HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   On the Radio: Leslie Treff To Discuss HF Fall Prospect Rankings Tonight & NYR camp At 8PM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=821378)

The Mouth 09-22-2010 12:32 PM

Leslie Treff To Discuss HF Fall Prospect Rankings Tonight & NYR camp At 8PM

The headline says it all. always my favorite Radio program of the year. The inside scoop from Leslie.

Live at 8 PM !

For all the info on how to listen

Ranger Crisis.com

NYR Viper 09-22-2010 06:56 PM

No pressure Mouth but I am listening!

Fitzy 09-22-2010 06:58 PM

Alright im intrigued, will see what this mouth character is all about.

NYR Viper 09-22-2010 07:00 PM

Mouth, I have to say, I like the fact that you aren't doing the voice anymore. Much more enjoyable.

azrok22 09-22-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 27892444)
Mouth, I have to say, I like the fact that you aren't doing the voice anymore. Much more enjoyable.

Glad I saw this; I'll give the show another chance.

offdacrossbar 09-22-2010 08:37 PM

very good guys. i loved the fact that leslie didnt seem rushed. plenty of time to ask and answer questions.

leslie is very well spoken and i have to say, shes a pretty sharp hockey person.

shes gotta walk a fine line but i think she was pretty candid and for the most part, accurate and fair. i found her comments about hartford very telling.

well done

ruckus* 09-22-2010 08:39 PM

Great job guys. And I'm normally super critical of you Mouth. But good job. That was a good piece with Leslie.

The Mouth 09-22-2010 09:35 PM

thanks everyone for the kind words. it means a lot to me.

nyr2k2 09-22-2010 09:54 PM

The show is always money. Now that I'm out West, it's hard to listen to live. I'll catch the replay though.

n8 09-22-2010 11:39 PM

i tried to listen to the show (albeit not live) and it just got stuck buffering. any clues? :help:

nyr2k2 09-22-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 27900272)
i tried to listen to the show (albeit not live) and it just got stuck buffering. any clues? :help:

I always listen the day after and never have problems. Maybe just give it till tomorrow?

SupersonicMonkey* 09-22-2010 11:48 PM

Shoot, i missed it.

Inferno 09-23-2010 12:56 AM

if its true mouth stopped doing the voice, i might listen myself...

MSG the place to be* 09-23-2010 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 27900993)
if its true mouth stopped doing the voice, i might listen myself...

I heard instead of doing the voice, he searches for a second dimension of Kovy's game. Maybe that will draw you in.

Come get some.

donpaulo 09-23-2010 06:47 AM

link works but show doesn't stream nor can I dl it

oh well

Leslie Treff 09-23-2010 09:21 AM

Just a heads up that the Devils did not grant me access to the Rookie Game this afternoon. So there will be no tweets or stories about the rookie game from me.

offdacrossbar 09-23-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leslie Treff (Post 27903101)
Just a heads up that the Devils did not grant me access to the Rookie Game this afternoon. So there will be no tweets or stories about the rookie game from me.

that's just not right.

after listening to you last night- and i was really impressed with your knowledge, opinions and presence given the two clowns you had to deal with :laugh:, im kinda bummed that you werent given access. i was looking forward to your thoughts on mcilrath.

seems silly to deny the interent based media their place at the table. the future of all media, especially for the nhl, is going to be internet based.

looks like the nyr and the devs are in denial.

could this be related to your voicing an uncertain opinion of the choice of mci at #10?

Levitate 09-23-2010 09:48 AM

Why would the Devils deny her access for voicing opinions about a Rangers prospect

Evolved83 09-23-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 27892444)

I agree. I loved the show. Good job Mouth!

offdacrossbar 09-23-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 27903405)
Why would the Devils deny her access for voicing opinions about a Rangers prospect

good question.

as i posted in another thread, there was a caller who said that he had good info that this was an open game until last week when it was abruptly changed to closed. according to him, the devs had it open but the nyr wanted it closed. again, its a nj's practice facility. and these games are usually open. this one is not. his opinion is that the nyr want it that way.

in addition, both the devs and rangers have been tough on granting access to internet based media- which leslie is. nothing new here.

the theory is that the nyr wanted it closed and it is and they want no part of leslie being there, so shes not.

Levitate 09-23-2010 10:22 AM

I'm fine with the theory that the Rangers wanted it closed to the public.

I think the theory that Leslie is being denied access by the Devils as a favor to the Rangers because she's unsure about the McIlrath pick is boarding on tinfoil hat conspiracy theory

offdacrossbar 09-23-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 27903830)
I'm fine with the theory that the Rangers wanted it closed to the public.

I think the theory that Leslie is being denied access by the Devils as a favor to the Rangers because she's unsure about the McIlrath pick is boarding on tinfoil hat conspiracy theory

yeah no i dont think thats the deal really. her not being there is not about mcilrath per sey. she not "legit" media.

again, they both- the rangers and devs havent been friendly to the internet based media types in the past so thats nothing new.

she said so herself.

i was just quoting what the caller said last night on the show about why the game is closed. his theory was to keep the ny media away from having an opinion about their controversial 1st rounder.

Levitate 09-23-2010 10:47 AM

Seems kind of funny for that to be the reason, though. I mean he was scrimmaging against NHLers with plenty of media present for the past couple of days. If he was really a terrible player then the regular beat writers would have been all over it.

we want cup 09-23-2010 10:52 AM

I was surprised to hear Leslie say that Horak has some physicality to his game. Not that I've ever seen him, but I guess I has just imagined him as a prototypically "soft" kind of player.

offdacrossbar 09-23-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 27904187)
Seems kind of funny for that to be the reason, though. I mean he was scrimmaging against NHLers with plenty of media present for the past couple of days. If he was really a terrible player then the regular beat writers would have been all over it.

i think his point was that the nyr are trying to control the spin about the kid. micro manage everything with him when it comes to the ny media.

it makes for interesting speculation. nothing more.