HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Nemo suspension thread-- tough read! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=81761)

darth5 06-02-2004 07:32 PM

Nemo suspension thread-- tough read!

I WAS reading this thread. Man, was it ever coming fast! Before I finished a page a new one was added to the end! :mad: Looks like it went too far and got closed...
Remember all the times we Preds fans have been told to stop whining about officiating? Flames fans are no different than any other team's fans. They are screaming 'double standard', 'the league has it in for us', and such. We were told "that's hockey", "we all have to live with bad calls", "it all evens out", etc."you guys don't even know hockey, so shut your yap", but now the Flamers (pun intended) don't want to hear that. :dunno:

Enoch 06-02-2004 08:15 PM

Of course they don't. :joker: I mean......Villi laid such a perfectly legal hit on Vinny! How could he be suspended??? And Captain Iginla >>>>> Tootoo....what with beating people on the ground, instigating multiple fights in the playoffs, and encouraging fans to boo a fallen player.........

Weren't we getting flamed for these very things????

:eek:

/rant

Despite the whining on these boards by a number of Flame homers, I have found this SCF to be quite interesting. A lot of the gameplay is dirty and extremely illegal, yet it is alot better than the boring Detroit verus Pion series or the Devils trap that I have grown acusstomed to seeing.

DontCallPlayersStuds 06-02-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnrocketman
I WAS reading this thread. Man, was it ever coming fast! Before I finished a page a new one was added to the end! :mad: Looks like it went too far and got closed...
Remember all the times we Preds fans have been told to stop whining about officiating? Flames fans are no different than any other team's fans. They are screaming 'double standard', 'the league has it in for us', and such. We were told "that's hockey", "we all have to live with bad calls", "it all evens out", etc."you guys don't even know hockey, so shut your yap", but now the Flamers (pun intended) don't want to hear that. :dunno:

you think it's tough to read?

try moderating it.

SmokeyClause 06-02-2004 08:54 PM

I've lost quite a bit of respect for Iginla after this series. He spends the better part of every loss whining to the officials. In fact, it looked to me like he blurted 'you effing blew this game' at an official after this past game. You couldn't tell who he was talking to but it certainly couldn't have been a teammate or an opponent. For a class act as he is off the ice, he's carried himself in a very poor manner in these finals.

darth5 06-02-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch

Weren't we getting flamed for these very things????

:eek:

/rant

Despite the whining on these boards by a number of Flame homers, I have found this SCF to be quite interesting. A lot of the gameplay is dirty and extremely illegal, yet it is alot better than the boring Detroit verus Pion series or the Devils trap that I have grown acusstomed to seeing.

:lol :teach:
I couldn't agree more, Enoch.
There are LOTS of borderline hits, etc. But the action has been wide open and end to end. It has been much more fun than recent SCFs.
And I also agree that Iggy is being truly revealed in his deportment and composure (or lack thereof). The style of quick breakout pass and speed the Bolts play has similarities to the game the Preds seem to be evolving into. Anyone else feel that way?

Jarnberg 06-02-2004 09:12 PM

Alot of the Calgary fans on these boards have cracked me up. Not saying all Calgary fans are the same, you know which ones I'm talking about. Its funny how they spin everything.

crossxcheck 06-03-2004 07:31 AM

how long before snakeeyes sees this thread and the BS starts?

I think the hit by nimenen was pretty cheap (and his overall playoff play). I also can't believe everyone's talk about what a "class act" iggy is. Real classy starting fights because you are losing and/or don't like the officiating and real classy trash talking the bolts bench after an obvious butt whooping. I know he is a supposed "great guy" but I have just lost a ton of respect for him.

hillbilly 06-03-2004 02:50 PM

I wish I could have seen the hit, On a side note, I haven't lost a bit of respect for Iginla. As I didn't lose respect for Walker when he beat the daylights out of Kobasew(sp). And maybe it takes complaining to get the refs attention lord knows the reffing in both the Stanley Cup and Calder Cup this year has been a joke on most nights

Pattypred 06-03-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbilly
I wish I could have seen the hit, On a side note, I haven't lost a bit of respect for Iginla. As I didn't lose respect for Walker when he beat the daylights out of Kobasew(sp). And maybe it takes complaining to get the refs attention lord knows the reffing in both the Stanley Cup and Calder Cup this year has been a joke on most nights

You mean to tell me there have been officials on the ice????? Where???? :joker:

WuRtZLeSs 06-03-2004 08:10 PM

Makes me wish the Devils won the cup.

golfmade 06-03-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
how long before snakeeyes sees this thread and the BS starts?

Who cares about him, besides if you're smart you'd put him on your ignore list.

Jarnberg 06-04-2004 08:09 AM

Notice how they don't complain as much when they win.... hmmm

Pattypred 06-04-2004 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csstranger
Notice how they don't complain as much when they win.... hmmm

Isn't that called "double standard"?