HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Proposal: NYR/Edm (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=820976)

hfboardsuser 09-21-2010 12:21 PM

NYR/Edm

Greetings Ranger Nation, I come in peace. Would you guys consider the following?

To NYR: Ales Hemsky
To Edmonton: McIlrath, White, Dubinsky.

beastly115 09-21-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Bugg (Post 27865929)
Greetings Ranger Nation, I come in peace. Would you guys consider the following?

No.

we want cup 09-21-2010 12:25 PM

Ugh, as much as I wouldn't WANT to take that deal, I feel I would have to.

We have so little depth at RW that picking up someone at that position who is as talented as Hemsky is would be something I'd have to pull the trigger on (provided there was no permanent effect from his injury).

we want cup 09-21-2010 12:27 PM

Now that I think about it more, if you swapped McIlrath for a slightly lower-upside prospect, I would definitely do it. I would be hesitant to give up McI in that deal, though.

WalterHeisenberg 09-21-2010 12:29 PM

no way

I Eat Crow 09-21-2010 12:31 PM

Copied and pasted from main trade board:

The value is there, but I don't think either team does it.

Hemsky's injury history will scare the Rangers away, and the brass is way too high on McIlrath to trade him away for anything short of a bonafide young star, of which Hemsky is not.

Until Taylor Hall makes his presence known, Hemsky continues to be the face of the Edmonton offense. Like I said, both teams pass on this one.

NYR Sting 09-21-2010 12:33 PM

I loathe the McIlrath pick, but have to say no. It's still the equivalent of trading a first and second rounder for Ales Hemsky. That's more than he's worth.

Reijo R 09-21-2010 12:35 PM

Absolutely not. Hemsky is a more gifted offensive player than Dubinsky, but Dubi does other things well. Even if I were to concede than Hemsky is the slightly better overall player (and I won't), there's no way I'm "throwing in" an excellent prospect like McIlrath. Maybe Dubi, White and a 3rd level prospect like Kundratek or Valentenko would be a fair deal. A deal I still wouldn't want to do. I'm not a fan of guys like Hemsky. You need to add grit in the East.

Wraparounds 09-21-2010 12:36 PM

No thank you.

pwoz 09-21-2010 12:49 PM

Take out Hemsky, throw in Hall, and we'll throw in two 1sts. :P

msv957 09-21-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Interesting trade proposal... Hemsky is definately the best player in this deal right now. He can be considered a legit first line NHL player. He is young also so he has many years ahead. Tough decision here as Mcilrath is the unknown... I would do it if I was Sather and then pray Mcilrath develops into a Wade Belak.. LOL..

SERE 24 09-21-2010 12:54 PM

Honestly, I think you kind of have to make this deal.

Hemsky >>> Dubinsky and White is a freebie. There's a very good chance he won't even make the team. McI was our first rounder this year so the organization probably wouldn't let him go only 2 months later, but he's an entirely unproven quantity and his upside may not ultimately be as high as we have come to suspect. Even if he becomes a very good, big, nasty 2nd pairing d-man, is Dubinksy + a 2nd pairing guy + a throw-in not a good deal for Hemsky?

ThirdEye 09-21-2010 12:57 PM

I don't think Edmonton would do this. Just because we're high on McIlrath doesn't mean they are. Hemsky is definitely a step above Dubinsky, but he does make twice as much money. Assuming White will be in the AHL, that would mean we would have to clear up 2+ million in cap space or send them another player

offdacrossbar 09-21-2010 12:57 PM

love hemskys game. hes a dynamic offensive player. right handed shot would look nice fitted into this roster and would give us some nice 2 line scoring balance for the next 4 years.

too soon to bail on mcilrath, but if you add this guy to the deal we can talk. :nod:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/alex_plante

Jumbo* 09-21-2010 01:31 PM

Nah.

Vitto79 09-21-2010 01:31 PM

McIlrath is having a good camp so we now love the #1 pick,haha

I think most of us have a soft spot for Dubi and Cally cause they are home grown

so yea I wouldnt bother . If Hemsky was a C maybe though

JimmyStart* 09-21-2010 02:14 PM

It's interesting we have a glut of Centerman and lack of playmaking wingers. Hemsky is probably between Frolov and Gabby as far as playmaking is concerned and could get better. I couldn't scream about this deal either way although with Hemsky's recent injury still fresh in our minds McI definitely would not go in this deal. If Ales stays healthy than I might have to say yes. Still I'm not well versed in Hemsky besides his playmaking but I have to assume it's good considering he's the face of Edm sans Hall.

eco's bones 09-21-2010 02:22 PM

Would I do it? No.

Would the Rangers do it? No--or at least I suspect not.

The thing is Dubinsky is a hell of a player at least in my eyes. Size, speed, grit, maybe not as skilled as Hemsky but there are other things he does better and I would rather hang on to him. He's been improving year to year and I suspect he's going to improve some more this year.

The other thing is the Rangers drafted McIlrath to fill a specific role in the future. The Rangers in the last couple drafts have gone against the grain and swung for the fences by taking projects with huge upsides. I don't see them trading McIlrath at all. There is a future plan in the works and McIlrath is expected to be a big part of that.

I think some of the guys saying yes are just looking at this year and maybe next year and I'm sorry but adding Hemsky isn't going to be enough to turn us into a real contender.

As for Hemsky--he's a bit injury prone for me to be interested in the Rangers making some kind of major investment. Very nice player otherwise but no, no and no.

Trxjw 09-21-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 27866413)
I don't think Edmonton would do this. Just because we're high on McIlrath doesn't mean they are. Hemsky is definitely a step above Dubinsky, but he does make twice as much money. Assuming White will be in the AHL, that would mean we would have to clear up 2+ million in cap space or send them another player

I thought there was a rumor going around on draft day that Edmonton was trying very hard to move into the middle of the 1st and grab McIlrath?

Either way, I don't think the Rangers would make this deal. A player like Hemsky on the 2nd line behind Gaborik is a waste, IMO.

Panfork 09-21-2010 03:48 PM

I would counter with something like:

To NYR: Ales Hemsky, Chris Vande Velde
To EDM: Brandon Dubinsky, Valentenko, 2nd round pick

Hemsky fits a glaring need at Right Wing for Rangers, and Vande Velde is supposed to be a pretty decent power forward in the future which should help ease the loss of Dubinsky.

Dubinsky helps add grit to the Oilers. Valentenko is a very physical defenseman on the back end, and 2nd round pick should even everything out.

pld459666 09-21-2010 04:05 PM

.jdsjdjd

Quote:

Appreciate the offer, but pass.

I like Hemsky, and this is not that far fetched an offer, but I really want to see what McIlrath developes into

eco's bones 09-21-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panfork (Post 27868865)
I would counter with something like:

To NYR: Ales Hemsky, Chris Vande Velde
To EDM: Brandon Dubinsky, Paveltenko, 2nd round pick

Hemsky fits a glaring need at Right Wing for Rangers, and Vande Velde is supposed to be a pretty decent power forward in the future which should help ease the loss of Dubinsky.

Dubinsky helps add grit to the Oilers. Paveltenko is a very physical defenseman on the back end, and 2nd round pick should even everything out.

It's better but I still wouldn't do it.

You mean Pavel Valentenko, right?

Panfork 09-21-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eco's bones (Post 27869152)
It's better but I still wouldn't do it.

You mean Pavel Valentenko, right?

Wow, that is going up for Best Typo of the Year award.

Radek27 09-21-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Add in Redden on NYR end and Souray on the Oilers side and I would do it.

darko 09-21-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

I dont think Rangers would do this. They wouldnt bail on McIlrath so quickly.

Value wise - this deal is tempting though. Good proposal.