HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What will happen with Maxwell? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=816011)

Aurel Joliat 09-04-2010 09:29 AM

What will happen with Maxwell?

Almost everybody made their line-up for this year and it seems like Ben Maxwell is not in our plan.

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Moen - Eller - Lapierre
Pyatt - Boyd - White
+ Darche + Pacioretty + Maxwell

And we have a lot more depth in D with Carle, Weber, Picard... Perhaps we will keep 8 D, 13 forwards ans 2 G in our 23 players list.

Do you think Maxwell have a future in Montreal ?

la25ecoupe 09-04-2010 09:32 AM

cam gom gio
ell ple kos
pou boy lap
moe whi pya

AntonCH 09-04-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat (Post 27653789)
Almost everybody made their line-up for this year and it seems like Ben Maxwell is not in our plan.

Pouliot - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Moen - Eller - Lapierre
Pyatt - Boyd - White
+ Darche + Pacioretty + Maxwell

And we have a lot more depth in D with Carle, Weber, Picard... Perhaps we will keep 8 D, 13 forwards ans 2 G in our 23 players list.

LoL
Line-ups were made by fans and guys on this board
Let's see what the coaching staff comes up with
For all we know he surprises and someone disappoints
If not, it may be the way of Corey Locke for him

Aurel Joliat 09-04-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntonCH (Post 27653815)
LoL
Line-ups were made by fans and guys on this board
Let's see what the coaching staff comes up with
For all we know he surprises and someone disappoints
If not, it may be the way of Corey Locke for him

I know it's make by fans but it's only a way to show that he is very not sure to have a place into the line-up

Next Best Thing* 09-04-2010 09:37 AM

Kind of a make or break year for him, there's no way he doesn't get his chance at some point during the year, but it will probably be on the wing.

le_sean 09-04-2010 09:37 AM

Maybe if he gained weight and showed some redeeming qualities for once he will get a second look. Until then he will always be overshadowed by other young players.

JackZap 09-04-2010 09:38 AM

gone baby gone

JGRB 09-04-2010 09:40 AM

He will quit hockey to focus on the family's coffee operations, Maxwell House.

Le Tricolore 09-04-2010 10:02 AM

He'll fade into nothingness.

bipolarhabfan 09-04-2010 10:04 AM

I feel that this is the year he has to show significant improvments or else he is gone.

I have not been impressed with Maxwell at all in his call ups. He has shown very little and needs to gain some more muscle to be an effective player. Otherwise, he will be a career ANHler.

the vinyl version 09-04-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection (Post 27653861)

It'd be funnier if you said Folgers.

Stjonnypopo 09-04-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the vinyl version (Post 27654061)
It'd be funnier if you said Folgers.

I lol'd

I think Maxwell's near the top of the list for players who get a chance when someone gets injured.

Maximus Taylor 09-04-2010 10:17 AM

think the guy is done.

RoyBoyCoy 09-04-2010 10:23 AM

He'll probably get a decent shot this year at one point whether from injuries or a trade or something, but if he doesn't show some positive signs it doesn't look good for him. I think he'll probably end up being a really good AHLer, because from what we've seen he doesn't bring anything to the table at the NHL level.

otto bond 09-04-2010 10:38 AM

Maxwell need to make an impact directly out of camp and never take a break in order to stick with this team. Fourth line is not really where he should be but at the same time, where at? Could he be move to the wing? JM needs to find him a role and Ben needs to accept it.

Joey 09-04-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Best Thing (Post 27653842)
Kind of a make or break year for him, there's no way he doesn't get his chance at some point during the year, but it will probably be on the wing.

IMO it's a make or break camp

Look at how many people are fighting for 3 spots: Pyatt, White, Maxwell, Darche, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Boyd

And you have got to believe that Pyatt and Boyd make the team.

So basically that is 5 players fighting for 1 spot on forward, and my money is on Darche/Pacioretty/White getting much more consideration than Maxwell unless Benny Boy has a monster camp. Even Desharnais is a total wild card

IMO Maxwell goes the way of D'Agostini early this year...maybe not with such a nice return, but....his future in MTL is riding on a very thin lineage of time to impress the coaching staff thoroughly

THE HOFF 09-04-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat (Post 27653789)

as a bartender, yes.

JayBee* 09-04-2010 12:46 PM

Thing is, I've seen flashes of something from other players that didn't even pan out here...I haven't seen anything from Maxwell. Nothing at all. Other guys lower down on the depth chart come up and play better.

Wongchenyuk27 09-04-2010 12:51 PM

With the Halak trade, Maxwell doesn't have any chance with the club right now. Eller is a major upgrade to Maxwell. Maxwell will probably be trade for a low pick (Chipchura, Kostitsyn style of trade) or for another prospect (like D'Agostini trade).

LyricalLyricist 09-04-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Best Thing (Post 27653842)

I agree with this. I think he has a year left to improve. If they see something, even a legit sign of dominance, even at the AHL level, they will keep him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection (Post 27653861)

lol...nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan (Post 27654008)
I feel that this is the year he has to show significant improvments or else he is gone.

I have not been impressed with Maxwell at all in his call ups. He has shown very little and needs to gain some more muscle to be an effective player. Otherwise, he will be a career ANHler.

He's gotta get his nose dirty. He doesn't play with enough confidence. I hope he has a good camp.

RE-HABS 09-04-2010 02:34 PM

I hope he can pan out to be that two way 2nd line centre eventually. But something tells me we may have another Duncan Milroy.

Corey 09-04-2010 02:35 PM

Will someone remind me of Maxwell's assets? Are they adequate for playing as a regular in the NHL? I haven't seen them yet.

habsprospects 09-04-2010 02:38 PM

I don't think they will hurry his departure this year because they can send him to Hamilton but next year if he doesn't make the team, he will probably get traded like Chipchura and D'Agostini.

Whitesnake 09-04-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 27656732)
Will someone remind me of Maxwell's assets? Are they adequate for playing as a regular in the NHL? I haven't seen them yet.

Great vision, nice passing skills, precise wrister. Just an overall player with a nice skillset.....that prooves that it takes WAY more than that to become a NHL player.

At this point, I beginning to hope a D'Agostini-Palushaj type of trade.

Miller Time 09-04-2010 02:44 PM

I think this is a make it or break it season for him in Montreal...
That said, as much as I'm equally guilty of it, ithink that there is way too much certainty around here that pyatt/Boyd/eller are locks to make the team.

Outside of lapierre and moen, I bet all the bottom six spots will be open competition ( arguably pouliot/kost could get beaten out of the top 6, but I thinks that's unlikely).

Maxwell, desharnais, white, Schulz, maxpac... I bet all of these guys will get a decent shot at earning a spot.

Back to Maxwell, if he doesn't make a name for himself with the big club this year, I think the club will be dropping him even further down the depth chart.