HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: Posting Pet Peeves (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=824652)

DUHockey9 10-01-2010 08:33 AM

OT: Posting Pet Peeves

It's a big day for me, I'm creating my first ever OT thread. (I don't even make very many ON Topic threads anyway.)

Anyway, what are some of your posting pet peeves? I've been seeing one of mine a lot lately.

1) As my signature indicates, in the context of hockey forums, it peeves me when people can't spell player's names right; especially our own players. Especially if it's not something ACTUALLY difficult like Lehtivuori. (I'm talking Lupol, Upshaw, Gagner, Gange.)

2) When people reference salary numbers, when they want cap hit.

3) This one goes well beyond hockey forums... the phrase is "I could'nt care less." Please see the following illustration.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SqhhJb_P3K...400/caring.png

GKJ 10-01-2010 08:57 AM

"Timmonen"

ShawnTHW 10-01-2010 08:59 AM

D4MN. YUSE BeeZ 4N UPt1GHT @$$hOl3.
:sarcasm:

Chicken Chaser 10-01-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUHockey9 (Post 28045257)

Anyway, what are some of your posting pet peeves? I've been seeing one of mine a lot lately.

1) As my signature indicates, in the context of hockey forums, it peeves me when people can't spell player's names right; especially our own players. Especially if it's not something ACTUALLY difficult like Lehtivuori. (I'm talking Lupol, Upshaw, Gagner, Gange.)

Lupul like u mentioned, everyone on HFBoards gets it wrong

agrudez* 10-01-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

could'nt

You set yourself up for that one. :sarcasm:

The Cheat 10-01-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

2) When people reference salary numbers, when they want cap hit.

3) This one goes well beyond hockey forums... the phrase is "I could'nt care less." Please see the following illustration.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SqhhJb_P3K...400/caring.png

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u.../funny-1-1.gif

might2mash 10-01-2010 09:11 AM

I could care less about your pet peeves.

However, I have other things I care less about. ;)

DUHockey9 10-01-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agrudez (Post 28045489)
You set yourself up for that one. :sarcasm:

haha you'd think I would've checked for typos.

infidelappel* 10-01-2010 09:27 AM

The caring continuum graphic is clutch.

might2mash 10-01-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infidelappel (Post 28045741)
The caring continuum graphic is clutch.

Ah, I couldn't see that initially (flaky work firewall), now my previous post does seem rather redundant.

ForsbergIsOdin 10-01-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

It's a big day for me, I'm creating my first ever OT thread. (I don't even make very many ON Topic threads anyway.)

[/IMG]

It pisses me off when people spell Gagne wrong. Especially on internet hockey boards

Juicy Couturier* 10-01-2010 09:38 AM

"...and it's not even close."
When people use this like it's a fact and it clearly isn't it's beyond annoying.
"Crosby is better than Ovy and it's not even close."
Actually it is, it's an opinion, just because yours is different doesn't make it a fact.

"This"
Did you really need to post if all your going to do is agree with someone and not add anything to the conversation? Anyone that posts "this" as a response is a moron.

"/thread"
Are you a Mod? No. Your an idiot and I hate you.

Edit: I fully expect someone to reply...

This. And it's not even close.
/thread.
Sorry if I ruined your oh so original joke.

infidelappel* 10-01-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 28045882)
When people use this like it's a fact and it clearly isn't it's beyond annoying.
Actually it is, it's an opinion, just because yours is different doesn't make it a fact.

"This"
Did you really need to post if all your going to do is agree with someone and not add anything to the conversation? Anyone that posts "this" as a response is a moron.

"/thread"

This.

:sarcasm:

ForsbergIsOdin 10-01-2010 09:40 AM

I also hate Opus. Its not really a pet peeve, just a typical embodiment of hate I have for the now rare internet poster/mod/*******.

Mgkibbles 10-01-2010 09:58 AM

When certain Flyers fans say Ovechkin sucks for no other reason than him playing for the Caps.

Juicy Couturier* 10-01-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgkibbles (Post 28046134)
When certain Flyers fans say Ovechkin sucks for no other reason than him playing for the Caps.

Why would you use Ovechkin as an example and not Crosby?

infidelappel* 10-01-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 28046301)
Why would you use Ovechkin as an example and not Crosby?

Because Ovechkin is the better example, and it's not even close.

Sorry, I can't help myself. :)

ShawnTHW 10-01-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom (Post 28045882)

"This"

"/thread"

Edit: I fully expect someone to reply...

This. And it's not even close.
/thread.
Sorry if I ruined your oh so original joke.

This. And its not even close.

/thread.

EDIT: I would've been remiss had I not posted that.

malfeasance 10-01-2010 10:43 AM

How about getting grammar lessons on a hockey board by someone named DUH?

What are your feelings on that topic? Because its keeping me up at nights. No, it really is.

infidelappel* 10-01-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malfeasance (Post 28046783)

What are your feelings on that topic? Because it's keeping me up at nights. No, it really is.

What about grammar lessons?

Sorry, it had to be noted. :)

I think that's another pet peeve of mine...posters who comment on grammar and either have blatant grammatical errors in that post, or spell grammar incorrectly.

i am dave 10-01-2010 11:11 AM

I have a serious issue with people using "delicious" as an adjective for beverages. Don't ask me to explain it.

ShawnTHW 10-01-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malfeasance (Post 28046783)

What are your feelings on that topic? Because its keeping me up at nights. No, it really is.

daethfromabove1979 10-01-2010 11:14 AM

to/too/two

there/they're/their

nobody knows the difference

DUHockey9 10-01-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daethfromabove1979 (Post 28047274)
to/too/two

there/they're/their

nobody knows the difference

I do.

I will admit though, sometimes I struggle with affect and effect. I think I overthink it.

Spongolium* 10-01-2010 11:40 AM

Your and You're.

You're is short for YOU ARE you god damn morons!