HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Wilson names top 6 ATM... via Jonas Siegal. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=821920)

piere McGuire* 09-23-2010 11:27 PM

Wilson names top 6 ATM... via Jonas Siegal.

"Wilson says top two lines right now are Versteeg w/ Bozak and Kessel and Kulemin w/ Grabovski and MacArthur."

http://twitter.com/jonas640

JacobimMugatu 09-23-2010 11:28 PM

Why break up Kulie-Bozak-Kessel??
: (

Flowzak 09-23-2010 11:29 PM

Kulemin should be on the 1st line, his physicality REALLY benefits the other 2. Also, I was wondering what MacArthur has done so far to put him on the 2nd line? Caputi's been much more impressive and I think he'd do better on an offensive role instead of a checking one.

Platinum Seat Leafs 09-23-2010 11:30 PM

Why because after what i saw of versteeg on the LW tonite he would be a great compliement to Bozak and Kessel

CanadasTeam 09-23-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piere McGuire (Post 27916933)
"Wilson says top two lines right now are Versteeg w/ Bozak and Kessel and Kulemin w/ Grabovski and MacArthur."

I understand the rationale with the lines and it's difficult to argue with that.

MacArthur and Colby can easily alternate though, IMO.

Jackothy 09-23-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALDAL (Post 27916982)
Why because after what i saw of versteeg on the LW tonite he would be a great compliement to Bozak and Kessel

:amazed:
Ron? Is that you!?

Fenton 09-23-2010 11:31 PM

No line combos are permanent, it's bound to change if it isn't working so don't get your panties in a knot.

Paris in Flames 09-23-2010 11:31 PM

Grabo and Kulemin have always had decent chemistry as well. Worse things could happen.

Leafidelity 09-23-2010 11:32 PM

I worry we have too many cooks in the kitchen

TootooTrain 09-23-2010 11:33 PM

kulemin onthe 2nd line eh....i guess somone has to have chemistry with grabo and kule is the only one who has shown it. It'll be interesting to see how the top line reacts without kule-aid's forecheck and puck retrieval.

TeamBester 09-23-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paris in Flames (Post 27917015)
Grabo and Kulemin have always had decent chemistry as well. Worse things could happen.

Grabo might need Kuli more than Bozak.

Leafan519 09-23-2010 11:35 PM

These IN THEORY would be the top two lines..but id bet my boots Kule gets re-inserted with Boz and Kessel the moment any lack of chemistry on either line occurs. The top line needs a physical element/guy with some size to dig pucks out in the corners and compliment the smaller skilled guys and kulemin fits the bill

Platinum Seat Leafs 09-23-2010 11:36 PM

Versteeg-Bozak-Kessel

-a skilled line , they can all dangle have a good first pass and skate up the ice quickly

Kulemin-Grabvoski-Macarthur

-kulemin and Macarthur hard nose play compliments grabvoski fast doogy play

ULF_55 09-23-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piere McGuire (Post 27916933)

Good luck with those lines.

Versteeg with Bozak and Kessel?

IMO that won't work.

Professor Dangles 09-23-2010 11:38 PM

Let's not forget the great chemistry Grabs and Kulemin have shown in the past

Drmckool 09-23-2010 11:39 PM

well it's worth a shot i guess

seanlinden 09-23-2010 11:39 PM

That's a mistake IMO. Versteeg is too much of a puck-hog to compliment those guys (who have great chemistry together). While it could work wonders with Bozak feeding both of them, I think it'll result in the Leafs being way too top-heavy. They need Versteeg on a 2nd or 3rd line. He's not going to help Kessel or Bozak score any more goals, and the difference between him on a 1st and 2nd line would problably be only around 5 goals; whereas being put alongside Bozak-Kessel would benefit Kulemin much more.

If you're having trouble following me....

I think Versteeg could score 30 on that line if things went well, but Kulemin would problably be limited to around 15 on a second line. Versteeg on a second line would problably score around 25, whereas Kulemin on the first could also be around that 25-goal range.

crump 09-23-2010 11:41 PM

first impression is this will not work, Kessel and Versteeg are so similar, they want the puck, Bozak can dish to either, but who is going to do the board work.

I will defer to the coach with over 500 wins, but my gut is usually pretty good.

s dubay 09-23-2010 11:42 PM

From 3 games i would put Caputi on that 2nd line instead of Macarthur!Big strong guy to hang out in front of the net!

Andrew Mack 09-23-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 27917113)

IMO that won't work.

Clearly Wilson loves the chemistry between Bozak and Kessel, and Grabovski and Kulemin have been a strong pair together. Versteeg looks like he can play with anyone but I'd be hesitant to pair him with Grabo just because they both love to hold onto the puck.

I think we will have a hard time finding someone to play with Versteeg from what I could see. I think he is a lot like Grabovski in that regard. Maybe a workhorse like Caputi or Hanson with Versteeg would be better.

EzraCurrier 09-23-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

IMO that won't work.

I dont see why not, Versteeg seems like a guy who can have chemistry with almost anyone, hes a good playmaker and a good scorer. Kessel and Bozak clearly work together. Its not unheard of to have 3 average sized fowards making up a top line, Montreal anyone?

ULF_55 09-23-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crump (Post 27917162)
first impression is this will not work, Kessel and Versteeg are so similar, they want the puck, Bozak can dish to either, but who is going to do the board work.

I will defer to the coach with over 500 wins, but my gut is usually pretty good.

Yes, but that coach is also the coach for the Leafs the past 2 seasons.

HellasLEAF 09-23-2010 11:44 PM

uhhh, this flies against everything Wilson has said. I'm sorry, I don't believe that top line.

the top line will be Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel. It has to!!

they have been together since scrimmages!!!

Guy Boucher 09-23-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

IMO that won't work.

I don't think it'll work either.

Versteeg is a bit of a problem for us. The first line is all about getting the puck on Kessel's stick, whereas Versteeg likes to keep the puck on his stick and dangle.

On the second line, Grabovski loves the puck on his stick, which would clash with Versteeg...the same way Versteeg and Kadri are clashing.

It's a problem for our line chemistry. A good problem, but a problem.

Ratboy 09-23-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenton (Post 27917012)
No line combos are permanent, it's bound to change if it isn't working so don't get your panties in a knot.

This. If it doesn't work then they'll try something else.