HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Training Camp 2010 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=814137)

Mogo 08-29-2010 01:27 PM

Training Camp 2010

Panthers Training Camp 2010 presented by the Eagles runs from Sept. 11 (rookie camp begins) until Oct. 10 (Cats first regular season game) and is highlighted by rookie games against Nashville on Sept. 15 and 16, Hockey Day In South Florida and the Blue-White Scrimmage on Sept. 19, and two home preseason games on Sept. 29 vs. Carolina and Oct. 1 vs. Tampa Bay. 

billysbreakdown 08-29-2010 01:31 PM

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535872

Quote:

Panthers Training Camp 2010 presented by the Eagles runs from Sept. 11 (rookie camp begins) until Oct. 10 (Cats first regular season game) and is highlighted by rookie games against Nashville on Sept. 15 and 16, Hockey Day In South Florida and the Blue-White Scrimmage on Sept. 19, and two home preseason games on Sept. 29 vs. Carolina and Oct. 1 vs. Tampa Bay. 

And I think the big boys start at Sept. 17.

Mogo 08-29-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarFLA (Post 27573322)
http://panthers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=535872

And I think the big boys start at Sept. 17.

Thanks

FL Hockey 09-03-2010 03:45 PM

Will Markstrom be playing in both games or how does that work?

FL Hockey 09-04-2010 11:09 PM

Anyone? I'm trying to decide what day to go so I can get off at work.

Holy Jokinen 09-04-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL Hockey (Post 27661635)
Anyone? I'm trying to decide what day to go so I can get off at work.

I'd imagine he would start one of the games. But i could see no goalie playing one full game, as often happens in preseason match ups.

Holy Jokinen 09-10-2010 02:22 PM

So, i was looking, and on the panthers website, it says the rookie camp begins on the 12th. But i've also heard the 11th. Anyone know if i should be at Incredible Ice tomorrow since i'm down for the weekend?

Markstrom Rules 09-10-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen (Post 27724743)
So, i was looking, and on the panthers website, it says the rookie camp begins on the 12th. But i've also heard the 11th. Anyone know if i should be at Incredible Ice tomorrow since i'm down for the weekend?

Where did you hear the 11th? GR and the Panthers website are saying the 12th, so that's what I'd go with.

chris11inter 09-10-2010 02:48 PM

Any chance Gubranson (sorry about spelling- im to lazy to check correct spelling) makes the squad this year?

FinlandPanther 09-10-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris11inter (Post 27725136)
Any chance Gubranson (sorry about spelling- im to lazy to check correct spelling) makes the squad this year?

doubt it. juniors are best for him to tear it up.

Gudbranson44 09-10-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris11inter (Post 27725136)

we dont need to rush him... i think another year will do him good especially with his offensive abilities. plus he will be veeery valuable for canada in the next world juniors. plus, getting the chance to play with his brother must be quite good for him too. hopefully we draft him too someday, i heard words that he wants to be a new scott stevens...

Holy Jokinen 09-10-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 27724910)
Where did you hear the 11th? GR and the Panthers website are saying the 12th, so that's what I'd go with.

OP said it.

But yeah, i was also thinking it might make sense to do it on a saturday than a sunday, but figured i'd just make sure.

Boooooth10 09-10-2010 04:00 PM

Saturday is just medical and fitness testing. I don't know if that will be open to the public or not.

jol 09-10-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisournextbure (Post 27725284)
we dont need to rush him... i think another year will do him good especially with his offensive abilities. plus he will be veeery valuable for canada in the next world juniors. plus, getting the chance to play with his brother must be quite good for him too. hopefully we draft him too someday, i heard words that he wants to be a new scott stevens...

No need to rush him, but he shouldn't have any problems to be part of Panthers defense.

JOL

Mogo 09-11-2010 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoisournextbure (Post 27725284)

Yes, hopefully we have learned our lesson and won't rush our prospects anymore

Kritty 09-11-2010 08:07 AM

Does anyone have any info on Alain Berger? I saw he is attending camp and has some real nice size and looks to have some finish.

Holy Jokinen 09-12-2010 07:08 AM

Going to the rookie camp today. Will post pics and comments later on...

billysbreakdown 09-12-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

hfialkov
Pantherss rooks almost done with first practice. Markstrom looks great in nets and timmins is a scorer! Gudbranson seems winded.
4 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter
What?? That means he looks bad?

Panteras 09-12-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen (Post 27742857)
Going to the rookie camp today. Will post pics and comments later on...

:handclap: can't wait man

Pukboy5kroner 09-12-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarFLA (Post 27743344)
What?? That means he looks bad?

Probably just means he seems tired, seems like he's having trouble keeping up with the game, a conditioning issue.

Boooooth10 09-12-2010 10:02 AM

Just got back! I don't know what that guy is saying about Guds.. he looked good to me. I got his and Markstroms autograph. Ill post some pics later on.

Boooooth10 09-12-2010 11:19 AM

Alright here are some pics

http://i55.tinypic.com/35at92a.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/1495c74.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/2j0m97r.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/6f3x3t.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/drfrq0.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2l97ime.jpg

I was very surprised how good Markstroms English was. The kid is ready for NA hockey. :yo:

Holy Jokinen 09-12-2010 11:24 AM

Alright, just got back from the rookie camp. Let's just say, it ruled. Unfortunately, i didn't have access to the roster for a while, so i couldn't tell who was who other than the major guys (Markstrom, Guds, Petrovic and Macfarland).

I couldn't take my eyes off Markstrom. The kid is insane. His elbows are above the crossbar when he's in the net standing up. It was just a delight to watch him work. I told how excited everyone is for him to get to the NHL and he said "Yeah me too, definitely" and then he got this smile on his face and you could tell he couldn't wipe it off.

Guds looked good. I got to watch him a lot since i was on the side of the ice where they did a bunch of D drills. Honestly, he didn't impress me a TON but he didn't look winded or anything. But when he signed my hat he was the least talkative, which surprised me. Everyone, literally everyone else (except dadonov) at least said hey if not had a small convo with me. Guds didn't take the bait when i asked how he was or whatever. So take that for what it's worth. Oh, and also, Guds has the whole Patrick Kane mouthpiece thing going on.

I thought A.J Jenks was impressive. Kid has a good shot, good speed, etc..

Robak has a booming shot, was really a sight to see.

I couldn't tell which the other goalies was Foster or Cheverie cause they didn't have numbers, but one of them (i assume Cheverie) had really great rebound control. There was a drill where a bunch of shots from the point were coming in and he turned them all nicely to he corner or into the netting.

MacFarland looked pretty good. He looked smaller than i expected, but he was skating hard and had a few moments where Hulton would talk with him in the middle of the drill. He seemed to work hard, which is good to see. Also, i remember someone commenting that MacFarland had a bad personality, or had been a dick in the past, but i just wanna say that he was one of the nicest guys when they all came to sign autographs and whatnot. Again, take it for what it's worth.

That's really all the notables i have right now. Some of the guys had numbers that didn't correspond with the roster sheet, so that was unfortunate. But yeah, i'm psyched for Markstrom for sure. Also pretty pumped i got everyone's autograph and had conversations with just about everyone.

One of the guys, i think it was Chris Clackson, asked where i was from, so thinking this was some canadian who doesn't know anything about florida i just said "from around here." He responded, "Oh Coral Springs?" So i clarified that i was from Boca and he said that he was from West Palm Beach. So that was cool.

So, i'm adding the pics to my comp now, and once i get them on there and clean them up, i'll post them or a link or something.

Great8Cam 09-12-2010 11:32 AM

Based upon today Guds will go back to Juniors. But, it's the first day so obviously he can change all of that. He didn't look as strong and dominating as I had thought he would be. He didn't stand out in the drills. There were times when he looked tired when others didn't.

McFarland looked very good and then he seemed to be gassed. Skills looked really good and he had a wicked shot on Marky. Conditioning might be a question. He was completely bent over when others were not.

Howden looked good at times but if today was cut day he would be gone.

Petrovic did not stand out at all either way.

You could see the difference with Dadanov over everyone. His awareness is far above the others (as it should be).

Marky gets really annoyed at letting in goals. This is funny because it rarely happened and even then it was in 2 on 0 drills.

Cheverie looked good and he will definitely compete for the Amerks back up spot. At first he seemed a little lost due the speed of the skating and shots coming at him.

Guds got hammered into the glass a couple times in the 2 on 2 drills. That seemed to wake him up a bit and he started going harder.

Berger was in the top half and he could go to Rochester.

Jenks Comrie and Robak were all noticeable from the others as well.

There are alot of guys out there so it's hard to say exactly who is doing what unless they really stand out. hopefully by what I've written you can see who does.

Overall nobody was head and shoulders above the others on a consistent basis. At least not enough to say "he's making the team." (Marky excluded)

Markstrom Rules 09-12-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 27743981)

Thanks for all the pics. What is that second to last photo? Is that Gud, and is he hurt or winded or signing an autograph? lol. I can't tell.