HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Best season I've ever seen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=82649)

Karl Pilkington 06-07-2004 10:56 PM

Best season I've ever seen

I've been watching hockey from birth, and I've never seen a better season, or better playoff in my life.. there was nothing boring about anything this year.. I can't believe its over..

The NHL is on the right track.. this year tops anything I've seen in my life.. :handclap:

barrytrotzsneck 06-07-2004 11:46 PM

This season was incredible as a Preds fan...taking the Wings to six games in our first playoff appearance and reviving interest in hockey in Nashville...but that aside...what an incredible playoff year, from start to finish :yo: :handclap:

Russian_fanatic 06-08-2004 12:06 AM

Scoring was too low ... I didn't like it that much ... I liked the Gretzky days .

OneMoreAstronaut 06-08-2004 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoseTheo
I've been watching hockey from birth, and I've never seen a better season, or better playoff in my life.. there was nothing boring about anything this year.. I can't believe its over..

The NHL is on the right track.. this year tops anything I've seen in my life.. :handclap:

Cheers to that, man. What a fantastic playoffs, one that could have gone to any of the final four teams. It was so refreshing to have someone new win the cup, and to have both teams play a high-flying, fast style of hockey really made it exciting.

Luigi Lemieux 06-08-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

you can say the nhl is on the right track all you want, but the truth is it's in a downward spiral and could fade into obscurity forever in the US with the impending lockout. the playoffs were great though.

Chelios 06-08-2004 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Metamorphosis
you can say the nhl is on the right track all you want, but the truth is it's in a downward spiral and could fade into obscurity forever in the US with the impending lockout. the playoffs were great though.

Talk about killing the mood. At leas give us a few days to enjoy a great season before starting with the CBA.

MacDaddy TLC* 06-08-2004 10:37 AM

It was a good final, and a season with some good moments (like a little guy who went undrafted and even released winning a scoring title), but there were way too many negatives this season: Dan Snyder's death, lack of scoring, no movement on the CBA, the Danton NFL/NBA type story, etc

kira 06-08-2004 10:47 AM

And now comes the hockey withdrawal symptoms. :cry:

Anyone heard whether some of the World Cup games are going to be televised in the States?

GoM 06-08-2004 10:50 AM

I dunno, but I'll be trying to go to a game or two ;):)

GB 06-08-2004 11:06 AM

The playoffs this year are my favourites since 1994, and my 3rd favourite ever (93 is my favourite, for obvious reasons). Even though the Habs got swept by Tampa coming back from 3-1 down against the Bruins more than made up for that. Aside from the Habs I though the standard and intensity of play was excellent throughout.

Takeo 06-08-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

Good thing, cuz that'll be the last season you see for awhile.

shelovesshanny 06-08-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kira
And now comes the hockey withdrawal symptoms. :cry:

Anyone heard whether some of the World Cup games are going to be televised in the States?

i heard earlier today from barry melrose that some of the world cup games would be on espn.

Knucklez 06-08-2004 11:38 AM

This year was incredible. I've never seen a tighter playoff race leading up to the post-season, and the playoffs did not dissapoint at all, the most entertaining in recent years. These playoffs where filled with games that will be considered classics in years to come.

Now I watch the NHL Awards on Thursday, and see Scotty Niedermayer finally win his Norris :banana:

kira 06-08-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelovesshanny
i heard earlier today from barry melrose that some of the world cup games would be on espn.

Good! I'll put up with Thorne and Clement or whoever if it means I can see some of the games.

futurcorerock 06-08-2004 03:59 PM

Oh yeah

Every team in the NHL had something good going for it. No denying that. First time in a long time that this has happened i think

Teezax 06-08-2004 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelovesshanny

I heard Melrose say that Sean Burke would be the starting goaltender for the Flyers in the playoffs.... :shakehead

Karl Pilkington 06-09-2004 07:57 AM

My hockey withdrawls won't start for a tiny bit because I have Euro 2004 to keep me tied over for a few weeks... then I might follow olympic soccer for a bit, but doubtfully..

My withdrawls will start probably around the first week of August.. the World Cup of Hockey will save me from being put in a padded room with a straight jacket on.. but it still isn't the same to me.. I need my Canadiens.. :cry: