HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NHL Draft - Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   F Alexander Khokhlachev (2011, 40th overall, Boston) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=823112)

dynamo 01-17-2009 04:19 PM

Alexander Khokhlachev

Has anyone seen 2011 draft prospect Alexander Khokhlachev with Spartak and what do you think of him? Any new info greatly appreciated.

seadawg 09-27-2010 02:11 PM

F Alexander Khokhlachev (2011, 40th overall, Boston)

Someone talk to me about this guy. I don't know much about him, but see that he is off to a hot start for Windsor. I remember reading a while back that he was coming to the CHL and that he is a decent player, but has anyone seen him play and can they provide a scouting report about him? Where does he project to be taken in the NHL next year? Is he a first-round talent?

Thanks in advance.

The Scouting Report 09-27-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seadawg (Post 27973974)
Someone talk to me about this guy. I don't know much about him, but see that he is off to a hot start for Windsor. I remember reading a while back that he was coming to the CHL and that he is a decent player, but has anyone seen him play and can they provide a scouting report about him? Where does he project to be taken in the NHL next year? Is he a first-round talent?

Thanks in advance.

I saw him a couple times on TV this weekend and he looked real good. Very elusive with the puck and has some real nifty hands and stickhandles well in tight. He's got good vision and drove the net well for a small guy as well. Was especially good on the powerplay. He's definitely a first round caliber talent, and he could be a guy that rises quite a bit this year as he'll be getting a huge opportunity to showcase himself with the Spits. I'm looking forward to seeing him live.

JEI 09-27-2010 06:10 PM

Highly skilled, elusively quick skater who seems to play the game one step ahead of everyone else.

Seems to 'dive' a little from what I've seen so far (or maybe just gets knocked down eary), but nothing too problematic.

Wouldn't shock me to see him rise in a Alex Burmistrov like fashion if he keeps his play up.

scoutman1 09-27-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello (Post 27978225)
Highly skilled, elusively quick skater who seems to play the game one step ahead of everyone else.

Seems to 'dive' a little from what I've seen so far (or maybe just gets knocked down eary), but nothing too problematic.

Wouldn't shock me to see him rise in a Alex Burmistrov like fashion if he keeps his play up.

raise in what fashion...according to ISS list...IMO that list needs A LOT of work...he is a top 10 talent for the draft IMO, the guy is a leader, fun to watch, high skill, works in the defensive end too.

Tormentor 01-20-2011 10:43 AM

Latest RLR ranking: 9th
Latest ISS ranking: 15th
McKenzie's Mid-term rankings: 42th
CS Mid-season rankings for North America: 45th

His ranking seems to be all over the place. KHL-factor might have played a role in McKenzie's Mid-Term Rankings, but still, he seems to be one of the wild cards in this year's draft. Is he closer to the top-10 or the 2nd round, what do you think?

One interesting thing is that he's one of the youngest prospects in this year's draft. 2012 Draft prospects Nail Yakupov and Martin Frk are only 4 weeks younger than him.

seadawg 01-20-2011 11:34 AM

He's definitely a wildcard, imo. His situation reminds me a bit of Burmistrov's situation last year.

I think he is one of the most intriguing prospects in the upcoming draft.

john g 01-20-2011 12:39 PM

how is his name pronounced?

is it a C/K sound or is it like like khudobin

R S 01-20-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john g (Post 30334515)

Coke-La-Chev (not like Chevy)

I think.

CowbellConray 01-20-2011 01:35 PM

From what I hear there really isnt a big chance that he will hop to the KHL. I like the kid, and he competes very well.

As a Sabres fan this would be a guy that I would trade up to get if he is available around 30. He is a very high risk high reward type player. And he is very young so he can still develop even more than the other picks.

Zack Kassian said that he had never had as much chemistry with anyone else than when he had it with him. He said that he always found a way to get Zack the puck at the right time and in the right place, and was always one step ahead.

bsmith14 01-20-2011 02:56 PM

he is a young 1993 as well, why wasnt he invited to the top prospects game? a lot of rankings have him ahead of namestnikov

Dr.Sens(e) 01-20-2011 04:43 PM

I don't get it. I mean, I can understand the rankings being all over the place, but I simply couldn't understand him not being invited to the prospects game. You look at his age, pedigree and production, and he should be top 20.

UkraineTrain 01-20-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john g (Post 30334515)

It's like khudobin. both kh pronounce like H. Hoh (like hoch in German) - la - chyov (soft o)

john g 01-20-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UkraineTrain (Post 30339456)
It's like khudobin. both kh pronounce like H. Hoh (like hoch in German) - la - chyov (soft o)

thanks for the reply.......other country's languages intrigue me, which is why I asked. is the "KH" together always pronounced as such?

Wham City 01-20-2011 11:49 PM

Definitely an intriguing player, would love him to fall to the second.

Alessandro Seren Rosso 01-21-2011 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john g (Post 30350031)
thanks for the reply.......other country's languages intrigue me, which is why I asked. is the "KH" together always pronounced as such?

Yes, it is. It's just transcription after all

Alessandro Seren Rosso 01-21-2011 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazy_Eyez (Post 30353759)
Definitely an intriguing player, would love him to fall to the second.

Just like any other Russian I hope that he falls a bit and gets to a better team :)

JEI 01-29-2011 10:00 AM

He scored 4 goals last night against Kitchener. Kid has great skill, it'll be a shame if he isn't a top 30 pick. Has 28 goals and 59 points on the season.

http://www.windsorspitfires.com/video/index

UkraineTrain 01-29-2011 04:04 PM

He will be a stud

JeromeHP 01-29-2011 04:32 PM

Pengo 01-29-2011 04:37 PM

I hope Buffalo gets him. As someone said in this thread, he apparently had really good chemistry with Zack Kassian at the beginning of the season.

Would it be a reach to take him around #9 - #12 or so?

Bylsmagic 01-29-2011 08:52 PM

The Pens board has fallen hard for him, as he centers Kuhnhackel and their progress is linked. Really like what I hear about him.

Rare Jewel 01-29-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello (Post 30529963)
He scored 4 goals last night against Kitchener. Kid has great skill, it'll be a shame if he isn't a top 30 pick. Has 28 goals and 59 points on the season.

http://www.windsorspitfires.com/video/index

No it wouldn't ;)

Between 34 and 38 would be fine. :D

4Isles4* 01-30-2011 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter25 (Post 30367630)
He will be a bust. It is the CHL curse.

its shame to see the talent that Kabonov had and now hes regressing so bad.....i though we had a special player(hockey skill)

Hockeysemin 02-03-2011 12:30 PM