HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=826246)

coolasprICE 10-05-2010 01:59 PM

Brilliant, I like , I like!!!

OT: Anyone know where to get 2nd hand underwear in Montreal for under 2 dollars ?????


:sarcasm:

neofury* 10-05-2010 02:02 PM

Wow I must say it isn't that bad an idea. Then since you're a mod you just modify it and add any thread deemed worthy. I like the idea even though I like a Habs Lounge sub-forum even more, but I already understand this can't be done at present time.

PS: I like your idea about closing and not merging, this way people know for next time.

Habs10Habs 10-05-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasprICE (Post 28117902)
Brilliant, I like , I like!!!

OT: Anyone know where to get 2nd hand underwear in Montreal for under 2 dollars ?????


:sarcasm:

Send me your address and I'll mail you some. I hope you like boxers. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 28117989)
Wow I must say it isn't that bad an idea. Then since you're a mod you just modify it and add any thread deemed worthy. I like the idea even though I like a Habs Lounge sub-forum even more, but I already understand this can't be done at present time.

Precisely, for example if posters want a sub thread here about cars. It takes two seconds for me to create a thread for them.

I would have liked to be able to go with the sub-forum Lounge as well. For now though, we tried to come up with an idea that would be best suited for everyone.

The only negative thing is since we couldn't create a sub forum. Every time someone posts in one of these sub threads, the thread they posted in will be bumped to the 1st page of our board.

The plus for that is when a poster asks a question. The thread will show up on the 1st page for everyone to see. One of the main complaints I received from posters was they didn't want to use the OT threads because their questions were buried.

The only thread that doesn't appear on the main board is this one. It stays here as a sticky thread.

Thanks, we hate merging threads just as much as you guys hate having your threads merged. By closing them and letting the posters know why and where to put their threads. Hopefully this will cut down on the mess that merging threads have caused.

King Woodballs 10-05-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasprICE (Post 28117902)
Brilliant, I like , I like!!!

OT: Anyone know where to get 2nd hand underwear in Montreal for under 2 dollars ?????


:sarcasm:

Skids or no skids? :sarcasm:

coolasprICE 10-05-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs (Post 28118227)
Skids or no skids? :sarcasm:

Hmm, depends on the design and tone.

dfk711* 10-05-2010 03:24 PM

Good work H10H, I think this will help clear up a lot of the redundant threads on the board.

Habs10Habs 10-05-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfk711 (Post 28119649)
Good work H10H, I think this will help clear up a lot of the redundant threads on the board.

Thank you, but I can't take all the credit. A lot of posters stepped up and contributed many great ideas. Hopefully it helps, as I'm not sure what else can be done to improve things.

InglewoodJack 10-05-2010 04:17 PM

Anyone selling any guitar amps?

Ohashi_Jouzu 10-05-2010 07:55 PM

Anyone know the best place to buy ski poles? I really need a set, er... pair... er, whatever you buy them in...

Gros Bill 10-06-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolasprICE (Post 28117902)
Brilliant, I like , I like!!!

OT: Anyone know where to get 2nd hand underwear in Montreal for under 2 dollars ?????


:sarcasm:

I got some new underwear just yesterday. Well, new to me, anyway.

Analyzer* 10-06-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 28131514)
I got some new underwear just yesterday. Well, new to me, anyway.

If you didn't have it yesterday, but have it today, it's new.

habfan4 10-06-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 28131514)
I got some new underwear just yesterday. Well, new to me, anyway.

You're welcome.

LyricalLyricist 10-07-2010 12:16 AM

Only potential issue is people not knowing there's the sub-categories in here. Not everyone is a seasoned HF vet unfortunately. I'm sure a solution to this will come after some time. It's better than before though.

neofury* 10-07-2010 07:56 AM

LOL @ 2nd hand underwear. It's really mean in retrospect but when I was a kid in school there was this one kid everyone teased because he had a temper problem and his mom was like a crackhead.

Anyways at some point word around school was that his mom shopped at this 2nd hand clothing store and people were saying he wears 2nd hand underwear LOL... was really weak but when you're a kid I guess you don't think about how your teasing effects other kids.

I know the guy still now a days he's over it lol, kind of mean when you think about it.

Habs10Habs 10-07-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 28145853)
Only potential issue is people not knowing there's the sub-categories in here. Not everyone is a seasoned HF vet unfortunately. I'm sure a solution to this will come after some time. It's better than before though.

True, but even if we had 50 sticky threads, or better yet several sub-forums. There are still going to be posters who will not see them, or outright ignore them, and post their OT topic on the first page of our board.

LyricalLyricist 10-07-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 28148039)
True, but even if we had 50 sticky threads, or better yet several sub-forums. There are still going to be posters who will not see them, or outright ignore them, and post their OT topic on the first page of our board.

Absolutely, just saying even those who would stick to the recommended plan might not even know about it. Hopefully most see it eventually.

Gros Bill 10-07-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfan4 (Post 28134148)
You're welcome.

The lace trim on the waistband is a bit faded, but silk lining is quite durable. And comfortable, I might add. If my ass were a hand, that underwear would fit me like a glove.

Habs10Habs 10-07-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist (Post 28149352)
Absolutely, just saying even those who would stick to the recommended plan might not even know about it. Hopefully most see it eventually.

True, but with any change, you can expect that it will take awhile for everyone to know what is happening.

The one positive though is a couple of the old guys have found it (habfan4 and Gros Bill). So I'm confident that it's only a matter of time before some of the others find it as well. ;)

Gros Bill 10-07-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 28152400)
True, but with any change, you can expect that it will take awhile for everyone to know what is happening.

The one positive though is a couple of the old guys have found it (habfan4 and Gros Bill). So I'm confident that it's only a matter of time before some of the others find it as well. ;)

You're trawling in dangerous waters, H10H. The preferred word is "venerable". And to be honest, although I like the changes you made, H10H, the smell of stale cigar smoke and spilled beer is a dead giveaway for some of the more venerable posters. "New and improved" indeed. What was it before, old and lousy?

neofury* 10-07-2010 02:04 PM

Maybe they could give people certain people (long time members) some kind of ability to do that for you? Seems the mods already have enough on their plate especially when big games are going on.

Kind of like how only certain people can make a GDT, kind of like that but where people can either move a thread or set it "to be moved" from point a to b, sort of like the report system but for moving threads. Technically they wouldn't be able move the threads themselves, just queue it in such a way that you would see a list:

Move Queue:

#1) OT: Where to find a good deal on a car? -----> Proper section
#2) OT: Where to find a good pair of ski poles? -----> Proper section
#3) Good bar to watch the game? -----> Proper section
#4) OT: Where to find a good bike in Montreal? -----> Wrong section
#5) Stupid pointless thread that should be deleted -----> delete

Then you just login, do a quick overview of the ones listed, click yes/no, then it clears up the easy ones for you and then the hard ones you still have to look at.

So technically the only power they have is to refer to mods of the section the necessary changes. I don't know if something like this can be implemented, if I thought it would help I would report the OP and detail out what I'm reporting it for, but I figure that would just make a huge mess for you to clean up.

Like I said though I've never setup my own forum or anything, don't know how stuff like this is implemented or if it's even possible, but food for though imo. Kind of like designated GDT people you could have designated cleaners:)

Should have mentioned that in my example 1-3 and 5 you could just authorize and #4 would be the one you would need to look into or cancel/change.

Sorry to triple post - just wanted to ask what happened to the poolers thread! I know my thread the other day was merged into it but I can't find it now and I figured you would want to list it here anyways.

Habs10Habs 10-07-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 28153781)
You're trawling in dangerous waters, H10H. The preferred word is "venerable". And to be honest, although I like the changes you made, H10H, the smell of stale cigar smoke and spilled beer is a dead giveaway for some of the more venerable posters. "New and improved" indeed. What was it before, old and lousy?

Haha, I actually meant that as a compliment. If respected posters like yourself and HF4 are in here, that's a good sign. Hopes his ass kissing worked.

I wouldn't say it was old and lousy. It just needed a quick coat of paint to spruce things up a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofury (Post 28153885)
Maybe they could give people certain people (long time members) some kind of ability to do that for you? Seems the mods already have enough on their plate especially when big games are going on.

The only way I could give a poster the ability to move threads would be to make them a moderator. I couldn't give them partial powers, without doing that.

Also as things are set up right now. It's not possible to have threads placed in a que.

Gros Bill 10-08-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 28169154)
Haha, I actually meant that as a compliment. If respected posters like yourself and HF4 are in here, that's a good sign. Hopes his ass kissing worked.

I wouldn't say it was old and lousy. It just needed a quick coat of paint to spruce things up a bit.
...

I like the new leather armchairs, but where's the scotch? Oops, only 10 AM. I meant, where's the rum?

Habs10Habs 10-08-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 28172598)
I like the new leather armchairs, but where's the scotch? Oops, only 10 AM. I meant, where's the rum?

I'm having a few problems with the suppliers. I was hoping if I passed their names on to you and HF4, you guys could help me with the "situation". :)

Gros Bill 10-08-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 28172731)
I'm having a few problems with the suppliers. I was hoping if I passed their names on to you and HF4, you guys could help me with the "situation". :)

Although there's still plenty of room in my back yard, I'd ask Darz if I were you. He never pays retail for his booze.

Habs10Habs 10-08-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 28173945)
Although there's still plenty of room in my back yard, I'd ask Darz if I were you. He never pays retail for his booze.

I never even though about Darz. He's definitely bound to have the connections we need to help us out here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.