HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: 8 More Bite The Dust (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=823337)

gizmo12688 09-27-2010 09:46 PM

8 More Bite The Dust
 
Quote:

Panthers make cuts to Rochester: Dadonov, Plante, Duco, Thomas, Timmins, Repik, Grant. Howden back to juniors..
Didn't think Dadonov or Timmins would be gone yet.

TimHortons 09-27-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo12688 (Post 27984290)
Didn't think Dadonov or Timmins would be gone yet.

Can't say I disagree with any of 'em. Kinda surprised Peters wasn't included and did I miss Callahan getting sent down?

Dread Clawz 09-27-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimHortons (Post 27984378)
Can't say I disagree with any of 'em. Kinda surprised Peters wasn't included and did I miss Callahan getting sent down?

No, Cally wasn't sent down yet.

Clint 09-28-2010 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 27984799)
No, Cally wasn't sent down yet.

That's what I don't understand. Our best player in the preseason is gone, but Callahan is not.

Dread Clawz 09-28-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint (Post 27987760)
That's what I don't understand. Our best player in the preseason is gone, but Callahan is not.

Who was our best player? Dadonov?? No he wasn't.

lewis black 09-28-2010 08:03 AM

Robak
 
Is he still in camp? How's he looked?

Clint 09-28-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 27987967)
Who was our best player? Dadonov?? No he wasn't.

Excuse me, in camp.

TimHortons 09-28-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis black (Post 27988181)
Is he still in camp? How's he looked?

Sent down to Rochester. He's in camp with them right now.

Based on some reports, he looked decent in camp but still needs to refine the defensive aspects to his game.

King Panther 09-28-2010 10:24 AM

Anyone think Dady will make good on his word and go to the KHL? I dont think so, but if he does so be it, there's no room for that type of attitude on this team.

sabrefan27 09-28-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Panther (Post 27989786)
Anyone think Dady will make good on his word and go to the KHL? I dont think so, but if he does so be it, there's no room for that type of attitude on this team.

He's already said he won't.

King Panther 09-28-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 27989829)
He's already said he won't.

Good to hear. I hadnt read that anywhere. Kid might be good in a few years if he works hard. I still have reservations about him and Repik though for size reasons, but hope they both prove me wrong.

Panteras 09-28-2010 10:48 AM

it's really sad in my opinion, because if it wasn't for Olesz's ridiculous contract Dady and others would take Rotiscrap's spot anyday

ShootIt 09-28-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panteras (Post 27990164)
it's really sad in my opinion, because if it wasn't for Olesz's ridiculous contract Dady and others would take Rotiscrap's spot anyday

You would want Dadanov getting 4th line minutes with the big club?
I think the signing of Higgins ruined any chance of Dadanov making the big club this year. Top 9 or back to the AHL imo.

I don't mind him going back to the AHL, logging more minutes per game and improving on his defensive game.

Hip to be Square 09-28-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panteras (Post 27990164)
it's really sad in my opinion, because if it wasn't for Olesz's ridiculous contract Dady and others would take Rotiscrap's spot anyday

I find it rather comical olesz is still getting praise for being invisible in games and accomplishing absolutely nothing to contribute to winning.

Hip to be Square 09-28-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootIt (Post 27990639)
You would want Dadanov getting 4th line minutes with the big club?
I think the signing of Higgins ruined any chance of Dadanov making the big club this year. Top 9 or back to the AHL imo.

I don't mind him going back to the AHL, logging more minutes per game and improving on his defensive game.

I could really see dadanov helping out our powerplay. His offensive instincts and skills are more polished than the majority of our top six. Stinks to see him cut.

FlaPanthers7 09-28-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip to be Square (Post 27991211)
I could really see dadanov helping out our powerplay. His offensive instincts and skills are more polished than the majority of our top six. Stinks to see him cut.

Yeah but he's young and I'd rather see him get top line minutes in Rochester than 4th line checking minutes here. He could use 1 more year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's called up during the season if we need a spark.

Laus723 09-28-2010 12:44 PM

I wish Duco and Dadonov were still with the big club, if not for any other reason than Dadonov played well and could maybe use the confidence boost and Duco is a scrapper. Looks like it was a pretty foregone conclusion that both of them would start in Rochester, so I'm fine with it.

Hope they talked to Dads before they sent him, he did very well and as Rattrick said, he and I were very impressed with what we saw of him live and the rest of the games he played to close last season. Another year in the A can only help him, I think he has a good future in front of him.

Dread Clawz 09-28-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint (Post 27988546)
Excuse me, in camp.

Yeah, but in the main camp he wasn't anything special.

sbtatter 09-28-2010 04:35 PM

Is Robak still in main camp?

AwesomePanthers 09-28-2010 04:48 PM

Repik and Dadonov couldn't make the team.. hmm.. I guess they thought they would be better off playing top6 minutes in the AHL.

RainingRats 09-28-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers (Post 27996485)
Repik and Dadonov couldn't make the team.. hmm.. I guess they thought they would be better off playing top6 minutes in the AHL.

Top 6 minutes are much more beneficial to their development. They'll get some call-ups.

JP Mick 09-28-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 (Post 27991783)
Yeah but he's young and I'd rather see him get top line minutes in Rochester than 4th line checking minutes here. He could use 1 more year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's called up during the season if we need a spark.

Same goes for Repik IMO.

JP Mick 09-28-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip to be Square (Post 27991155)
I find it rather comical olesz is still getting praise for being invisible in games and accomplishing absolutely nothing to contribute to winning.

I think any praise he gets is just because he has been working hard and playing a little more physical. I'm not ready to write him off yet. As others have said this is a make or break year for him, so I'll give him the full season.

sabrefan27 09-28-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers (Post 27996485)
Repik and Dadonov couldn't make the team.. hmm.. I guess they thought they would be better off playing top6 minutes in the AHL.

And they would be right. McArdle would actually be best suited for the teams last forward spot. If he can stay healthy, he's very effective.

RainingRats 09-28-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrefan27 (Post 28001937)
And they would be right. McArdle would actually be best suited for the teams last forward spot. If he can stay healthy, he's very effective.

Agreed. McArdle will never be a top 6 forward but can be a very effective bottom line guy. Dadanov and Repik are useless on the fourth line.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.