HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rumor: Swedish newspaper: Lilja close to signing with Sharks;UPD released (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=824298)

LadyStanley 09-30-2010 08:48 AM

Swedish newspaper: Lilja close to signing with Sharks;UPD released
 
http://translate.google.com/translat...ll-ha-mig-kvar

(Google translate) Headline: They want me to stay

Fugu 09-30-2010 09:21 AM

I'm all for the Sharkies signing Lilypad.


:naughty:

one2gamble 09-30-2010 09:36 AM

that sucks

hes just this weird combo of wallin and huskins

sjshrky27 09-30-2010 10:03 AM

what the hell, sign him.
but keep it cheap DW

Admiral* 09-30-2010 10:40 AM

No. He's not needed. No since in blowing more cap space on yet another bottom pairing defenseman.

Matalvatz 09-30-2010 11:01 AM

Isn't it possible for a player to elevate his game when he goes to another team? He looked good last night, and not just because of the goal he scored. I say sign him for depth and keep it cheap. I'm way more worried about goal tending, so I say sign more veteran D to help out the goal tending.

bigsjfan 09-30-2010 11:08 AM

If we sign him, it makes one of our more expensive bottom pairing D-men expendable in a trade. Might give us the depth to package someone with prospects and or picks for a top 4 d-man.

sjshrky27 09-30-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matalvatz (Post 28030839)
Isn't it possible for a player to elevate his game when he goes to another team? He looked good last night, and not just because of the goal he scored. I say sign him for depth and keep it cheap. I'm way more worried about goal tending, so I say sign more veteran D to help out the goal tending.

I completly agree with you. IMO, I thought he played fine last night. And just because you give a guy a contract does not mean you cannot send him to the minors, or release/trade him if something better comes along later in the season.

Its obvious the sharks need something for the D. And we all know DW has spent most of the summer trying to fix it.

Perhaps this is the only option at the moment. But IMO, it makes the Sharks more flexable, and adds some depth with NHL experience.

one2gamble 09-30-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjshrky27 (Post 28030963)
But IMO, it makes the Sharks more flexable, and adds some depth with NHL experience.

Explain how eating up more cap space on bottom pairing dmen make the Sharks more flexable.

Im really not sure what everyone was watching last night. He didnt do anything and he was playing against a AHL line up. Moore is a better option at this point.

sjshrky27 09-30-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one2gamble (Post 28031392)
Explain how eating up more cap space on bottom pairing dmen make the Sharks more flexable.

Im really not sure what everyone was watching last night. He didnt do anything and he was playing against a AHL line up. Moore is a better option at this point.


sjshrky27-
"But IMO, it makes the Sharks more flexable, and adds some depth with NHL experience."

I was watching the Sharks last night. I also watched Lilja play a decent game. Dont see a problem with it. But hey- Im just a fan. I dont act like Im a GM...

ArGarBarGar 09-30-2010 12:24 PM

Please, yes.

USF Shark 09-30-2010 12:39 PM

he played alright last night. And I'm not surprised they're going to sign him.

one2gamble 09-30-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USF Shark (Post 28032531)
he played alright last night. And I'm not surprised they're going to sign him.

He played against an ahl team....

Sharkway Drive 09-30-2010 12:46 PM

interesting, According to FTF moore is in on the flight for europe. I wonder how they are going to figure this one out.

USF Shark 09-30-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one2gamble (Post 28032619)
He played against an ahl team....

As did Moore, and Moore was pretty bad.

likewall32 09-30-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one2gamble (Post 28032619)
He played against an ahl team....

So did everyone else in teal, and he was one of the better blueliners out there.

Preseason is not a competition against the other team, but all the guys wearing the same color jerseys as you. Lilja was towards the top of that battle last night.

Ninja Hertl 09-30-2010 12:58 PM

I feel like DW was showcasing a lot of the young prospects in the Pre to set up a trade. Like someone said above, if we could swing huslins / pick / good prospect (greiss? mash? ferriero?) for a GOOD top 4 I would be satisfied.

And before people stomp on the names I listed, remember you gotta give to get. Other teams have probably figured out that DW is pursuing a d-man so no one is going to hand the sharks a gift.

Led Zappa 09-30-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkohol (Post 28032915)
I feel like DW was showcasing a lot of the young prospects in the Pre to set up a trade. Like someone said above, if we could swing huslins / pick / good prospect (greiss? mash? ferriero?) for a GOOD top 4 I would be satisfied.

And before people stomp on the names I listed, remember you gotta give to get. Other teams have probably figured out that DW is pursuing a d-man so no one is going to hand the sharks a gift.

In this market the Sharks will need to overpay IMO and much consternation will ensue on this board, but it needs to be done.

Signing Lilja will be a plus for this team.

one2gamble 09-30-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likewall32 (Post 28032696)
So did everyone else in teal, and he was one of the better blueliners out there.

Preseason is not a competition against the other team, but all the guys wearing the same color jerseys as you. Lilja was towards the top of that battle last night.

but what does he bring over the other people in the Defensive core? He doesnt add anything that isnt already there, he doesnt add speed, he doesnt add a shutdown capability he doesnt add a big shot. I would be all for some kind of movement on Defense and I dont mind him on the back end but unless hes replacing Huskins for a million or less I dont see what he brings. I would rather let Moore stay and give him a shot at developing into an NHL dman. I also think hes at risk if the Sharks send him down.

There has to be a trade coming.

hockeyball 09-30-2010 01:14 PM

My take on it is this.

Lilja will be signed. He's better than Wallin or Huskins, and will probably come near league minimum.

Moore has been solid, but needs more NHL time to get a real determination. DW needs to give ONE of the kids a chance, and I think it's going to be Moore, at least short term.

Joslin we've barely seen, and is on very thin ice. I think the org wants to see how he responds in the AHL before they give him anymore NHl time.

Wallin is injured. We can hope fairly long term. If not, he's a problem because he can't be moved. He only has a NTC though (not NMC) so he could be waived (DO IT)

Huskins is expendable but the only real possibility I see at this point is waiving him, which seems somewhat unlikely since he'd be prone to re-entry waivers (which the org probably wouldn't risk).

There is also still Schaus, what's his status anyway? Did he get sent down? Either way, he's an option, he looked pretty good all camp.

Sharks are in a pickle because what they should ice is:

Boyle - Murray
Vlasic - Demers
Lilja - Moore
Schaus/Joslin

(leaving them around 4m in cap space)

But instead they'll ice:

Boyle - Murray
Vlasic - Demers
Wallin - Huskins
Lilja

(leaving them 1m in cap space)

If the Sharks waived Huskins and Wallin, signed Lilja to league minimum, it would leave them enough cap space to bring that top-4 without having to move anyone. Even Souray (on re-entry) would fit.

Frustrating, Wallin is really screwing this team over.

GCB2000 09-30-2010 01:40 PM

I didn't realize that Wallin is only a NTC and not NMC. Moving him and Huskins producing 4M in cap space would be a homerun. Lilja at the league min would be a good vet to have in the back pocket if Moore/Joslin/etc fall on their face. I was at the game last night and every time Huskins and Moore stepped out on the ice the puck was in the sharks zone the whole shift and it was against an AHL team.

MadmanSJ 09-30-2010 01:44 PM

Huskins is not that bad! NOT THAT BAD!

5H4RK5 09-30-2010 01:48 PM

A Swede for every pairing sounds about right. :D

Eid Ma Clack Shaw 09-30-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadmanSJ (Post 28033645)
Huskins is not that bad! NOT THAT BAD!

Shhhh you aren't allowed to speak the truth here :sarcasm:

HOOCH2173 09-30-2010 01:56 PM

oh I know we need another Dan Boyle. Maybe silicon valley could clone him and then we'd be set right?.... right? heh.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.