HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Piece Broke on CCM U+ Stick (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=825403)

OilerMania83 10-03-2010 03:33 AM

Piece Broke on CCM U+ Stick
 
My CCM U+ Vector stick had a bit of an accident tonight at hockey. At the heel of the blade there is a white piece that runs along the bottom that I assume is a weight of some sort. Tonight that piece got dislodged and it is now floating inside the stick. I can probably get the piece out but I have a few questions.

First, is it possible for me to fix this withouth having to do anything tooo drastic? I used the blade with the piece floating inside of it for a shift but the blade just didnt feel right at all. It has an awful feel now.

Second, is it possible to cut this stick and put a new blade in it (if I can't salvage the piece that's busted)?

Lastly, has anyone dealth with HockeyMonkey.com and their sticks? I ordered this stick from them and got it about 2-3 weeks ago. If they have some sort of warrant that'd be awesome...

Thanks a lot!

TBLfan 10-04-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerMania83 (Post 28077191)
My CCM U+ Vector stick had a bit of an accident tonight at hockey. At the heel of the blade there is a white piece that runs along the bottom that I assume is a weight of some sort. Tonight that piece got dislodged and it is now floating inside the stick. I can probably get the piece out but I have a few questions.
First, is it possible for me to fix this withouth having to do anything tooo drastic? I used the blade with the piece floating inside of it for a shift but the blade just didnt feel right at all. It has an awful feel now.

It's a piece to plug the hole. Originally the U+ had a hole there, you could literally see through the stick. In testing the sticks had fraying there so they added a slug there to stop it. It does nothing important.

Quote:

Second, is it possible to cut this stick and put a new blade in it (if I can't salvage the piece that's busted)?
It's not busted but not really. The U+ tapers a lot and would need quite a bit chopped off to fit a tapered blade, a standard blade in a flipped stick is possible if it's long enough and you don't care about how a stick performs.


Quote:

Lastly, has anyone dealth with HockeyMonkey.com and their sticks? I ordered this stick from them and got it about 2-3 weeks ago. If they have some sort of warrant that'd be awesome...

Thanks a lot!
HM doesn't have a warranty. CCM warranties their retail sticks for one month, you can find details on their web site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.