HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   On the Radio: Henrik with Boomer and Carton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=819145)

haohmaru 09-15-2010 08:20 AM

Henrik with Boomer and Carton

He was on this morning around 9:00 AM - hopefully they'll have the archive up today or tomorrow here: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on...boomer-carton/

Basically, and I think I heard correctly, Henrik said he actually prefers Tortorella and his coaching style over Renney's "European Style". He said he loves NY and his life here and wouldn't consider the KHL (because of $) at any point and guaranteed the Rangers would make a playoff spot. Carton poked some fun and Avery was discussed a little, too.

t3hg00se 09-15-2010 08:36 AM

Henrik guaranteed we're making the playoffs.

Trust me, we're making the playoffs.

SouvenirCity 09-15-2010 08:41 AM

Apparently hank's new lady friend is pretty attractive as well

ruckus* 09-15-2010 08:42 AM

Basically what Hank is saying is that we're going to be mediocre for long stretches, so Torts is going to play him in 70+ games, and we'll make the playoffs.

offdacrossbar 09-15-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 27785608)
He was on this morning around 9:00 AM - hopefully they'll have the archive up today or tomorrow here: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on...boomer-carton/

Basically, and I think I heard correctly, Henrik said he actually prefers Tortorella and his coaching style over Renney's "European Style". He said he loves NY and his life here and wouldn't consider the KHL (because of $) at any point and guaranteed the Rangers would make a playoff spot. Carton poked some fun and Avery was discussed a little, too.

as opposed to him saying that he prefers renneys style over his current coaches style.

that would go over well.

in other news, water is wet...

DrZoidberg 09-15-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offdacrossbar (Post 27785838)
as opposed to him saying that he prefers renneys style over his current coaches style.

that would go over well.

So are you a Ranger fan or what? I really don't think you are.

skroob** 09-15-2010 08:51 AM

eww. Boomer.

He is on a rec hockey team out on Long Island. ******* brought down ringers to a championship game (I think Benoit Hogue and some AHL guy).

Slightly OT. Sorry, had to rant. haha.

ruckus* 09-15-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrZoidberg (Post 27785879)

ODC might have some crazy points, but just because someone is skeptical or negative (especially about this organization, come on) doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I don't doubt for a second ODC roots harder than most on this board every game. He just doesn't like the way most of this organization is run.

WhipNash27 09-15-2010 08:59 AM

Yeah, didn't say anything groundbreaking especially when asked about the team. He wasn't going to say anything that would upset anyone.

Happy to be back in NY.
Has a gf from Sweden, comes to live with him here now. She's a really good girl, similar background, etc. Didn't seem too comfortable talking about it.
He benches around 275.
Doesn't mind being called "the King" by fans but he never actually goes by that nickname.
Guarantees playoffs.
When asked about Avery said he likes him. Thinks Tortorella likes him.
Likes Tortorella. Likes his style, said Renney had more of a Euro style. Torts is different, likes to challenge players, etc. Playing a more offensive style doesn't necessarily mean more work. Best defense is a good offense. Doesn't mind facing a lot of shots as long as they aren't breakaways, 2 on 1s, and such.

All I can remember.

offdacrossbar 09-15-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robruckus (Post 27785940)
ODC might have some crazy points, but just because someone is skeptical or negative (especially about this organization, come on) doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I don't doubt for a second ODC roots harder than most on this board every game. He just doesn't like the way most of this organization is run.

god bless you my brother.

crazy ? :laugh:

kokopoko 09-15-2010 09:17 AM

Was this interview on a popular radio station or something? My blog has been getting hundreds of searchers looking for info on Henrik's girlfriend today and I wondered what happened!

ruckus* 09-15-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offdacrossbar (Post 27786059)
god bless you my brother.

crazy ? :laugh:

Don't worry, we're all a little crazy.

offdacrossbar 09-15-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robruckus (Post 27786197)
Don't worry, we're all a little crazy.

true. and you are correct, i live and die with this bunch. while i may be a contrarian and go against the tide, im the same as you.

when they win im stoked. when they play poorly and lose, im grouchy.

they say you only argue about the things you care about.

there can be honor is dissent. i find blind agreement to be like nails on a chalkboard.

Balej20* 09-15-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrZoidberg (Post 27785879)

It's true. What kind of level headed athlete would go on the radio and say "oh yea, I liked the old coach better than this one."

We're not talking about NFL wide receivers here, we're talking about intelligent, common sense driven athletes.

offdacrossbar 09-15-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 27786347)
It's true. What kind of level headed athlete would go on the radio and say "oh yea, I liked the old coach better than this one."

We're not talking about NFL wide receivers here, we're talking about intelligent, common sense driven athletes.

be careful here.

speaking the truth and not gulping the koolaide isnt wise.

run. ill stay and hold them off.....

run now, before they come for you.

t3hg00se 09-15-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 27786347)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BroadwayBlues 09-15-2010 09:47 AM

I saw the interview on MSG. Hank was in studio.

Kovalev27 09-15-2010 09:49 AM

Hanks been dating the same girl for years. She's not new.

haohmaru 09-15-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offdacrossbar (Post 27785838)

that would go over well.

Yeah, you know, you're probably right. Henrik is probably scared to death of getting benched in favor of Biron, so he's deliberately lying to butter Torts up so he can keep the job that he's barely hanging on to.

In other news, offdacrossbar is negative...

SouvenirCity 09-15-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovalev27 (Post 27786488)

My bad. Haven't been following hank's love life that closely. Thanks for the update. :sarcasm:

kokopoko 09-15-2010 09:55 AM

Damn, this was televised on MSG? Do they have it recorded on MSG somewhere for those of us out of the area?

And yeah, Hank's been with Therese for a long time. Pics here http://henriklundqvisthockey.blogspo...d-therese.html

we want cup 09-15-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kovalev27 (Post 27786488)

Hmmm, I thought he shacked up with the runaway princess?

kokopoko 09-15-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 27786595)
Hmmm, I thought he shacked up with the runaway princess?

Hank denies a closer relationship than 'friends' with the Swedish princess. But there were heavy rumors. And Therese is still living with him.

terrrrrible 09-15-2010 10:04 AM

My friend works at ThermoSpa and apparently sold Hank and his girlfriend a hot tub a while ago. He said she's called up a few times claiming she broke it or that it just stopped working.

offdacrossbar 09-15-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 27786528)
Yeah, you know, you're probably right. Henrik is probably scared to death of getting benched in favor of Biron, so he's deliberately lying to butter Torts up so he can keep the job that he's barely hanging on to.

In other news, offdacrossbar is negative...

um....no. this isnt a high school team.

hes towing the line like he should so he keeps the peace. theres a code of conduct.

its not about him being benched. thats just a ridiculous comment. but its equally ridiculous to think hank or any other player would say otherwise. its just the way it is and thus didnt warrant any attention.

nice attempt and failure to be wity though.