569613)

I still like him, even though he had that massive breakdown for the Blackhawks after they won.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_ec8PNGt7N0/0.jpg

DUHockey9 08-31-2010 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 27564359)
"He is currently the Special Assistant to the General Manager and Director of Player Development of the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL and the owner of a franchise of Bain's Deli in Philadelphia, PA."

From Wikipedia.

I'd LOVE to see SuPrimeau replace Holmgren.

I was just going to say this.

A good friend of mine played at U-Mass Lowell and signed with the Wranglers after his college season ended this Spring. He hopped on for the end of the Wranglers season and playoffs. I talked to my buddy to ask if he was going to sign anywhere and he's like "yea, Keith Primeau called me this morning. I'm going to sign with Las Vegas" haha.

Kambo 08-31-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwood (Post 27570051)
I still like him, even though he had that massive breakdown for the Blackhawks after they won.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/_ec8PNGt7N0/0.jpg

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/x...ble/6rmupx.jpg

JLHockeyKnight 08-31-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUHockey9 (Post 27595061)
I was just going to say this.

A good friend of mine played at U-Mass Lowell and signed with the Wranglers after his college season ended this Spring. He hopped on for the end of the Wranglers season and playoffs. I talked to my buddy to ask if he was going to sign anywhere and he's like "yea, Keith Primeau called me this morning. I'm going to sign with Las Vegas" haha.

Jealous. He's my favorite player of all time, and the reason I usually brand #25. A few years ago I went to the Wives Carnival and he was supposed to be on the "alumni" line for autographs. I got excited, then when he wasn't there, heard he got really sick and couldn't make it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.