HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   GDT: PS #4 - 09.29.2010 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=823743)

Loffen 09-28-2010 09:06 PM

PS #4 - 09.29.2010 | Detroit Red Wings @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)
 


http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/608...eadersmall.jpg




THE MATCHUP:

http://cdn.nhl.com/redwings/images/logos/large.png @ http://cdn.nhl.com/rangers/images/logos/large.png
[2-2-0] _______ [2-1-0]


7:00 PM ET
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY
MSG (HD)



ONLINE STREAM(S)







http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2...dernewsgdt.png


GAME LINKS:

NHL Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@DET 9/26/10 - NHL.com - Rangers Official Web Site - Wings Official Web Site
NY Post - Jesse Spector - Andrew Gross - Yahoo Sports - MSG.com - ESPN.com - TSN.ca




PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/6...easonsched.png



QUOTE TO NOTE:

“We have to decide upon the best lineup and where they all fit.
We also have to figure out the proper balance in the lineup. We need to get the team ready to play.”

- John Tortorella



___________________________________


TEAM LINEUPS:


http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/det_comp.gif

Johan Franzen - Valtteri Filppula - Todd Bertuzzi
Jiri Hudler - Justin Abdelkader - Drew Miller
Mattias Ritola - Darren Helm - Patrick Eaves
Joakim Andersson - Cory Emmerton - Jan Mursak

Niklas Kronwall - Jonathan Ericsson
Jakub Kindl - Brian Rafalski
Doug Janik - Brendan Smith

Jimmy Howard
Joey MacDonald




http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/nyr_comp.gif

Alexander Frolov - Erik Christensen - Marian Gaborik
Sean Avery - Derek Stepan - Ruslan Fedotenko
Tim Kennedy - Artem Anisimov - Ryan Callahan
Derek Boogaard - Todd White - Brandon Prust

Marc Staal - Mike Sauer
Michal Rozsival - Michael Del Zotto
Matt Gilroy - Pavel Valentenko

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron



______________________________

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2...dtheader2a.jpg



Mint Berry Crunch 09-28-2010 09:10 PM

Let's go, Rangers!

BlueshirtBlitz 09-28-2010 09:16 PM

I'm actually going to be at the Garden for this! Let's go Rangers!

Without derailing the thread though, anyone know where I can go to try and grab autographs and stuff? I figure they'd be more willing to do so during pre-season.

bettercallstaal 09-28-2010 09:21 PM

We're getting close to the regular season! LGR

hpNYR 09-28-2010 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 28002611)
I'm actually going to be at the Garden for this! Let's go Rangers!

Without derailing the thread though, anyone know where I can go to try and grab autographs and stuff? I figure they'd be more willing to do so during pre-season.

After the game-- When you go around the garden you'll see a gated area which will probably have quite a few people waiting for autographs.The garden garage is also there. You've got to wait for a while though; and slowly the players begin to come out of there usually going across the street to that restaurant/or theyre coming out of the garage with their cars.

Kane One 09-28-2010 09:34 PM

Going to the game. LGR!

RyanBozak 09-28-2010 09:34 PM

I'll be there for once, tomorrow. Going with a friend of mine. Seriously hoping we see a goal scored by us considering the last game we both went together we were shut out by Florida 4-0.

Either way, glad to see some of the kids play live.

NYRFAN218 09-28-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 28002611)
I'm actually going to be at the Garden for this! Let's go Rangers!

Without derailing the thread though, anyone know where I can go to try and grab autographs and stuff? I figure they'd be more willing to do so during pre-season.

Type autographs into the forum search and the big thread about it should pop up. Some of the things may have changed since the area around MSG looks like a construction zone because of the renovation but it gives you the general sense of where to go.

Wayne Simmonds* 09-28-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaneone (Post 28003113)
Going to the game. LGR!

Where are you sitting?

Kane One 09-28-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahjahka (Post 28004352)
Where are you sitting?

329, but I'm probably going to walk around to center and probably walk either up or down since it's aisle seats and I don't want all the people who are walking blocking my view. Hopefully if it's not sold out I'll walk down to the 200's.

Ail 09-28-2010 10:36 PM

LGR!

Win this one!

Actually I don't care if they win or lose, I just hope we get some solid play.

silverfish 09-28-2010 10:45 PM

Personally (assuming he's playing) I hope this is White's last game in a Rangers uniform.

Other then that I just want to see some hard work, and I love watching this dman battle play out in front of our eyes, even though I think McD and Gilroy are at the head of the pack.

Can't wait for 10/9 here in Buffalo :yo:

RangerBlue62 09-29-2010 12:26 AM

Love the 2001 intro. I really miss that song. Grew up listening to that before Rangers games.

Inferno 09-29-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple McIlwraath (Post 28006682)
Love the 2001 intro. I really miss that song. Grew up listening to that before Rangers games.

Ditto.

Fitzy 09-29-2010 08:56 AM

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Frolov-Christensen-Gaborik
Kennedy-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko
Boogaard-White-Prust

Dubinsky-Prospal-Boyle (Will not play)



Torts said that both Sauer and Valentenko would dress

KotsyJr 09-29-2010 09:03 AM

w00t. Something to watch tonight.

LGR.

RGY 09-29-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 28008953)
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

Frolov-Christensen-Gaborik
Kennedy-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko
Boogaard-White-Prust

Dubinsky-Prospal-Boyle (Will not play)



Torts said that both Sauer and Valentenko would dress

I feel like Torts is moving away from putting stepan in between gabby and frolov. EC had more shifts with them the other night than stepan did. Tonight EC gets the start at center between them. I'm sure stepan will get some shifts with them, but I'd rather see him get the majority of the time.

Fitzy 09-29-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch (Post 28009352)
I feel like Torts is moving away from putting stepan in between gabby and frolov. EC had more shifts with them the other night than stepan did. Tonight EC gets the start at center between them. I'm sure stepan will get some shifts with them, but I'd rather see him get the majority of the time.

I feel the same way. And I think Christensen honestly looked better in his time between them.

Stepan will have the best NHL career of our group of prospects, i'm sure, but Im not 100% certain hes ready for the #1 center role right out of college.

92hatchattack 09-29-2010 09:57 AM

I will loose all faith in Torts if STepan does not make the team. He is ready to play in the NHL. Christenses is a waste and should be moved.

Vitto79 09-29-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92hatchattack (Post 28009710)
I will loose all faith in Torts if STepan does not make the team. He is ready to play in the NHL. Christenses is a waste and should be moved.

The Wings lineup looks weaker so I think the Rangers take it 2nite.

If they go with Stepan great but if they send him down I understand. Its not like he wont come back up. Christiensen is just holding a spot until they finally get a #1 C

I can see a Grachev,Gilroy, Christiensen for a Richards at the deadline but who knows

Lets see who can win a spot on the team 2nite

offdacrossbar 09-29-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY (Post 28009369)
I feel the same way. And I think Christensen honestly looked better in his time between them.

Stepan will have the best NHL career of our group of prospects, i'm sure, but Im not 100% certain hes ready for the #1 center role right out of college.

ec should not be the 1c. period.

then again, neither should stepan. right now.

i am not, nor will i ever be, sold on ec playing top minutes for this team.

no way.

ill take prospal over him at the 1c every single time.

Loffen 09-29-2010 11:01 AM

Lundqvist will play the entire game tonight. NYR Lineup updated.

Fitzy 09-29-2010 11:15 AM

I have waited legitimately 5 years to see that Staal-Sauer pairing that was talked about when we drafted them

n_a_c 09-29-2010 11:25 AM

Got my full cable & MSG back yesterday, so get to watch the game tonight. Woo-hoo! LGR!

(I was cheap over the summer and disabled most channels)

ZacUSNYR 09-29-2010 11:26 AM

I like that lineup - rotate the first 3 centers and test chemistry.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.