HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Weiss and Rusty duke it out at camp. Literally! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=820638)

JP Mick 09-20-2010 01:35 PM

Weiss and Rusty duke it out at camp. Literally!

According to GR's latest blog Weiss and Olesz threw a few punches at each other during the practice-scrimmage today. Awesome, I'm loving the physicality of this camp so far! Guds threw a big hit on Weiss too.

“It was a good thing that happened and we're still buddies,'' Weiss said. “I think he scored four goals in the drill after that so it just goes to show how he plays when he's fired up. You see what he can do. Maybe he'll have 40 fights in practice this year.''

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...on-begins.html

Rattrick 09-20-2010 01:41 PM

Maybe Weiss is mad that Olesz makes more money than him -- as he should be. Can't say I blame him.

JP Mick 09-20-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 27853000)
Maybe Weiss is mad that Olesz makes more money than him -- as he should be. Can't say I blame him.

I'm sure thats definitely in the back of his mind!

Weiwuer 09-20-2010 02:06 PM

I think that's awesome. :)

Boooooth10 09-20-2010 02:14 PM

Rostislav "BAD BOY" Olesz

http://cdn.nhl.com/panthers/v2/photos/mugs/8471220.jpg

vektorious 09-20-2010 02:20 PM

This is good news in my oppinion. Olesz is a very skilled player and when he plays with emotion he actually plays quite well. They need to wake him up...I hope Olesz pleasantly surprises a lot of people this year and plays up to his potential...I still got faith that he can turn it around. During the scrimmage yesterday it was quite competitive as well and I saw words being exchanged between the benches....Olesz looked surprisingly good during the scrimmage yesterday... Grabner's speed was really fun to watch..He is the type of player that can create his own opportunities...Very exciting to watch him...He is constantly preying on the mistake of the opponent, and he will make you pay for it.

Holy Jokinen 09-20-2010 02:28 PM

Sure, it's weird that Olesz fought, but isn't it even weirder that he fought with Weiss?

Anyways, i'll go ahead and say Olesz pots 20some goals. Flame away.

billysbreakdown 09-20-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 27853541)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Classic!

JP Mick 09-20-2010 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vektorious (Post 27853678)
This is good news in my oppinion. Olesz is a very skilled player and when he plays with emotion he actually plays quite well. They need to wake him up...I hope Olesz pleasantly surprises a lot of people this year and plays up to his potential...I still got faith that he can turn it around. During the scrimmage yesterday it was quite competitive as well and I saw words being exchanged between the benches....Olesz looked surprisingly good during the scrimmage yesterday... Grabner's speed was really fun to watch..He is the type of player that can create his own opportunities...Very exciting to watch him...He is constantly preying on the mistake of the opponent, and he will make you pay for it.

I've heard this and I can't wait to see him with my own two eyes damnit. I wish there was TV coverage for the pre-season games.

JP Mick 09-20-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen (Post 27853823)
Sure, it's weird that Olesz fought, but isn't it even weirder that he fought with Weiss?

I'll go one up on you and say 30. :naughty: As long as there are the same amount of fights during pre-game practice!

Laus723 09-20-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen (Post 27853823)

Yeah it is, which tells me (just my opinion, yes Zero) that several of the players are frustrated with Rusty. I mean, it was Weiss, not one of the guys who drop the gloves a little more regularly, and Weiss' comments afterward support that a bit. Not sure money is the issue, just that this team seems tired of having underachievers here.

Montsy14 09-20-2010 03:19 PM

I don't know exactly how the situation panned out, but based on Weiss' comments yesterday (something about how Rusty plays better when he's pissed off), I wouldn't eliminate the possibility that Weiss initiated something on purpose. Most of us agree that Weiss is becoming captain material and this is definitely something that a leader would do (whatever it takes to get the most out of his team-mates).

TimHortons 09-20-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 27854640)
I don't know exactly how the situation panned out, but based on Weiss' comments yesterday (something about how Rusty plays better when he's pissed off), I wouldn't eliminate the possibility that Weiss initiated something on purpose. Most of us agree that Weiss is becoming captain material and this is definitely something that a leader would do (whatever it takes to get the most out of his team-mates).

Agreed. I also don't think it's mere coincidence that Weiss is pushing/challenging Olesz on the papers and on the ice. Good on him.

zeroG 09-20-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 27854477)
Yeah it is, which tells me (just my opinion, yes Zero) that several of the players are frustrated with Rusty. I mean, it was Weiss, not one of the guys who drop the gloves a little more regularly, and Weiss' comments afterward support that a bit. Not sure money is the issue, just that this team seems tired of having underachievers here.

seems like a difficult guy to get pissed at in that way but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montsy14 (Post 27854640)

i wouldn't be surprised if it was a calculated effort to push him a bit.

RainingRats 09-20-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 27854477)

Shows pretty good leadership from Weiss.

Panteras 09-20-2010 04:24 PM

OMG!! I think I just felt a brush of optimism coming over me about Olesz after I read this....my bad

Mogo 09-20-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

ursavolta 09-20-2010 06:38 PM

"Maybe Weiss is mad that Olesz makes more money than him -- as he should be. Can't say I blame him."

hahaha, had a good laugh with that one.

That's very surprising indeed.. olesz.. and weiss.. that's just weird..

maybe hes going to start playing with more tenacity now..

I really do like the fact that weiss was pushing him around. getting him fired up..

but ehh.. i care about if hes going to chip in offensively and play better defensively instead of dropping gloves and fighting..like he's trying to prove his worth.. i wouldn't care if he fought the whole team and deboer..

sure , sure it shows hes fired up.. but

to me it still looks like a more frustrating attempt coming from a man lacking confidence...

ehh, i'm just pessimistic as hell..

i really really hope olesz shuts me up and plays better than last season..

JP Mick 09-20-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

OK, Someone has to make this their avatar with "bad boy" in it somewhere.

angry_treefrog 09-20-2010 07:45 PM

There's nothing like a punch to the head to provide inspiration!!!! Way to go Weiss! :yo: I've never been a big fan of the concept of Weiss as captain, but this incident has me reconsidering that. Even if it wasn't planned, it was a long time coming.

Hip to be Square 09-20-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

I hope weissy dished out a couple nice shiners on that pretty boy.

JP Mick 09-20-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 27858225)
There's nothing like a punch to the head to provide inspiration!!!! Way to go Weiss! :yo: I've never been a big fan of the concept of Weiss as captain, but this incident has me reconsidering that. Even if it wasn't planned, it was a long time coming.

Weiss for captain for sure next year! The new captains motto: "If you don't play like you should, I'll punch you in the head!"

16Skippy 09-20-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP Mick (Post 27858378)
Weiss for captain for sure next year! The new captains motto: "If you don't play like you should, I'll punch you in the head!"

That could also make a good avatar