HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT: Five Guys Fast Food Place (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=817422)

neofury* 09-09-2010 10:02 AM

Five Guys Fast Food Place

Apparently they just opened one in Vaudreuil. Not entirely sure but is this the first one in Quebec? Even Canada possibly?

I didn't research it but I thought Five Guys was an exclusively American fast food place.

Anyone ever been to one? Supposedly they make the best burger right?

InglewoodJack 09-09-2010 10:04 AM

I never heard of it until the lounge thread. I assume it's the first one in Quebec. Not sure about Canada. But possibly.

Turboflex* 09-09-2010 10:06 AM

Thats what I read I wanted to try in florida but didnt get the chance.

There are good burgers here anyways go to mburger downtown or the keg at lunch.

what fast food place I would like to see here would be chipotle grill

montreal 09-09-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 27710675)
Apparently they just opened one in Vaudreuil. Not entirely sure but is this the first one in Quebec? Even Canada possibly?

I didn't research it but I thought Five Guys was an exclusively American fast food place.

They are expanding rapidly, so I'm not surprised they reached Canada. Haven't eaten there but people I know that have love their burgers and they are also known for their french fries I believe.

ScottFC 09-09-2010 10:11 AM

Heres an article from the Gazette.

Says theres 1 in Vaudreil and they'Re opening up a few more in Laval, Old Montreal, Brossard etc.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/busin...650/story.html

Twine Seeking Missle 09-09-2010 10:12 AM

Best burger you will ever eat. Go for the double bacon burger with grilled onions. Just don't expect to eat anything else the rest of the day since one of those will set you back about 1,200 calories. Def worth it though.

Agnostic 09-09-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 27710675)

been to the one in Washington, DC. With the fries it's a heart attack in a box, but it's a good way to go.

Turboflex* 09-09-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 27710770)
Go for the double bacon burger with grilled onions.

if the beef is so good why do you need to add 2 layers of fried bacon to it?? I'll never understand that.

AlexMeth 09-09-2010 10:16 AM

I'm not familiar with Five Guys Burger, but how does it compare to In-N-Out Burgers?

Looking at the website, they kinda look similar.

cheers!

7th Player 09-09-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 27710770)
Best burger you will ever eat. Go for the double bacon burger with grilled onions. Just don't expect to eat anything else the rest of the day since one of those will set you back about 1,200 calories. Def worth it though.

In & Out begs to differ ;)

ScopeHockey 09-09-2010 10:24 AM

Ate there in Tampa. A mesmerizing experience. So greasy but so good. Best burger ever, fries ain't bad either.

Le Tricolore 09-09-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS (Post 27710877)

In & Out could not be more mediocre if it tried.

neofury* 09-09-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexMeth (Post 27710822)
I'm not familiar with Five Guys Burger, but how does it compare to In-N-Out Burgers?

Looking at the website, they kinda look similar.

cheers!

Actually in terms of burgers and fries I believe they are now In-N-Out Burgers biggest competitor. If I'm not mistaking they beat them across the board this year in terms of "awards". I could be wrong going off memory here but I remember hearing they had the best burger and 2nd best fries. These are the same people that gave McDonald's #1 fries on the list though so take it with a grain of salt. (Didn't mean it to be a pun or anything)

It's supposedly better but it seems half the people who loved In-N-Out still stand by them the other half jumped ship and say this place is the best. I'm assuming it's so close that it's a matter of preference more than anything.

Twine Seeking Missle 09-09-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboflex (Post 27710813)
if the beef is so good why do you need to add 2 layers of fried bacon to it?? I'll never understand that.

Because beef + bacon = awesome.

But really... it's something you should only eat once in a while because these things will do a number on your blood pressure/cholesterol/overall heart health. :)

deauminic 09-09-2010 10:29 AM

The "Five Guys" restaurant that will open in Old Montreal will be on McGill street, near métro Square-Victoria... I saw the "coming soon" sign, since i'm working in the area.

Galchenyuk94 09-09-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexMeth (Post 27710822)
How does it compare to In-N-Out Burgers?

Those are good burgers, Walter.
SHUT THE **** UP DONNY!

Sorry can't answer your question though, never been.

Also wtf 1200 cals for a burger? Won't be eating any of those any time soon.

Twine Seeking Missle 09-09-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS (Post 27710877)

Unfortunately here on the east coast I have not had the chance to try In & Out. I have heard they are the best. Hard to believe there is a burger out there better than 5 guys though.

neofury* 09-09-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 27710975)
Unfortunately here on the east coast I have not had the chance to try In & Out. I have heard they are the best. Hard to believe there is a burger out there better than 5 guys though.

Supposedly they used to be the best, 5 guys took that from them.

Bob Cole 09-09-2010 10:33 AM

ate at one 2 weeks ago in virginia and it was easily one of the best burgers ive ever ate. the fries are delicious but so greasy, you can see grease stains through the paper bag.

I coudnt finish it, i was full and for 10$ it was a great deal.

AlexMeth 09-09-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 27710993)
Supposedly they used to be the best, 5 guys took that from them.

Good to hear... I'll give them a try!

coolasprICE 09-09-2010 10:50 AM

I tried the one in Vaudreuil about a month ago ....

Burgers were pink in the middle, which was surprising since they are supposed to offer well done burgers only.

I ordered one single patty burger and was still hungry so I ordered a 2nd. But they do have double patty burgers which I'll do if I ever do return again.

Now if you go with two people -- order ONE fry. Portion size is massive. Fries were nothing outrageous.

All in all , 2 burgers, a fry and a coke cost close to 20 bucks if not a bit more, don't remember.

I'll give 5 guys a 2nd chance but not anytime soon because the burger I had is something you can easily make yourself.

And I much preferred In and Out Burger....

24Cups 09-09-2010 10:58 AM

Here in Cincinnati, I eat there as often as good conscious and waist line will let me. For a fast food chain, great burgers and fries (a regular size will easily feed 2). All the peanuts you can eat while you wait also.

neofury* 09-09-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasprICE (Post 27711181)
I tried the one in Vaudreuil about a month ago ....

Burgers were pink in the middle, which was surprising since they are supposed to offer well done burgers only.

I ordered one single patty burger and was still hungry so I ordered a 2nd. But they do have double patty burgers which I'll do if I ever do return again.

Now if you go with two people -- order ONE fry. Portion size is massive. Fries were nothing outrageous.

All in all , 2 burgers, a fry and a coke cost close to 20 bucks if not a bit more, don't remember.

I'll give 5 guys a 2nd chance but not anytime soon because the burger I had is something you can easily make yourself.

And I much preferred In and Out Burger....

I'll probably give it a shot when I get my license back LOL.

I find though sometimes especially with newer franchises (new to Canada or Quebec) they suck in the beginning but a few months down the line they work out all the kinks and have their true staff in place then and it's a million times better.

An example of this is Boston Pizza. Personally I've heard nothing but bad things since they came here. My parents decided to go even though after the first 2 months all we heard was bad things. They've been several times now. One time it was mediocre but the other times (at least 4-5 other occasions) it was apparently amazing. I went once with them and it was really good, I was actually very suprised, I didn't have the pizza though, had their burger and it was very good. Parents have had the pizza and actually one of the times where it was mediocre it was because of the pizza but supposedly the other times they've had it, it was really good.

I think you need to give places like this time to settle. They have new employee's who need to learn still and probably a decent amount of turnover firing people who just don't get it. (I've worked in fast food, tons of retards, takes sometimes even a year before you'll have your true staff and even then still a lot of turnover)

coolasprICE 09-09-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 27711345)
I think you need to give places like this time to settle.

Ya I'll give it a 2nd shot in a few months or so ... the menu is very simple so they should have it down pat by then. It's the same system as you would find at La Belle province or any other joint... One cashier and a few people behind the counter preparing it. No line-up when I went, unlike some of the popular american locations.

Slew Foots 09-09-2010 11:39 AM

This made my day...possibly my year. I'm off to Vaudreuil...l8r.