HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Will Robitaille Receive Qualifying Offer? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=81831)

thrashers28 06-03-2004 07:17 AM

Will Robitaille Receive Qualifying Offer?

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here and a fairly new fan to hockey. You have a great site here and I enjoy reading your posts.

Just curious, do you all think Randy Robitaille will receive a qualifying offer from the Thrashers thus voiding his contract with the Swiss team ZSC?

ATLThrashers15 06-03-2004 05:14 PM

It all depends on whether or not DW thinks he can upgrade at the center position or what he feels he can add to the line up with Chicago. I dont think he get an offer, and I have reasons for that, nothing of which is official or has been said, just a hunch.

Peter Sidorkiewicz 06-03-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
It all depends on whether or not DW thinks he can upgrade at the center position or what he feels he can add to the line up with Chicago. I dont think he get an offer, and I have reasons for that, nothing of which is official or has been said, just a hunch.

I think DW will wait until the new CBA agreement sorts its self out and after he has explored free agency. I believe he makes under 1 mil so I think he may receive a late offer. A good insurance option for Atlanta.

ATLThrashers15 06-03-2004 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
I think DW will wait until the new CBA agreement sorts its self out and after he has explored free agency. I believe he makes under 1 mil so I think he may receive a late offer. A good insurance option for Atlanta.

DW can tell who wont be re-sign or qualified from other teams and from that he can gauge whether or not someone else would be a better fit.

The Sneak 06-04-2004 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
DW can tell who wont be re-sign or qualified from other teams and from that he can gauge whether or not someone else would be a better fit.

I don't believe this is true, and on the same side of the coin, I don't believe DW has the luxury of waiting for the CBA to be ironed out prior to qualifying free agents. Unless I've missed my mark restricted free agents have to be extended offers prior to the current CBA expiring. While true that DW may be able to get a feel on which centers may not be offered a qualifier, every other team has the same deadline so he's going to have to work the phones or go on gut.

Regardless, I'd like to think we can improve on Randy Robitaille for our top two lines. It appears we have tons of players that fit lines 3 and 4, but we need better talent around the kids to be an impact team this season. I have no doubts that we can find the equivalent to Randy Robitaille on the waiver wire or through free agency so I have no huge desire to make him an offer