HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Lars Eller interview (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=821802)

Andy 09-23-2010 04:46 PM

Lars Eller interview
 
Source: http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|MTL|home

Good interview, also gives us something to talk about, here are some quotes from Eller. Like his attitude and the way he sees himself approaching the game.

Quote:

I always try to bring a physical edge to my game,Ē pointed out the 6-foot-2 winger. ďBut that has nothing to do with the fact that Iím playing with two smaller guys. Iíll always lay down a hit whenever the chance presents itself
Quote:

ďIím aiming to contribute offensively in Fridayís game. I want to play smart hockey with and without the puck and make sure I score some goals if the chance comes my way,Ē

Lars The GOAT Eller 09-23-2010 04:54 PM

I halak this


:sarcasm:

googlymoogly 09-23-2010 05:28 PM

''So will Eller be nervous when he finally steps out onto the ice of the Bell Centre in front of a packed house?

ďOf course Iíll be nervous,Ē admitted Eller. ďBut thatís a good thing. I play my best hockey when I get worked up. Not too much, mind you, but just enough.Ē

He'll be a beast, the Montreal fans if he slacks a little they'll boo him until he gets nervous again.

Gary320 09-23-2010 05:35 PM

I really think we are going to love Lars Eller.

JHabs 09-23-2010 05:49 PM

Can't spell Lars without L and theres an L in Love so yes.

pine 09-23-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 27910273)
Can't spell Lars without L and theres an L in Love so yes.

indeed. lots of Ls in Lars Eller so lots of love.

JGRB 09-23-2010 06:43 PM

He's going to be dynamite with G-Love and Gio. The new EGG line (hopefully).

Hannibal 09-23-2010 06:52 PM

I don't want him as a winger. I want him to center our third line! :(

For the first time since YEARS, we have a big guy at center and we have to put him on the wing... :(

HankyZetts 09-23-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 27911782)
I don't want him as a winger. I want him to center our third line! :(

For the first time since YEARS, we have a big guy at center and we have to put him on the wing... :(

I know it's so terrible! Especially considering that once we submit the line-up tomorrow, he has to play left wing for the rest of his career!

Oh the humanity!
:sarcasm:

Lars The GOAT Eller 09-23-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection (Post 27911585)
He's going to be dynamite with G-Love and Gio. The new EGG line (hopefully).

Fits like a G-Love

Hannibal 09-23-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twi2teD (Post 27912046)
I know it's so terrible! Especially considering that once we submit the line-up tomorrow, he has to play left wing for the rest of his career!

Oh the humanity!
:sarcasm:

I know it's just a preseason game, but it only takes one of Pouliot or Akost who fail and Eller will be a winger.... That's kind of sad.

hogtownhabsfan* 09-23-2010 09:12 PM

What Martins doing is clever. He stated, "When it comes to our top two lines, itís all about pairs. Whether itís Gomez and Gionta or Cammalleri and Plekanec, the third player on those lines can always vary.Ē

He's basically initiating competition between Lars, AK, and Pou. If Pou and AK step up, those spots are there's and Lars will be on the 3rd line. He's using Lars to light a fire under AKs and Pous ass.

Joey 09-23-2010 09:22 PM

Admittedly I have never seen him play....this will be a good game to catch. Extra-good because Gomez-Gionta are just too damn fun to watch

QuebecPride 09-23-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey (Post 27915706)
Admittedly I have never seen him play....this will be a good game to catch. Extra-good because Gomez-Gionta are just too damn fun to watch

Saddly , RIS's coverage blows. They can't even show the full game and the play-by-play/color guys blow.

mtl_felix 09-23-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard4u2win (Post 27912092)
Fits like a G-Love

LOL, good one :handclap:

Redux91 09-23-2010 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan (Post 27915465)
What Martins doing is clever. He stated, "When it comes to our top two lines, itís all about pairs. Whether itís Gomez and Gionta or Cammalleri and Plekanec, the third player on those lines can always vary.Ē

He's basically initiating competition between Lars, AK, and Pou. If Pou and AK step up, those spots are there's and Lars will be on the 3rd line. He's using Lars to light a fire under AKs and Pous ass.

Exactly, and if eller does take up a spot as one of the top 6 players, ittle be also because he earned it, not just beacause AK or Benny failed, Eller is just as touted if not even more talented a player then andrei k or benny

Andrei K , 1st round, 10th overall 2003
Ben P , 1st round, 4th overall 2005
Lars Eller, 1st round, 13th overall 2007

someones GOT to pan out right?? i thank god, that if we have to match up anybody alongside G-love, Gio, Cammy, plekathug, weve got 3 first rounders with size and speed trying to do it.

Forsead 09-23-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redux91 (Post 27917071)
Exactly, and if eller does take up a spot as one of the top 6 players, ittle be also because he earned it, not just beacause AK or Benny failed, Eller is just as touted if not even more talented a player then andrei k or benny

Andrei K , 1st round, 10th overall 2003
Ben P , 1st round, 4th overall 2005
Lars Eller, 1st round, 13th overall 2007

someones GOT to pan out right?? i thank god, that if we have to match up anybody alongside G-love, Gio, Cammy, plekathug, weve got 3 first rounders with size and speed trying to do it.


Dont forget that Pacioretty was also a first round pick. Also, Boyd, Lapierre and Palushaj could be some options on the two first line so that's alot of competition for Pouliot and Kostitsyn.

JHabs 09-23-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forsead (Post 27917703)
Dont forget that Pacioretty was also a first round pick. Also, Boyd, Lapierre and Palushaj could be some options on the two first line so that's alot of competition for Pouliot and Kostitsyn.

lmfao :laugh:

WhiskeySeven 09-23-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 27917887)
lmfao :laugh:

Yeah, he's a no-talent bum with poor workethic who everybody in the league hates because he yaps too much. Obviously.

Dude, for once and for all - Lapierre is immensely talented but has confidence issues. When he is on his game there is very little stopping him and he adds a whole new dimension to the team.

Lapierre is going to have a monstrous year this year on the 3rd line.

(Out of Boyd, Lapierre, Pacio and Palushaj - it's obvious that Lapierre is the better player than all of them, so why did you even say lmfao?)

JHabs 09-24-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supertramp (Post 27918364)
Yeah, he's a no-talent bum with poor workethic who everybody in the league hates because he yaps too much. Obviously.

Dude, for once and for all - Lapierre is immensely talented but has confidence issues. When he is on his game there is very little stopping him and he adds a whole new dimension to the team.

Lapierre is going to have a monstrous year this year on the 3rd line.

(Out of Boyd, Lapierre, Pacio and Palushaj - it's obvious that Lapierre is the better player than all of them, so why did you even say lmfao?)

Sorry but Lapierre is a super-pest not a top 6 forward. Don't put him next to Gomer or Pleks when you have Pouliot, AK, and Eller. If you need to put Laps instead of those three, we have a much bigger problem then I thought upfront.

WhiskeySeven 09-24-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 27918525)
Sorry but Lapierre is a super-pest not a top 6 forward. Don't put him next to Gomer or Pleks when you have Pouliot, AK, and Eller. If you need to put Laps instead of those three, we have a much bigger problem then I thought upfront.

I see him as a Darcy Tucker-esque player but stronger. That was my point.

Joey 09-24-2010 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supertramp (Post 27919187)
I see him as a Darcy Tucker-esque player but stronger. That was my point.


By Darcy's 4th season he was establishing himself as a constant 20-goal scorer. You think Lapierre is "stronger" than a perrenial 20g/40p pest?

Stjonnypopo 09-24-2010 07:46 AM

I'm going to the game tonight, so I'll come back with a full in-depth analysis of his first game with the Habs.

Turtleneck Plek 09-24-2010 08:07 AM

I always followed the kid ever since I drafted him in EHM and always been a huge fan. After having swallowed the pill of the Halak trade, I was ecstatic to have Eller on our team. I think he's going to become a real special player for us, somehow in the Alfredsson mold. I know, it's a bit early for the comparisons but if he achieves his full potential, Alfie is a pretty good comparable player for him I think.

neofury* 09-24-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 27911782)
I don't want him as a winger. I want him to center our third line! :(

For the first time since YEARS, we have a big guy at center and we have to put him on the wing... :(

Hey it's another person who doesn't know the difference of the preseason and regular season commenting on it again. Hooray!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.