HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Congrats to the Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=82615)

Clash* 06-07-2004 09:56 PM

Congrats to the Lightning

One of the best championship games and one of the best series in any sport I've ever seen. Congrats to the Lightning.

Burnaby_Joe* 06-07-2004 09:59 PM

Good job, that was an amazing game. :handclap:

CODevilsFan 06-07-2004 10:06 PM

Fantastic series, tremendous last 3 games. Congrats to both teams on great seasons. Been a long time, good job Dave.

Avery4Byng* 06-07-2004 10:06 PM

Unreal series. I am not being a bandwagon jumper or trying to sound like one, but when my Canucks get knocked out I always start cheering for an East team in the next round and this year it was Tampa. I just love their guys, St Louis, Lecavalier, Stillman, Richards and so on.

Congrats you boys deserve it. :bow:

kira 06-07-2004 10:06 PM

Congrats...cherish it. It's the most elusive prize in all of sport. Many go in search of it but few attain it. :handclap:

futurcorerock 06-07-2004 10:12 PM

Though the flames lost, im happy we got a great championship series. This is a bittersweet day for hockey. Period.

Did anyone notice that this is the first cup win for the Southeast division?

congrats to that entire embattled division

Afino 06-07-2004 10:35 PM

If this was the last NHL game ever, I'm satisfied. :bow:

oilers_guy_eddie 06-07-2004 10:37 PM

Congratulations to the Flames, too. It probably doesn't feel like it right now, but this season has been an incredible success for the Flames and their fans. At the start of the year they aimed at making the playoffs. Not only did they do that, they knocked off 3 conference champions and came within 1 game of winning it all.

I think the rest of the league knows now what Oiler fans already found out the hard way this year: the Flames are beasts to play against in games that matter. Nobody can deny anymore that Iginla is one of the superstars of the game, and we also saw people like Robyn Regehr and Jordan Leopold prove that they have what it takes to be a force in the NHL.

I really can't stand the Flames, but I have to express my admiration and respect for what they've accomplished.

DARKSIDE 06-07-2004 10:37 PM

From a Devils fan and a clearwater home owner...

The final few games where outstanding. Congratulations to Dave a former Devil and Coach Tortarella, the first American coach to win a cup. And most of all to the Tampa Bay Lighting, deserving champions. Enjoy guys, because the Devils want it back :handclap:

Sonik 06-07-2004 10:39 PM

Congrats to Bolts. Even though I'm a Flames fan, I must say the best team won.

In fact, Tampa played well all year long, regular season and playoffs. They deserved it, bottom line.

Bruin_Ron 06-08-2004 01:02 AM

Congrats to both teams!

The Bolts have been the team to beat since about January and the Flames really turned heads in the playoffs.

Great series!!

OMA 06-08-2004 01:29 AM

Congrats to the Lightning. Deserving winners without a doubt. If my Flames couldn't have won it tonight, there's no other team I would have rather have seen win.

As for the Flames, what can I say? It hurt, but Thank you. This was completely unexpected. This thing became more than something for the fans, it was for the city. I've never seen the city like this.

That being said, TB was the better club on this night. Congrats to them and their fans. Enjoy it. Hopefully, one day it'll be Iginla instead of Andreychuk grabbing that cup.

Ajacied 06-08-2004 03:38 AM

Let me be the first to say I was wrong. As the entire Bolts fanbase know, before the playoffs were to tip off, I said that the Bolts were too inexperienced, too inconsistant, not physical enough and not enough of a defensive powerhouse to get the job done, not against teams like Toronto, Philadelphia and New Jersey. I couldn't have been proven more wrong.. I apologize, congrats Bolts!

Blindside9711 06-08-2004 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = Dud
Let me be the first to say I was wrong. As the entire Bolts fanbase know, before the playoffs were to tip off, I said that the Bolts were too inexperienced, too inconsistant, not physical enough and not enough of a defensive powerhouse to get the job done, not against teams like Toronto, Philadelphia and New Jersey. I couldn't have been proven more wrong.. I apologize, congrats Bolts!

They didn't play against Toronto or Jersey... They didn't have to survive a war at all in the playoffs... They barely got by a Flyers team that resembled an ICU hospital unit.
Good game? Good Lord! Kerry Fraser blows the whistle with a minute left in the Stanley Cup Finals? What the hell is that? This series should have been over in Game 6, but apparently the only ones that know that for sure are Gary Bettman and the NHL powers that be. Melt down the Cup boys, it's been desecrated now. While you're at it, tear down the NHL and start from scratch. Hockey died last night. :mad:

Vincent_TheGreat 06-08-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
One of the best championship games and one of the best series in any sport I've ever seen. Congrats to the Lightning.

I agree this is second in my books behind the first finals series that I ever saw in 94 with my boys the nucks. This was a hellva playoffs and finals, its to bad Calgary had to lose, their fans were unbelieveable.

Chelios 06-08-2004 10:32 AM

I think that that might have been the most exciting third periods I have ever seen. It was like the last minute of the game for the entire period.

Rabid Ranger 06-08-2004 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
The final few games where outstanding. Congratulations to Dave a former Devil and Coach Tortarella, the first American coach to win a cup. And most of all to the Tampa Bay Lighting, deserving champions. Enjoy guys, because the Devils want it back :handclap:

Second American coach. Bob Johnson won with Pittsburgh.

DARKSIDE 06-08-2004 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
Second American coach. Bob Johnson won with Pittsburgh.

Sorry and no disrespect to Badger Bob, another great American coach! :blush: