HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   What one-piece composite has the properties of the Sherwood PMP 5030 SC Feather Lite? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=822058)

nuckss 09-24-2010 01:00 PM

What one-piece composite has the properties of the Sherwood PMP 5030 SC Feather Lite?
 
HI,

Subject says it all. After my z-bubble broke I got a Dolomite Warrior II stick and I hate it. I find it too stiff, and it is very uncomfortable if you are taking a lot of hard shots.

Back in the day, I used the PMP 5030 and I just bought another one.

I like it alot but compared to the composites, it is heavy, and probably not as durable. I used to go through one every three games. That gets expensive.

So, which one piece composite feels most like this stick? Like I say, I find most of the composites too stiff. It seems all I find (even at Cyclone Taylor in Vancouver) is 100 flex and a few 85 flex.

The dolomite claimed to be 85 flex but I find it very stiff.

Help me out! :yo:

ponder 09-24-2010 02:38 PM

I recently got a 77 flex one95 (from the Cyclone Taylor at 49th and Oak, actually), and it's the closest I've ever had to that wood stick feel in a composite, more of a soft, whippy feel than you get in a lot of other composites, which can feel really stiff/pingy. Expensive though.

Seanconn* 09-24-2010 02:46 PM

5030 PMP composite?

nuckss 09-24-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanconn (Post 27924855)
5030 PMP composite?


Does that really exist?

x BEUKEBOOM x 09-24-2010 02:54 PM

I miss those sherwood 7000 woodies.

The Chelios had great balance.

nuckss 09-24-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponder (Post 27924705)
I recently got a 77 flex one95 (from the Cyclone Taylor at 49th and Oak, actually), and it's the closest I've ever had to that wood stick feel in a composite, more of a soft, whippy feel than you get in a lot of other composites, which can feel really stiff/pingy. Expensive though.


How much did it cost?

Jarick 09-24-2010 03:56 PM

What's your height and weight? You might want to try a 75 flex.

A good two-piece might be up your alley...a 77 flex One95 shaft with a wood blade would have a similar feel, same kind of kick point, but lighter weight and better performance and durability.

nuckss 09-24-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 27925943)
What's your height and weight? You might want to try a 75 flex.

I definitely think a 75 flex would be good. The thing is, my Z-Bubble was an 85 flex and I liked it a lot. The Dolomite 85 flex must be more like a 100 flex Z-Bubble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 27925943)
A good two-piece might be up your alley...a 77 flex One95 shaft with a wood blade would have a similar feel, same kind of kick point, but lighter weight and better performance and durability.

I tried the Z-Bubble with a wood blade at first and then got a composite focus flex and it performed better and was a bit lighter as well.

DevsFan84 09-24-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuckss (Post 27923261)
HI,

Subject says it all. After my z-bubble broke I got a Dolomite Warrior II stick and I hate it. I find it too stiff, and it is very uncomfortable if you are taking a lot of hard shots.

Back in the day, I used the PMP 5030 and I just bought another one.

I like it alot but compared to the composites, it is heavy, and probably not as durable. I used to go through one every three games. That gets expensive.

So, which one piece composite feels most like this stick? Like I say, I find most of the composites too stiff. It seems all I find (even at Cyclone Taylor in Vancouver) is 100 flex and a few 85 flex.

The dolomite claimed to be 85 flex but I find it very stiff.

Help me out! :yo:

I would suggest a 77 flex one95.

madmutter 09-24-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuckss (Post 27924892)
Does that really exist?

They sure do but I've never played with one so I don't know if they feel the same as the woodies or not. The graphics on them are sweet though, looks just like a 5030 should.

http://prohockeylife.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=114

nuckss 09-24-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmutter (Post 27926980)
They sure do but I've never played with one so I don't know if they feel the same as the woodies or not. The graphics on them are sweet though, looks just like a 5030 should.

http://prohockeylife.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=114


I'll have to check it out although I wouldn't mind if it was lighter than the wood ones.

wearethegreek 09-24-2010 08:16 PM

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=SW53C

slightly cheaper and if you are an IWIN member you get extra 10% i think off

ponder 09-25-2010 03:44 PM

My previous stick was a Sherwood RM8, I always liked their woodies too and picked it up cause it was heavily on sale (supposed to retail for close to $150 I think, got it for $50), and it was the worst composite I've used, terrible puck feel, felt very inflexible despite being an 85 flex. Quite a bit worse than the bottom of the line Reebok and Bauer sticks I've used. Maybe the 5030 is totally different, but my only experience with a Sherwood comp was a bad one, so if at all possible try before you buy.

Also, a warning about ordering online - sounds like you're from Vancouver, if you order from an American website you'll almost certainly have to pay a tonne of duty at the border. I've never order hockey gear from the states, but have ordered snowboard gear, and got whacked big time. If you know someone in Seattle or Point Roberts or somewhere close like that you could order online to their house then drive down and pick it up and sneak it back (could be worth it if you wanna visit that person anyways), but otherwise watch out for big time tax payments.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.