HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Western Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   IIHF 2011 U20 Swiss Team (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=823625)

MB94 09-28-2010 04:12 PM

IIHF 2011 U20 Swiss Team

Who are we going to see on the team roster? Last year you guys finished in 4th and Conz was awarded the best goalie of the tourney.
I am a huge fan of Swiss hockey and I am really excited to see Conz play again, if he makes the team and all the other upcoming Swiss prospects.
BTW is there a tryout or camp roster out yet for the Swiss?

swissexpert 09-28-2010 04:43 PM

Do you mean the u20 or the first roster?

For our first roster, it's too early for Conz I think.
It could look like that in the future:

Hiller
Stephan
Genoni
Manzato/Conz
Flüeler/Berra/Saikkonen

(I'm not mentioning veterans like Gerber, Bührer or Rüeger because of age)

Goaltending is pretty much our strongest position, and I would call Conz at #3 or 4 for the upcoming WC (without Hiller, who won't be on the WC roster).
But like I said sometimes before, I believe in him and he really can have a chance if he progresses well and finds a better club to play with. Maybe somewhere abroad.
But I have some good news for you, his season was very good so far (maybe you know already). He was 4-2-0 with a GAA of 2.4 and 2 SO. Thats impressive because the team he is playing on is predicted to finish at seed nr. 10-12 out of 12.

MB94 09-28-2010 06:27 PM

I'm talking about U20 where last year the Swiss lost the bronze medal game and Conz was the best goalie of the tourney. Is there any news on the tryout/camp roster yet? I know Canada and USA are out I believe.
And yes I've been following Conz often and very pleased with how he has been doing, I really hope he make the NHL soon.

peachy89 09-28-2010 07:34 PM

do you mean something like that?
http://www.swiss-icehockey.ch/SIH/na...20_ansicht.php

MB94 09-28-2010 07:47 PM

Is that their final roster???
BTW where is Conz in the picture :P

peachy89 09-28-2010 08:04 PM

i doubt it, there're 32 guys on that roster and isn't it too early for a final roster?!
well, on the group photograph, a few guys are missing. this guys play often in our highest league, so i guess they haven't time for the photoshooting ;)

duga 09-29-2010 10:57 AM

They will play another 2 tournaments and some pre-championship games before Buffalo. It's not all that easy this year, cause the oldest eligible age group (91's) is pretty average. I guess there will be quite a few later born players on the squad.

I'll give it a try:

Goalie:
Conz is a lock as the starter

Defense:
the 91 corps look better than 1-2 years ago, but still nothing special. 92 isn't looking too bright as well. 93 will be strong, but very young.
IMO talentwise it will be quite average without any real (or ready) stud.

Probable locks:

91:Loeffel, Schlumpf, Camperchioli, Steiner

92:Truttmann (if available)

In the mix to make the team:

91: Mettler, Huguenin, Untersander, El Assaoui

92: D. Sutter (if available), Eigenmann, Vermeille

93: Kukan, Guerra

and probably some others I forgot.

I'll do the forwards later.

swissexpert 09-29-2010 11:46 AM

Thanks for this list!
-Schlumpf is also playing in NA, so we also don't know if available.
-Untersander is injured by now, but I don't know for how long.

I'm very impressed by the '93 generation, I've already heard from them a lot more than from some 91er there..

duga 09-30-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissexpert (Post 28011559)
Thanks for this list!
-Schlumpf is also playing in NA, so we also don't know if available.
-Untersander is injured by now, but I don't know for how long.

I'm very impressed by the '93 generation, I've already heard from them a lot more than from some 91er there..

yep, you're right about schlumpf.
Didn't know about Untersander.

Will be a little tricky to predict the offense. It's stronger than the Defense, I believe, but wide open as well. The 91ers generation isn't to deep, as opposed to the 92ers thats (beside the 89ers) the deepest attacking talent pool for Switzerland I've seen.

Obvious Choices:

91: Pestoni, T.Scherwey, Schäppi, McGregor

92:Niederreiter, S. Bärtschi (both only if available), Hoffmann (could be a sleeper for this years draft, already plays NLA)

Good shot:

91:Engler, Holenstein, Reymondin, Mottet

92: Walser, Haas, Vermin

and some others. unlikley but some 93ers like Martschini and Andrighetto are said to be really talented...and some guy called Bertaggia already left his (well hidden at he beginning...) blade prints in NA.