HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Rumor: Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=816506)

Telos 09-06-2010 03:16 AM

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VII

Continue on...

DIEHARD the King fan 09-06-2010 07:08 AM

Nobody would like to see Sully back more than me -- I'd get extra mileage out of the jersey I bought three weeks before he was traded, but I dont think it happens.

Hope he lands on his skates somewhere in North America

Muzzinga 09-06-2010 09:46 AM

Giving up schenn+Moller+1st+good D Prospect for Spezza gives us a Kopi-Spezza-Stoll three piece for the foreseeable future. That is sooo damn good, 2 top centres in the game and 1 of the best 3rd line centres. That centre lineup + the defence instantly makes the kings contenders irrelevant of who is on the wings.

Do it Dean

Orenji 09-06-2010 10:15 AM

I would do it, but I don't know if Dean would. I'm sure he's getting pressured to land a big player with the Kovalchuk debacle out of the way, but I don't think he would trade away Schenn.

But with Spezza/Kopitar, it would be a great situation.

DeeMeck 09-06-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 27674289)
Giving up schenn+Moller+1st+good D Prospect for Spezza gives us a Kopi-Spezza-Stoll three piece for the foreseeable future. That is sooo damn good, 2 top centres in the game and 1 of the best 3rd line centres. That centre lineup + the defence instantly makes the kings contenders irrelevant of who is on the wings.

Do it Dean

You highly overrate Spezza IMO.

Capn Brown 09-06-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 27673901)
Nobody would like to see Sully back more than me -- I'd get extra mileage out of the jersey I bought three weeks before he was traded, but I dont think it happens.

Hope he lands on his skates somewhere in North America

Wait a minute..... is O'Sullivan coming back to the Kings?

CTKingsFan 09-06-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 27674640)

I agree....

Capn Brown 09-06-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 27674289)

Do it Dean

OK, I'm trying to be a voice of reason here. IMHO, no way Ottawa gives us Spezza without Brown going the other way.

RAZZIE King 09-06-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 27674912)
Wait a minute..... is O'Sullivan coming back to the Kings?

I can see him coming in as an invite to camp...just to see how he's progressed... IF he impresses enough...why not give him a second run...

Telos 09-06-2010 12:53 PM

I would be open to the trade, but I would be very cautious about it. Only Moller and Toffoli are legitimate top 6 potential wingers for the club, outside of maybe Parse vying for the 2nd line left wing position this year and Moller is entering his Brian Boyle put up or shut up period and Toffoli needs more time in juniors/minors to develop.

Spezza is a great playmaker, but we lack wingers. He is essentially an older version of what Kopitar is now. I would be more open to acquiring young, top-flight wingers right now and develop the center position internally than acquiring a center and then begging for wingers. Stoll isn't great, but he is a decent stop-gap for what we hope Schenn to be.

Muzzinga 09-06-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 27674640)

ugh, do i really? I havn't watched much/any Ottawa games for at least 1 season, but i obviously remember the dominant Heatley-Spezza-Alfie line. Im guessing based on your response that Spezza has dropped off since then?

BigKing 09-06-2010 01:06 PM

I was at Game 2 of the 2007 SCF and I almost yelled myself hoarse due to Spezza's invisible man trick. He was terrible.

You look at his playoff stats and they look good; however, he look defeated by the Ducks shutdown line and it was only Game 2. It wasn't that he was kept in check which was such a bummer, it was that he looked like he was resigned to the fact that he wasn't going to score.

He's a great player, for sure, but man that was frustrating to watch. I always think about that game when Spezza rumors pop up.

I'd rather try to pry Richards out from Dallas and their financial situation. He only has one year left so the price shouldn't be as high, i.e Schenn. I know Dallas is in the division, but they were also in the division when Deano shipped out this team's long-time captain at the trade deadline. If Dallas has financial issues and is in a rebuild mode, than moving a big contract like Richards for financial relief + prospects/picks could be viable.

Toss them a 2011 1st + Moller + Drewiske. Take away Richards' $7.8M salary + cap hit from Dallas and they can move forward with signing Neal. Looking at their roster, Moller probably slots in to their Top 6 along with other youngsters in Benn,Neal and Eriksson and could flourish in Crawford's offensive minded system. Drewiske is a definite upgrade over Woywitka for their bottom-pairing D and has more upside at this point.

Could LA take on that much salary without sending much back? I've been so frustrated by Cap Space in regards to the Kovy saga that I don't know the number anymore. Either way...Richards over Spezza please!

DeeMeck 09-06-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 27675650)
ugh, do i really? I havn't watched much/any Ottawa games for at least 1 season, but i obviously remember the dominant Heatley-Spezza-Alfie line. Im guessing based on your response that Spezza has dropped off since then?

I just think Schenn + Moller + 1st + def prospect is overpayment for pretty much anyone but Malkin.

bcking 09-06-2010 01:26 PM

Stay the course, Spezza is definately not the player I'd be willling to give up Schenn for.

BigKing 09-06-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcking (Post 27675861)
Stay the course, Spezza is definately not the player I'd be willling to give up Schenn for.

Exactly. Richards with 1-year left is much more attractive. If you don't re-sign Richards at the end of the year, Schenn could be ready to step in to the 2nd line center role anyways.

Also, man did Dallas give up squat to get Richards in the first place. Halpern, Mike Smith, Jussi Jokinen and a 4th rounder. Pretty much any deal we make with them that involves a 1st and Moller would still be a net gain for them.

Scrivezina 09-06-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 27675650)

Isn't this the line that disappeared in the finals against Anaheim? And we'd only get one of them, not all 3. Pass on Spezza.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 09-06-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatty (Post 27676435)
Isn't this the line that disappeared in the finals against Anaheim? And we'd only get one of them, not all 3. Pass on Spezza.

I believe Sammy Pahlsson should get some credit for that . . .

Muzzinga 09-06-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatty (Post 27676435)

Ye but they are also arguably the best line post lockout, so that counts for something. I clearly thought Spezza was better than he apparently is though

Johnny Utah 09-06-2010 03:07 PM

Even Jim Fox said this in the his interview recently, the Kings either need a true 40 goal scoring winger or a true top 6 center than can help guys like Brown, Poni, Richie or whoever on the 2nd line increase their point totals.

two out of three* 09-06-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah (Post 27676804)
Even Jim Fox said this in the his interview recently, the Kings either need a true 40 goal scoring winger or a true top 6 center than can help guys like Brown, Poni, Richie or whoever on the 2nd line increase their point totals.

A one two punch of:

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Schenn-Spezza-Brown

Would be DIRTY.

DIEHARD the King fan 09-06-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss (Post 27676682)
I believe Sammy Pahlsson should get some credit for that . . .

He is one of the best defensive forwards in the league

Telos 09-06-2010 04:18 PM

If I were Dean, I would totally be knocking on the Duck's door asking about Ryan, threatening some crazy $7.5 million offer sheet or something if they refuse :P But of course that is stupid and asinine, but it hurts so much because he is the perfect fit for our core and has always been a Kings killer. I think a deal could be had, though you gotta think they would be asking for Jack Johnson +...

I would settle for a legit #2 center, but our #1 priority has got to be a legit first line winger to go with Kopitar which would also take care of our second line winger spot.

DIEHARD the King fan 09-06-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah (Post 27676804)

Going off what you said I was thinking:

Number of 40 goal wingers (preferably left side) available: 0

Number of true top six centers available: Unknown, maybe at least one (don't think Richards is the one either)

I'm more of the belief that we need the scorer, others believe in the down the middle concept. 40 goal scoring wingers just arent as common as they once were, and the one that was available, well, . . . .

Sure, we're better than last year between Goalies, and Mitchell and addition by subtraction (Jones and Ivanans) but I think we all believed we should have done more to improve the O-ffense than we did (Oopps, than we didnt!)

Telos 09-06-2010 04:49 PM

lol. Just read what Matt Barry precited for the Kings this season. Good for a laugh:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matth...ason/125/30019

Quote:

In the West, RIGHT NOW, I'm gonna say the Kings start the season 4-8-1 and never recover. There's just too much talent out west and Kopitar will have been waiting 4 years for a winger that never comes. He didn't get Drury, he didn't get Gaborik and he didn't get Kovalchuk. Too much of a burden rides on him and the pressure gets to be too much. Doughty, still exhausted after the Olympics doesn't have a great season. Jack Johnson is hurt again.

Of course, one trade and my prediction will change :)

Your turn.

twitter
HOCKEYBUZZBARRY
Man those must have been the most exhausting Olympics ever. I knew Drew's conditioning needed work but man... A half-year later and he is still tuckered out. :sarcasm:

Muzzinga 09-06-2010 04:56 PM

must suck to have to be doughty's heart apparently