HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Timander gone for good? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=82346)

Pontifex Maximus* 06-06-2004 12:26 PM

Timander gone for good?

I thought he just signed a deal in Europe just in case but in the paper today Pany said it was for good. What's the deal?

Chevy Cheveldae 06-06-2004 06:01 PM

many newspapers over here speculate that he will come home and play for MoDo the upcoming season - the same goes for basiclly all former MoDo-players in the NHL

but it's not confirmed, MoDo has not had a press conference yet, as they will probably wait to see what happens during the summer with all the lockout talk

My guess is that Timander will sign for MoDo and stay there - i belive he has kids too (not sure) and he might want to raise them in Sweden...who knows :dunno:

Grant Dovey 06-06-2004 07:33 PM

He is getting married this summer.

Nikkowar 06-06-2004 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goflyguys
He is getting married this summer.

Your avatar is too cute....

oh well, so Timi's leaving,hm........who should replace him?
any ideas?

RoDu 06-06-2004 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PizzapieZeppelin18
Your avatar is too cute....

oh well, so Timi's leaving,hm........who should replace him?
any ideas?

we'll have a healthy Desjardins to take his spot on the roster, and Seidenberg and Ruggeri who can be called up in an instant

Nikkowar 06-06-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
we'll have a healthy Desjardins to take his spot on the roster, and Seidenberg and Ruggeri who can be called up in an instant

Yeah,that's what I thought.

GKJ 06-07-2004 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
I thought he just signed a deal in Europe just in case but in the paper today Pany said it was for good. What's the deal?

'Pany' isn't much of a source

Dr Love 06-07-2004 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus

That's not what it said. It said he signed in Europe and that the Flyers were not planning on re-signing him.

fan mao rong 06-07-2004 12:26 PM

Yeah, that's right. It also said he was a group 5 free agent, which I have not seen elsewhere. If he's not a group 5 but a group 2, as most say, all they got to do is make the qualifying offer and retain his rights till he's 31, if things remain the same. Got to check if he's got 10 years as a professional to check on that group 5 thing.

Pontifex Maximus* 06-07-2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
'Pany' isn't much of a source

True. I'd take our Pany over him.

fan mao rong 06-11-2004 02:58 PM

I looked it up. By my count, Timmander has 8 years as a professional. I say Pinaccio's article, with the Group 5 free agent thing, is incorrect. If Timmander is not a group 5, but a group 2, his rights can be retained with a qualifying offer, which(with Timmander playing in Sweden, would be cost free. Then, if there is play this season, Modo's season ends, and Philly needs him, they can sign him at the end of the year.