HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Getting To Know: Brian Boyle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=825606)

DA 17 10-03-2010 05:37 PM

Getting To Know: Brian Boyle

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ian-Boyle.html

Just saw this article, pretty interesting thought I'd share. Get away from the Cuts and Lines for 2 seconds.

Loffen 10-03-2010 05:51 PM

Nice read.

Quote:

Funniest Players Encountered: "Teddy Purcell. He's from Newfoundland. Enver Lisin was one of the funniest guys I've seen, his demeanor, the way he talks."
:biglaugh:

Blueshirt Special 10-03-2010 05:51 PM

Thanks!

Enjoyed that.

T-Bone! lol

DA 17 10-03-2010 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoFFeN (Post 28086800)
Nice read.

:biglaugh:

Hahah yeah I saw that, and had to stop reading just to laugh.

Ail 10-03-2010 07:01 PM

Good read. He may not be the greatest hockey player, but he seems like a good kid.

Hope he sticks in NY for a bit. :)

gravytrain6t 10-03-2010 07:46 PM

Enjoyed watching him rip a howitzer passed Elliott the other night. He's gonna sit a lot of people down with that size. Certainly deserves a spot on the 4th line as it seems he's actually gotten stronger over the summer... Boyle > White (imo).

BlueshirtBlitz 10-03-2010 08:41 PM

Boyle definitely has been greater than White.

If his recent play is an indication of how he'll play from now on, this summer will have been a huge turning point in how his career was headed. Potential to be one of the best 4th line players in the league IMO with his size.

IAMREALITY 10-04-2010 03:41 PM

LOL at Brooks Orpik.

I like this kid. I really do. I don't know why so many are only considering him for a 4th liner.

I put it in another thread, but do you really not think the following line could be a brutal and punishing line to play against?

Dubinski-Boyle-Callahan

Boyle has really matured and was a monster out there. Why couldn't that line be a possibility? I just feel he's earned it.

Ail 10-04-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAMREALITY (Post 28103302)
LOL at Brooks Orpik.

I like this kid. I really do. I don't know why so many are only considering him for a 4th liner.

I put it in another thread, but do you really not think the following line could be a brutal and punishing line to play against?

Dubinski-Boyle-Callahan

Boyle has really matured and was a monster out there. Why couldn't that line be a possibility? I just feel he's earned it.

Depending on how he plays I can see this. Good forecheck line, lots of taking the body.

BlueshirtBlitz 10-04-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend (Post 28106332)
Depending on how he plays I can see this. Good forecheck line, lots of taking the body.

But then who's our second line? Avery-Anisimov-Fedotenko? Ehhh. I'd rather see Dubinsky-Anisimov-Cally.

Also that'd leave Stepan on the 4th line if he doesn't start on the 1st line.

Not saying it's a bad idea though, if Boyle does continue his play he could be a good fit on a third line, I just think it displaces things a little too much right now, especially since I like the Boyle-Prust tandem as a 4th line.

ruckus* 10-04-2010 06:58 PM

Have been more than openly critical of Boyle since we got him. He has looked much improved this pre-season though, and I've always loved his personality/character.

Hope he keeps up this new style of play and can be someone who sticks on that 4th line.

Really like the kid, just want him to use that big ol' body God gave him.

IAMREALITY 10-04-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 28106378)
But then who's our second line? Avery-Anisimov-Fedotenko? Ehhh. I'd rather see Dubinsky-Anisimov-Cally.

Also that'd leave Stepan on the 4th line if he doesn't start on the 1st line.

Not saying it's a bad idea though, if Boyle does continue his play he could be a good fit on a third line, I just think it displaces things a little too much right now, especially since I like the Boyle-Prust tandem as a 4th line.

You keep the Avery-Stepan-Fedetenko line together. If they grow their chemistry and the preseason wasn't a fluke, they could be a surprisingly good 2nd line.

Then you have a first line of Gaborik-Anisimov-Frolov. Ani and Frolov seemed to have instant chemistry and their style of play would lend itself to that relationship being able to grow nicely. Though Torts has some fear in giving Ani too much too fast; I personally think if that line was given a try it might work out quite nicely. I think Anisimov could quite possibly handle the challenge.

That leaves a 4th of boogey/kennedy-Christensen-Prust. When Drury comes back he kicks out EC.

If all things come together, might be some really nice lines to watch.

Just a little crazy; I know. But not impossible :)

ruckus* 10-04-2010 07:38 PM

Wow. A "2nd" line of Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko that has 2 guys who annually produce 30 points, and a rookie.

Leave them at the third line, would ya? That's where they make sense and why they're together now.

Putting Boyle on the "3rd" line? With Cally and Dubi? My gosh. Why don't we just ruin every ounce of offensive ability that Dubinsky has.

Boyle has looked good and if he keeps it up he will be great centering the 4th line.

That's where he should be. End of story.

CHGoalie27 10-05-2010 08:29 AM

Musical Tastes: "I love all music. Dave Matthews Band. I love a lot of country. Eric Church is one of my favorites, too."

..no. Played with the same energy as DMB...

I think we should introduce him to a little thing called Bushmills...and add Pantera or Slayer to his pregame playlist.

IAMREALITY 10-05-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robruckus (Post 28106887)
Wow. A "2nd" line of Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko that has 2 guys who annually produce 30 points, and a rookie.

Leave them at the third line, would ya? That's where they make sense and why they're together now.

Putting Boyle on the "3rd" line? With Cally and Dubi? My gosh. Why don't we just ruin every ounce of offensive ability that Dubinsky has.

Boyle has looked good and if he keeps it up he will be great centering the 4th line.

That's where he should be. End of story.

The Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko line looked great in camp. End of story. If their chemistry wasn't a fluke they could be a surprisingly good line. End of story.

I wouldn't object to them staying as the 3rd line, but wouldn't object to them being promoted either. End of story. And with so much unknown on just about every single one of our lines right now, there is no real does or doesn't make sense since just about anything tried at this point could make sense. End of story.

Yes, I said putting Boyle on the 3rd line with Cally and Dubi. End of story. We don't ruin every ounce of Dubi's offensive ability by giving that a try whatsoever. End of story.

Yes, Boyle would be great centering our 4th line, but I like what he's shown in preseason and since this year largely might be an experiment, I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do for us on the third. End of story.

And though overall he should be on the 4th line, it doesn't hurt to give him a try on the 3rd. End of story.

Oh, and this is also a message board. People will generally discuss things theoretically just to put ideas out there. That doesn't mean that's what they're committed to or that it's their only consideration. It just means that on a message board, things are open for discussion. Why? Because not everything's written in stone. If everything about the team was written in stone, there would be nothing to discuss. This would be a blog, not a message board. End of story.

Puckface NYR* 10-05-2010 10:25 AM

all this talk about lines...i hope torts actually sticks with some throughout the season

im so sick of his juggling act

ruckus* 10-05-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAMREALITY (Post 28112978)
The Avery-Stepan-Fedotenko line looked great in camp. End of story. If their chemistry wasn't a fluke they could be a surprisingly good line. End of story.

I wouldn't object to them staying as the 3rd line, but wouldn't object to them being promoted either. End of story. And with so much unknown on just about every single one of our lines right now, there is no real does or doesn't make sense since just about anything tried at this point could make sense. End of story.

Yes, I said putting Boyle on the 3rd line with Cally and Dubi. End of story. We don't ruin every ounce of Dubi's offensive ability by giving that a try whatsoever. End of story.

Yes, Boyle would be great centering our 4th line, but I like what he's shown in preseason and since this year largely might be an experiment, I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do for us on the third. End of story.

And though overall he should be on the 4th line, it doesn't hurt to give him a try on the 3rd. End of story.

Oh, and this is also a message board. People will generally discuss things theoretically just to put ideas out there. That doesn't mean that's what they're committed to or that it's their only consideration. It just means that on a message board, things are open for discussion. Why? Because not everything's written in stone. If everything about the team was written in stone, there would be nothing to discuss. This would be a blog, not a message board. End of story.

Brian Boyle:

200708 Los Angeles Kings NHL 8 4 1 5 4
200809 Los Angeles Kings NHL 28 4 1 5 42
200910 New York Rangers NHL 71 4 2 6 47

I'm sorry, but the guy is a fourth liner. And last year, he was pretty awful at that.

He has had a good camp and pre-season, let's hope he can keep it up. He would be great for our fourth line.

This team needs to quit playing guys above their heads. Roles are a big part of being successful. Telling someone like Boyle, who hasn't even proven he can be a consistent NHL 4th line player, that you want him up on the 2nd or 3rd line would be a huge mistake.