HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumor: Eklund: Sharks-Candadiens Price for forward (+3rd team with D) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=814031)

LadyStanley 08-28-2010 08:36 PM

Eklund: Sharks-Candadiens Price for forward (+3rd team with D)

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-Price/1/29942

OK, so why would Montreal want to trade Price?

Sharks trade, say Seto and a 1st, for D man (that Montreal would get for trading Price).

And who has an extra D that would be involved.

:shakehead

USF Shark 08-28-2010 08:38 PM

Maybe it's that Montreal and another team have been discussing Price for certain players, but this third team doesn't have exactly what Montreal wants for Price, so the Sharks have gotten involved and we are trading for a defenseman from that third team?

That seems to be the only way for this to make any sense that we'd be involved with a deal involving Price

Tealblood 08-28-2010 08:40 PM

I'll be disappointed if DW thinks since he can't land a dman he should go for another goalie...

edit: nevermind I didn't see the last part about the dmen.

JPavs8Clutchy* 08-28-2010 08:41 PM

It would make a whole lot of sense if we did something like this:

To MTL:
Clowe

To PHI:
Price

To SJ:
Carle/Coburn

Obviously things would have to be added to it, but when you think about it, it does make sense.

Smok3d 08-28-2010 08:52 PM

I think this is a bad idea, go for the defenseman, not Price... He folds HARD.

Rickety Cricket 08-28-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 27568508)

Sharks trade, say Seto and a 1st, for Price? Has to be one of the Sharks goalies involved as well (otherwise, why would the Sharks want to add an EIGHTH goalie).

LS, you're better than that. Way better. You know better than to try applying logic and plausibility to Eklund posts.

CommanderShepard15 08-28-2010 08:56 PM

To my understanding it was Price to another team for their #1 and a dman, who would then be flipped to San jose for a forward with size

gonegonegone* 08-28-2010 09:07 PM

As others have said, a 3 way trade could make sense for us. But this makes zero sense for Mtl. Exactly why would they trade BOTH their promising RFA goalies away in the same off season?

Dolemite 08-28-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 27568508)

Sharks trade, say Seto and a 1st, for Price? Has to be one of the Sharks goalies involved as well (otherwise, why would the Sharks want to add an EIGHTH goalie).

Let's not forget his Paul Kariya to Anaheim gem of a rumor too.

magic school bus 08-28-2010 09:18 PM

are we really discussing a 3-way trade AND offer sheeting Staal...

Nighthock 08-28-2010 09:19 PM

If this happens, I'm concerned Stalock is involved ... this seems way too far fetched though.

The Nemesis 08-28-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthock (Post 27568851)
If this happens, I'm concerned Stalock is involved ... this seems way too far fetched though.

I doubt it. Seems more like it would be (for example, and not taking value into account)

To MTL:
forward (Clowe?) from SJ

to team X:
Price from Montreal

To SJ:
d-man from team X

I like Karri Ramo a lot, but it would seem an awful lot like the Habs are putting all their faith in him with this trade.

JonathanK81 08-28-2010 09:24 PM

No offense, but I don't understand why people don't read the original blog properly first. San Jose is NOT involved with regards to Price or any other goalie for that matter. The rumor is that Montreal will receive a defenseman from a third team, and then flip that d-man to SJ for who I assume is Clowe. The goalie swap will be Montreal and the third team only.

I know people dislike Eklund, but it drives me insane when people comment without reading everything first.

Markus 08-28-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan360 (Post 27568899)
No offense, but I don't understand why people don't read the original blog properly first.

No one reads on the internet. Personally, I don't see how Price would be useful to us as I'd rather get a defenseman...

fasterthanlight 08-28-2010 09:38 PM

I wonder what kind of source eklund has that is, apparently, "OUTSTANDING."

Maybe someone who actually works with the teams? A hot-dog vendor perhaps?

sjshrky27 08-28-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolemite (Post 27568768)
Let's not forget his Paul Kariya to Anaheim gem of a rumor too.

Or the hundreds of others that NEVER materialize...

Kitten Mittons 08-28-2010 09:59 PM

Out of all people, LS was the one to create this thread! Did you ban your no-wine rule? :naughty:

VP and GM 08-28-2010 10:19 PM

This makes no since. The Habs give up their starting goalie... we don't need a goalie. We need a top 4 shutdown. This is just crazey ****.

This is just a rumor. DW talks to *all* GMs about every player available we as know so i'm sure he's talked to the Habs at some point.

The Nemesis 08-28-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VP and GM (Post 27569282)
This makes no since. The Habs give up their starting goalie... we don't need a goalie. We need a top 4 shutdown. This is just crazey ****.

This is just a rumor. DW talks to *all* GMs about every player available we as know so i'm sure he's talked to the Habs at some point.

you're not reading the thread. The idea is a 3-way deal in which some mystery third team gets Price and gives SJ a d-man, while the Sharks give whatever to Montreal.

LadyStanley 08-28-2010 11:06 PM

Still, I cannot see Montreal interested in trading Price unless they're getting back at least a decent goalie.

(Perhaps the Sharks are trading Greiss in the deal? Let Stalock back up Niittymaki? Then Heemskerk wouldn't have to return to WHL as overager?)

Or perhaps Montreal will sign Niemi?

Still a lot of "doesn't make sense" from my POV -- for the Sharks.

Vaasa 08-28-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 27569331)
you're not reading the thread. The idea is a 3-way deal in which some mystery third team gets Price and gives SJ a d-man, while the Sharks give whatever to Montreal.

And even you're missing part of it. The Eklund post is this:

Monteal sends Price to Team X

Team X sends Montreal their starting goalie AND a defenseman

Montreal then flips that defenseman to the Sharks for a forward "with size"

So as you said, San Jose has no involvement in Price. San Jose is supposedly flipping a forward for a defenseman.

Philly doesn't make sense, as they don't have the starting goalie. But a team like Florida (Vokoun) or Tampa (Smith) does make more sense.

Vaasa 08-28-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 27569603)
Still, I cannot see Montreal interested in trading Price unless they're getting back at least a decent goalie.

(Perhaps the Sharks are trading Greiss in the deal? Let Stalock back up Niittymaki? Then Heemskerk wouldn't have to return to WHL as overager?)

Or perhaps Montreal will sign Niemi?

Still a lot of "doesn't make sense" from my POV -- for the Sharks.

Eklund is saying that Montreal is getting the starting goalie from the other team, in addition to the defenseman. So they are getting a starter. The Sharks are not sending our or receiving a goalie under his scenario.

To actually quote Eklund:

Quote:

"The trade would involve another #1 going back to Montreal, and a defenseman who would be flipped to San Jose for a quality forward with size."

Gilligans Island 08-28-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaasa (Post 27569626)
And even you're missing part of it. The Eklund post is this:

Monteal sends Price to Team X

Team X sends Montreal their starting goalie AND a defenseman

Montreal then flips that defenseman to the Sharks for a forward "with size"

So as you said, San Jose has no involvement in Price. San Jose is supposedly flipping a forward for a defenseman.

Philly doesn't make sense, as they don't have the starting goalie. But a team like Florida (Vokoun) or Tampa (Smith) does make more sense.

Panthers don't make sense to me and I don't think the Habs could take on Vokoun and Clowe's cap hits. I don't see anyone on the Bolts that makes sense for the Sharks. Flyers are the only ones that make sense (coburn, hopefully). Maybe the Habs sign Niemi.

hockeyball 08-28-2010 11:23 PM

Eklund. Why are we discussing this?

Vaasa 08-28-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligans Island (Post 27569710)
Panthers don't make sense to me and I don't think the Habs could take on Vokoun and Clowe's cap hits. I don't see anyone on the Bolts that makes sense for the Sharks. Flyers are the only ones that make sense (coburn, hopefully). Maybe the Habs sign Niemi.

San Jose's part may not be about current roster players. Don't assume that. It could be a defensive prospect for a forward prospect. Say a near-NHL ready d-man like Wishart (now that there is a new regime in TB) in return for someone like McCarthy.

Montreal doesn't really have an open spot at forward right now, but adding a prospect does make sense from their perspective.