HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: Bob Miller To Undergo Surgery (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=817559)

TonySCV 09-09-2010 07:07 PM

Bob Miller To Undergo Surgery

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spor...l-hockey-.html

"Bob Miller, the Kings' play-by-play announcer since 1973 and a Hockey Hall of Fame media honoree, is scheduled to undergo what he called a precautionary surgical procedure on Friday and will miss the Kings' Fan Fest Saturday.

However, Miller said in a phone conversation that he hopes to be ready for the Kings' upcoming season, which begins Oct. 9 and will be his 38th in the broadcast booth. The problem is not life-threatening, he said, but he didn't want to elaborate.

Miller, who will be 72 next month, said he expects to spend a few days in the hospital. "It's the only time we could do it and still be OK for the start of the season," he said of the procedure."

Telos 09-10-2010 12:04 AM

I wish him the best. The greatest tragedy ever to befall this organization over anything that has ever happened on the ice or off it would be losing him before winning the cup. We have to do it for Bob, we just have to...

socalpuck 09-10-2010 01:09 AM

all the best and hope for a quick recovery!

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 09-10-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 27719113)
The greatest tragedy ever to befall this organization over anything that has ever happened on the ice or off it would be losing him before winning the cup.

Very true

kingsfan 09-10-2010 02:02 AM

All the best to Bob. He needs a Cup more than anyone.

That said, anyone in this organization not injury prone? I mean Greene, Westgarth, Schenn, Miller, plus Hickey et al last year. We get the point.

redcard 09-10-2010 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 27719951)
All the best to Bob. He needs a Cup more than anyone.

That said, anyone in this organization not injury prone? I mean Greene, Westgarth, Schenn, Miller, plus Hickey et al last year. We get the point.

I'll take injuries to Greene and prospects over a first line missing the entire season like we've seen in the past.

We're just getting everything out early, so we can be healthy the rest of the year.

kingsholygrail 09-10-2010 05:34 AM

Precautionary sounds cancer related. Hope he recovers quickly.

kingsfan 09-10-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcard (Post 27720064)
I'll take injuries to Greene and prospects over a first line missing the entire season like we've seen in the past.

We're just getting everything out early, so we can be healthy the rest of the year.

Maybe you're right.

Maybe I'm just getting annoyed with the fact we came into this summer with optimism and our now our injury counter is beating our UFA counter like 5-2.

Going5Hole 09-11-2010 01:11 PM

Considering he had shingles and was quite open about it, this sounds like he had a colonscopy and they found something that needed to be removed... if so, I really wish people would be less embarrassed about that stuff. Everyone should/needs to do these checks.

SLang 09-13-2010 04:48 PM

So how's our patient doing?

Get back soon Bob!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 27719113)
I wish him the best. The greatest tragedy ever to befall this organization over anything that has ever happened on the ice or off it would be losing him before winning the cup. We have to do it for Bob, we just have to...

As each new season dawns, more and more this becomes an overriding thought in my mind. Well, alongside the thought that they need to do it before I'm gone, too!

Quattro 09-13-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going5Hole (Post 27733664)
Considering he had shingles and was quite open about it, this sounds like he had a colonscopy and they found something that needed to be removed... if so, I really wish people would be less embarrassed about that stuff. Everyone should/needs to do these checks.

I just had to laugh that this post came from a guy named "Going5Hole". :laugh::laugh::laugh:

MollerManor 09-13-2010 05:00 PM

Bob Miller is the voice of this team. A Kings' Stanley Cup without him would be silent in my mind.

DeeMeck 09-13-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quattro (Post 27761287)
I just had to laugh that this post came from a guy named "Going5Hole". :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Almost as good as poster "Oh_snap!" being the first to report on the Justin Williams broken leg.

Buddy The Elf 09-13-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going5Hole (Post 27733664)

I'm totally not embarrassed. I give myself a colonoscopy daily.