HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   TV: Person of Interest (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=817639)

metric 09-10-2010 12:43 AM

Person of Interest

Quote:

If pedigree alone were enough to get a TV show greenlit, this next project would be a slam dunk: J.J. Abrams is currently shopping a crime-thriller series created by Jonah Nolan, brother and frequent collaborator of The Dark Knight/Inception auteur Christopher Nolan.

This would mark the first small-screen foray for Nolan, who not only co-wrote The Dark Knight and The Prestige but penned the short story on which Memento was based.
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/...s-jonah-nolan/

kingsholygrail 09-10-2010 05:41 AM

Crime-thriller series...

Meh.

Shadowtron 09-10-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsholygrail (Post 27720456)
Crime-thriller series...

Meh.

Yeah, aren't there enough of these shows already? And even the supernatural ones (Fringe, Haven, etc.) have to sport an attractive FBI agent. Tired of cops and agents and invenstigations....

metric 09-10-2010 11:29 AM

While I agree, with Abrams and Nolan involved I'm definitely going to check it out.

neofury* 09-10-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metric (Post 27722096)
While I agree, with Abrams and Nolan involved I'm definitely going to check it out.

Exactly, even though I didn't like Memento, The Prestige and Dark Knight were awesome. And let's face it Abrams knows his stuff.

I have a feeling this won't be as cut and dry like one of those generic cop shows.

kingsholygrail 09-10-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 27722734)
Exactly, even though I didn't like Memento, The Prestige and Dark Knight were awesome. And let's face it Abrams knows his stuff.

I have a feeling this won't be as cut and dry like one of those generic cop shows.

It will turn out the city they work in is actually a prison?

neofury* 09-10-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsholygrail (Post 27722837)
It will turn out the city they work in is actually a prison?

LOL no the city they work for is all in their head. It's a psychiatric ward ;)

Mr Branko 09-10-2010 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowtron (Post 27721090)
And even the supernatural ones (Fringe, Haven, etc.) have to sport an attractive FBI agent.

anna torv is alright but she's not that hot..

Placebo Effect 09-12-2011 06:23 PM

I forgot about this thread and that this show is now Persons of Interest. POI looks a lot more interesting than when it was first announced.

Jovavic 09-12-2011 09:08 PM

First time I'll be watching a CBS show since...the second season of Amazing Race or something, it's been a long time regardless

Naych_PHX 09-13-2011 02:39 PM

Not that I'm all that interested in this show, but I tried to explain to a friend what this show is about and I can't.

metric 09-23-2011 12:32 AM

Quite a good pilot

Jaysfanatic* 09-23-2011 01:56 AM

Yeah, I thought it was fun. A movie in an hour. Gonna be good.

Coldplay 09-23-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Branko (Post 27724559)
anna torv is alright but she's not that hot..

Errrm, yes she is. :p:

Afino 09-23-2011 09:28 AM

I really liked it.

Another role that Emerson is perfect for.

Shameus 09-23-2011 11:09 AM

Definitely going to give it a few episodes. Enjoyed the premier

ForzaZuffa 09-23-2011 11:12 AM

PVR'd this sucker last night but watched the Jays game instead... gonna enjoy this one today

Hanta Yo 09-23-2011 11:20 AM

I didn't particularly like how they primarily focused on a random case in the pilot. I would have liked more time devoted to Caviezel and Emerson and their characters themselves, not their characters involved in that random criminal storyline. Also, the fact that it's apparently a procedural takes away some of the excitement. However, for a pilot it was solid. Action and excitement really went up a notch in the second half of the episode.

Classic Devil 09-23-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanta Yo (Post 36990687)
I didn't particularly like how they primarily focused on a random case in the pilot. I would have liked more time devoted to Caviezel and Emerson and their characters themselves, not their characters involved in that random criminal storyline. Also, the fact that it's apparently a procedural takes away some of the excitement. However, for a pilot it was solid. Action and excitement really went up a notch in the second half of the episode.

It's a show that's going to start as a procedural, but that isn't automatically a show-stopper for me. It might not stay that way. And even if it does, if the individual episodes are awesome I won't mind. It'll just have a shorter lifespan, because in a pure procedural the good ideas run out pretty quickly.

RandV 09-24-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classic Devil (Post 37003307)
It's a show that's going to start as a procedural, but that isn't automatically a show-stopper for me. It might not stay that way. And even if it does, if the individual episodes are awesome I won't mind. It'll just have a shorter lifespan, because in a pure procedural the good ideas run out pretty quickly.

Gotta agree here. A very good pilot episode, but at some point soon they're going to have to throw a 'hook' in there somewhere. This could be the difference for the show to be become as good as something like Dexter or fizzling out like Human Target. I know those aren't the best examples to use but they're the ones that comes to mind and fits from the TV shows I've seen.

Afino 09-24-2011 09:51 PM

100% agree - I had pretty much the same thought when the episode was over. It's a great concept that will get "old" quickly if twists and interesting side stories aren't thrown in.

BTW, I read something on io9 (I'll find the link) that said episode 2 was going to go deeper into Finch and the creation of the machine.

Afino 09-24-2011 09:54 PM

Oh, JJ Abrams, you so silly!!

:laugh:

http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/ca...f3xh5i_595.jpg

Check out the "from" section on those emails....those guys look familiar.....

Coldplay 09-24-2011 10:25 PM

^^

Awesome! :laugh:

And hey, just watched the pilot. Caviezel grew on me as the episode went on, and what to say about Emerson? The show feels very X-Files-esque...minus the whole supernatural aspect (the shot of the government facility at the end made me feel this way).

I'll keep watching, though I get the feeling it's going to get cancelled. I know, it's only one episode, but shows I always end up liking at the start never end up lasting long. :(

Hanta Yo 09-29-2011 10:01 PM

That episode was okay. I enjoyed the plot more than the crooked cops from the first though.

Acadmus 09-29-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 37058747)
^^

Awesome! :laugh:

And hey, just watched the pilot. Caviezel grew on me as the episode went on, and what to say about Emerson? The show feels very X-Files-esque...minus the whole supernatural aspect (the shot of the government facility at the end made me feel this way).

Not to mention the sexual tension:laugh:

It was odd...I was only half watching and really couldn't figure out the main characters...they seemed like robots.:dunno: