HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Abbotsford HEAT Fans: UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=824625)

heatfan63 10-01-2010 03:48 AM

Abbotsford HEAT Fans: UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL
 
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...002_7408_n.jpg
Season 2 of the Abbotsford HEATand beyond:

HEAT FAN TWITTER:
HEAT FAN FACEBOOK PAGE

Follow this thread all year for Abby Heat fans during game or after. This thread link will be posted on Facebook page of Fan page and Official page of the Heat for quick reference.
Follow this thread all year for Abby Heat fans during game or after.

Due to those who don't want the connection with the FLAMES, this thread is in the A.H.L. so those CANUCK fans don't have to stomach the seeing RED. (LOL)

It's our team: GO HEAT GO

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/fl.../2010/logo.png

steveinabby 10-01-2010 02:02 PM

Finally, a place where we can chat. I wonder if the folks at the Heat will perhaps just link to here? I have talked to many people who cannot believe that the Heat website does not include even a basic forum..... Here's hoping the Heat can have a good year!

bcdurangoboy 10-01-2010 03:34 PM

Game tonight against the Moose
 
Does anyone know if the game is on the internet anywhere tonight.............love to watch on Heat's first preseason game.....

heatfan63 10-01-2010 08:04 PM

What kind of a season will we have?
 
Were going to have an excellent year. Thinking top 6 to top 4, maybe all the way.

heatfan63 10-01-2010 08:04 PM

No, but if you have twitter you can get updates from Sheldon

bcdurangoboy 10-02-2010 12:25 AM

Twitter
 
Twitter is okay if you have a mobile that is capable of it............Dave use to update on Facebook, but I guess no more.............too bad!!

heatfan63 10-02-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcdurangoboy (Post 28060845)
Twitter is okay if you have a mobile that is capable of it............Dave use to update on Facebook, but I guess no more.............too bad!!

He probably will during the season.

heatfan63 10-02-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcdurangoboy (Post 28051220)
Does anyone know if the game is on the internet anywhere tonight.............love to watch on Heat's first preseason game.....

It will be on radio tonight for game in Portage.

heatfan63 10-02-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcdurangoboy (Post 28060845)
Twitter is okay if you have a mobile that is capable of it............Dave use to update on Facebook, but I guess no more.............too bad!!

True, this HB board has a mobile setting too, if there are enough followers will post game info here. :). See settings at bottom.

bcdurangoboy 10-02-2010 05:06 PM

No vid coverage
 
I am disappointed we cannot even purchase a feed for tonight's preseason game in Portage..............the AHL needs to look into this and ensure these are available.....at least I was able to see the highlights from last night on Moose TV (moose website).....The Heat need to do something like that, but I guess everything takes time......I know we are expecting big things this season...........lets hope that Heat Management pulls through with some surprises.................better website management would be a big thing...............

heatfan63 10-02-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveinabby (Post 28049873)
Finally, a place where we can chat. I wonder if the folks at the Heat will perhaps just link to here? I have talked to many people who cannot believe that the Heat website does not include even a basic forum..... Here's hoping the Heat can have a good year!

Yes, when on FB or others be sure to tell fellow Heat fans about this site.

heatfan63 10-02-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcdurangoboy (Post 28068633)
I am disappointed we cannot even purchase a feed for tonight's preseason game in Portage..............the AHL needs to look into this and ensure these are available.....at least I was able to see the highlights from last night on Moose TV (moose website).....The Heat need to do something like that, but I guess everything takes time......I know we are expecting big things this season...........lets hope that Heat Management pulls through with some surprises.................better website management would be a big thing...............

Here is a site you can watch at:

http://atdhe.net/

Watch Online Sports, News and Entertainment for free at Atdhe.Net
www.atdhe.net Watch Online TV, Sports, News and Entertainment for free at ATDHE.Net

colourblind 10-03-2010 11:02 AM

Bull Dogs
 
Has anyone noticed that the Heat play the Bull Dogs 6 times in 2 weeks at the end of March, start of April? The Ice Maker in abby better be on the ball during that time period, with all the frozen tear puddles from Henry.

bcdurangoboy 10-03-2010 07:05 PM

Henry
 
Just love bugging that guy, we had a good time over in section 109 giving him a hard time............can hardly wait...............Heeennnnnrrrryyyyyyy!!!!!!!!... .....LOL

heatfan63 10-04-2010 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colourblind (Post 28079353)
Has anyone noticed that the Heat play the Bull Dogs 6 times in 2 weeks at the end of March, start of April? The Ice Maker in abby better be on the ball during that time period, with all the frozen tear puddles from Henry.

I can't stand Henry, what a goon he was last year. That whole Playfair/JD Watt incident had him in the mix. Before and after. Finally in 3rd period they penalize him for unsportsmanlike.

Such a winer. Friends of mine are over by visitors box and were really giving him the gears last year.

CanadianHockeyfan 10-05-2010 06:02 PM

Lol Henry I was yelling at him how cool he was to have 2 first names. :facepalm:

heatfan63 10-05-2010 10:53 PM

So the team to date: Thoughts

Goalies:

33 G Matt Keetley
37 G Leland Irving

Defensemen:

2 D Keith Seabrook
3 D Josh Meyers
4 D John Negrin
6 D Chris Breen
12 D Staffan Kronwall
17 D Matt Pelech
18 D Jake Gannon
21 D Giffen Nyren
28 D Gord Baldwin
43 D Joe Piskula

Forwards:

8 LW Cam Cunning
9 RW Kris Chucko
10 LW Lance Bouma
13 LW Logan MacMillan
14 C Mitch Wahl
15 RW Greg Nemisz
16 LW Ryley Grantham
19 RW J.D. Watt
22 C John Armstrong
23 RW Bryan Cameron
24 C Matt Keith
26 RW Jon Rheault
32 C Gaelan Patterson
34 LW Carter Bancks

Guardian17 10-06-2010 02:32 PM

Hope the Heat have another sucessful season.

Pascha 10-06-2010 03:36 PM

Happy that Seabrook is back, I really enjoy watching him play.

CanadianHockeyfan 10-06-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascha (Post 28137671)
Happy that Seabrook is back, I really enjoy watching him play.

Also, he won't be paired with Brad Cole! Its only looking better and better for him. Not that there was anything wrong with Cole incessantly shoveling suicide passes into Seebs skates though.... :banghead:

heatfan63 10-08-2010 09:06 PM

Heat win in SO
 
Grifffins lead HEAT most of the game and a great save by Irving kept them in. SO goals by Rheault, Chucko and Kronwall.

adsfan 10-09-2010 09:12 AM

I will be at tonight's game. I will post about how it went. Milwaukee's guys haven't been together for very long. Other than goaltending, I don't know what to expect from them. They lost 7 of the top 10 scorers from last season. Thuresson, Mark Santorelli (not Mike who is on Florida's roster) and Blum (a D-man) are the remaining big guns. On paper, the Admirals have a better defense than last season.

adsfan 10-10-2010 08:22 PM

Abbotsford played very well in the first period taking a 2-0 lead. Their 1-3-1 neutral zone trap stifled and confused the Admiral offense. A wide open Nemisz scored a shorthanded goal after a turnover near the Admirals offensive zone blueline. Cunning scored the second goal in traffic. The Heat sent one forward after the puck in the Admirals zone. This rushed and disrupted the first pass out of the zone.

The Admirals came up with at least two solutions to the trap for the second period. The D-men would cross the blueline just inside the faceoff dots. They would pass the puck vertically to the other blueline or diagonally across near the opposite faceoff dot. This caused most of the Heat players to be trapped ahead of the puck and facing the wrong direction. The Admirals scored four goals including a shorthanded and a 5-on-3 PP goal. The Heat tried to slow the Admirals down with bodychecks. This backfired mid-period when Kris Chucko chased Grant Lewis around the Admirals goal. Matt Keith was side stepped near the crease when Lewis turned up ice and Keith collided at high speed with Chucko for the hit of the game. Both players got up after 3 or 4 seconds and appeared to be fine. Leland Irving dropped his goalie stick on a clear up the middle of the ice. He had difficulty picking it up between the circles. Matt Halischuk swept the puck away and sent it into the now wide open net. Keetley replaced Irving for the rest of the period.

Irving came back in for the third period. The trap was abandoned because of four minors called on the Heat in the third period. Some of the Heat players were a little frustrated by the turn of events. Klasen and Halischuk each scored their second goals of the game to make it 6-2. Irving played well most of the time. His D-men didn't cover the Admirals forwards or swept rebounds to the corners as often as they should have. I am sure that the coaches will fix this for the next game. As long as the trap worked, the Heat looked awesome. When it broke down, the Heat were running around and looked a little confused on defense. They need to find an alternative and they will do quite well this season.

heatfan63 10-11-2010 01:29 AM

Admira recap
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 28230696)
Abbotsford played very well in the first period taking a 2-0 lead. Their 1-3-1 neutral zone trap stifled and confused the Admiral offense. A wide open Nemisz scored a shorthanded goal after a turnover near the Admirals offensive zone blueline. Cunning scored the second goal in traffic. The Heat sent one forward after the puck in the Admirals zone. This rushed and disrupted the first pass out of the zone.

The Admirals came up with at least two solutions to the trap for the second period. The D-men would cross the blueline just inside the faceoff dots. They would pass the puck vertically to the other blueline or diagonally across near the opposite faceoff dot. This caused most of the Heat players to be trapped ahead of the puck and facing the wrong direction. The Admirals scored four goals including a shorthanded and a 5-on-3 PP goal. The Heat tried to slow the Admirals down with bodychecks. This backfired mid-period when Kris Chucko chased Grant Lewis around the Admirals goal. Matt Keith was side stepped near the crease when Lewis turned up ice and Keith collided at high speed with Chucko for the hit of the game. Both players got up after 3 or 4 seconds and appeared to be fine. Leland Irving dropped his goalie stick on a clear up the middle of the ice. He had difficulty picking it up between the circles. Matt Halischuk swept the puck away and sent it into the now wide open net. Keetley replaced Irving for the rest of the period.

Irving came back in for the third period. The trap was abandoned because of four minors called on the Heat in the third period. Some of the Heat players were a little frustrated by the turn of events. Klasen and Halischuk each scored their second goals of the game to make it 6-2. Irving played well most of the time. His D-men didn't cover the Admirals forwards or swept rebounds to the corners as often as they should have. I am sure that the coaches will fix this for the next game. As long as the trap worked, the Heat looked awesome. When it broke down, the Heat were running around and looked a little confused on defense. They need to find an alternative and they will do quite well this season.

Thanks for the review. 15 of the players are from last year. The newbies will fit in real quick.

StreakingRed 10-12-2010 01:17 PM

Staffan Kronwall has left the Heat to return to his home club of Djurgardens IF in Stockholm Sweden. Wanted to play in Sweden to be closer to his family. All the best to him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.