HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Van Riemsdyk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=826760)

islesfan21 10-06-2010 02:54 PM

Van Riemsdyk
 
How has Van Riemsdyk looked so far and any line projections?

HoverCarle* 10-06-2010 02:57 PM

He looks to be playing with either Richards and Carter, or Giroux and Zherdev for now.

He looks super fast

TheTaekster 10-06-2010 03:12 PM

I'm convinced this kid is due for a huge breakthrough season this year. The next two to three seasons are going to be exciting, I see him establishing himself as a premier power forward in the league.

Mgkibbles 10-06-2010 03:34 PM

Hes been one of the better Flyers this preseason, and he has yet to fill out his frame.

Larry44 10-06-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 28136862)
He looks to be playing with either Richards and Carter, or Giroux and Zherdev for now.

He looks super fast

Either way, those two lines are going to be deadly. And when you've finished checking Carcillo-Richards-Carter and JVR-Giroux-Zherdev, you get to chase Hartnell-Briere-Leino around.

Something tells me the Flyers are going to be no fun to play against this year.....

usahockey22flyers 10-06-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 28138340)
Either way, those two lines are going to be deadly. And when you've finished checking Carcillo-Richards-Carter and JVR-Giroux-Zherdev, you get to chase Hartnell-Briere-Leino around.

Something tells me the Flyers are going to be no fun to play against this year.....

I like our top 3 lines :yo:

04' hockey 10-06-2010 09:03 PM

hhmmmmmmm.....
 
has he yet stepped up and said "hey, I was the second overall draft pick one year'

has he ?????

this guy better start playing like he was before he's soon forgotten.....potential only lasts so long

JMHO

;)

BernieParent 10-06-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '04hockey
has he yet stepped up and said "hey, I was the second overall draft pick one year'

has he ?????

this guy better start playing like he was before he's soon forgotten.....potential only lasts so long

JMHO

But this franchise doesn't need an instant superstar like the Islanders need Tavares, the Lightning needed Stamkos or the Oilers need Hall. They can and should give him room to develop, because this is a deep, young line-up.

Blue Dot 10-06-2010 09:16 PM

kid was a beast to start last year, hit a wall. never really bounced back fully, and yet still found ways to contribute and be a good teammate.

now he has a full year under his belt and knows what it takes to prepare and all that jazz.

kid will be a monster, oh, and happens to play for a coach that got the most out of young players like eric staal and justin williams.

and this is from an outside observation.

kid will be a powerhouse player

04' hockey 10-06-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 28143578)
But this franchise doesn't need an instant superstar like the Islanders need Tavares, the Lightning needed Stamkos or the Oilers need Hall. They can and should give him room to develop, because this is a deep, young line-up.

who said superstar ??

he has the speed, the size, the shot, the vision.....you tell me whats lacking ??

it's obvious

:heart:

L-train* 10-06-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04' hockey (Post 28143412)
has he yet stepped up and said "hey, I was the second overall draft pick one year'

has he ?????

this guy better start playing like he was before he's soon forgotten.....potential only lasts so long

JMHO

;)

The **** are you talking about?

You're a ****ing dumbass if you can't see the talent oozing out of this kid. He's a ****ing kid, just turned 21 last season. He played 3 times as many games as he's ever played in a season last year, cut him a break. It's an extreme rarity that players step in and are dominant from day one, and trust me, in due time JVR will be an absolutely amazing player. He should break 50 points this year, 70 next... and as he just gets more used to the workload and builds his body up, I can easily see him being a PPG player... a 40-40 guy.

Now go eat a dick and fondle your sister, you waste of flesh.

dingbathero 10-06-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L-train (Post 28143633)
The **** are you talking about?

You're a ****ing dumbass if you can't see the talent oozing out of this kid. He's a ****ing kid, just turned 21 last season. He played 3 times as many games as he's ever played in a season last year, cut him a break. It's an extreme rarity that players step in and are dominant from day one, and trust me, in due time JVR will be an absolutely amazing player. He should break 50 points this year, 70 next... and as he just gets more used to the workload and builds his body up, I can easily see him being a PPG player... a 40-40 guy.

Now go eat a dick and fondle your sister, you waste of flesh.

Yeah that!

CS 10-06-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04' hockey (Post 28143412)
has he yet stepped up and said "hey, I was the second overall draft pick one year'

has he ?????

this guy better start playing like he was before he's soon forgotten.....potential only lasts so long

JMHO

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04' hockey (Post 28143631)
who said superstar ??

he has the speed, the size, the shot, the vision.....you tell me whats lacking ??

it's obvious

:heart:

Wow...

BernieParent 10-06-2010 09:31 PM

Come on, no heart? A little harsh, no a lot harsh on the kid in his second season. By all accounts, he's been banging and smashing in the off-season, and I say he improves on his very good rookie season.

BringBackStevens 10-06-2010 09:44 PM

Actually I think JVR looks to play with a lot of passion. Never seen the kid get caught quitting on a play

usahockey22flyers 10-06-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04' hockey (Post 28143631)
who said superstar ??

he has the speed, the size, the shot, the vision.....you tell me whats lacking ??

it's obvious

:heart:

Oh please, ive known JvR my whole life and not once has he ever shown that he dosent have any heart. He wants to have a succesful personal career and wants to win a stanley cup as much as anyone on the team.

Tell me how being a rookie buried in the bottom 6 of a team implies that he has no heart?

infidelappel* 10-06-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers (Post 28144487)
Oh please, ive known JvR my whole life and not once has he ever shown that he dosent have any heart. He wants to have a succesful personal career and wants to win a stanley cup as much as anyone on the team.

Tell me how being a rookie buried in the bottom 6 of a team implies that he has no heart?

Isn't it obvious?

I mean, he was the second overall freaking pick. He dilly-dallied around enough in college, took his time turning pro, and now that he's finally here he has, what, a so-so rookie year in which he can't even earn top-6 minutes and has to be relegated to the third line?

He was the second player in the draft. It's about time he stepped up and started equaling the output of Kane, the guy we REALLY should have had.



:sarcasm: (I can't stress this enough.)

JVR is awesome, and I think so far the only thing he has ever been guilty of is taking a little extra time to jump into the pros. No big deal at all...especially since he is here, now, and seems ready to have a great year. The kid looked fantastic in camp, and anyone who thinks otherwise....just silly.

Larry44 10-06-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 (Post 28143620)
kid was a beast to start last year, hit a wall. never really bounced back fully, and yet still found ways to contribute and be a good teammate.

He hit a wall, literally, with two concussions that kept him out of the lineup. But he came right back.

JVR is going to be a very good player, as you say. Big, fast, skilled, smart, physical. What's not to like?

Spongolium* 10-07-2010 03:49 AM

Can somebody show me the output of the picks from 3-30 from that draft day.

By the way, everyone got trolled in here. The poster is a joke

chaosof99* 10-07-2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 28146888)
Can somebody show me the output of the picks from 3-30 from that draft day.

Rudimentary:

1. Patrick Kane - CHI - RW - 244GP, 76G, 154A, 230P, +9, 114PIM - Stanley Cup (winning goal), All-star, Olympic Silver Medal, Calder Trophy
2. James van Riemsdyk - PHI - RW - 78GP, 15G, 20A, 35P, -1, 30PIM - Prince of Wales Trophy
3. Kyle Turris - PHX - C - 66GP, 8G, 13A, 21P, -20, 23PIM
4. Thomas Hickey - LAK - D - 0GP
5. Karl Alzner - WAS - D - 51GP, 1G, 9A, 10P, -3, 10PIM - two-time Calder Cup winner
6. Sam Gagner - EDM - LW - 223GP, 44G, 87A, 131P, -30, 107PIM
7. Jakub Voracek - CBJ - RW - 161GP, 25G, 64A, 88P, +4, 70PIM
8. Zach Hamill - BOS - C - 1GP, 0G, 1A, 1P, +1, 0PIM
9. Logan Couture - SJS - C - 25GP, 5G, 5A, 9P, +4, 6PIM
10. Keaton Ellerby - FLA - D - 22GP, 0G, 0A, 0P, -1, 2PIM
11. Brandon Sutter - CAR - C - 122GP, 22G, 24A, 46P, -2, 18PIM
12. Ryan McDonaugh - MTL - D - 0GP - Traded to NYR
13. Lars Eller - STL - C - 7GP, 2G, 0A, 2P, +2, 4PIM - Traded to MTL
14. Kevin Shattenkirk - COL - D - 0GP
15. Alex Plante - EDM - D - 4GP, 0G, 1A, 1P, +1, 2PIM
16. Colton Gillies - MIN - C - 45GP, 2G, 5A, 7P, -2, 18PIM
17. Alexei Cherepanov - NYR - RW - 0GP - Died of heart failure
18. Ian Cole - STL - D - 0GP
19. Logan MacMillan - ANA - C - 0GP - Traded to CGY
20. Angelo Esposito - PIT - C - 0GP - Traded to ATL, did not make the roster this year
21. Riley Nash - EDM - C - 0GP - Traded to CAR
22. Max Pacioretty - MTL - LW - 86GP, 6G, 19A, 25P, -8, 47PIM
23. Jonathan Blum - NSH - D - 0GP
24. Mikael Baclkund - CGY - C - 24GP, 1G, 9A, 10P, +5, 6PIM
25. Patrick White - VAN - C - 0GP - Traded to SJS
26. David Perron - STL - LW - 225GP, 48G, 76A, 124P, +19, 148PIM
27. Brendan Smith - DET - D - 0GP
28. Nick Petricki - SJS - D - 0GP
29. Jim O'Brien - OTT - C - 0GP
30. Nick Ross - PHX - D - 0GP

The Saw Is the Law 10-07-2010 04:39 AM

^ Huh! Looks pretty crappy draft. But JVR will be star, i have a feeling about that.... JVR's developement looks same like Bobby Ryan.

Ryan drafted 2005 #2 pick.

2005-2006 Owen Sound Attack OHL 59GP 31G 64A
2006-2007 Owen Sound Attack OHL 63GP 43G 59A

Then he maked to AHL and NHL when Selšnne was injured i guess?

2007-2008 Portland Pirates AHL 48GP 21G 28A
Anaheim Ducks NHL 23GP 5G 5A

PhillyCurt12 10-07-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04' hockey (Post 28143631)
who said superstar ??

he has the speed, the size, the shot, the vision.....you tell me whats lacking ??

it's obvious

:heart:

kids with no heart don't go increasing overall weight by ~10 pounds in one off-season all while lowering his body fat %. That doesn't happen on accident, even with the optimal hormones of dudes ages 18-23

nuclear reactor 10-07-2010 08:22 AM

Lol at the guy having no heart. I'm more concerned that he couldn't finish a happy meal last year.

HoverCarle* 10-07-2010 08:24 AM

JVR definitely has heart. He was way chippier last year than expected

Pantokrator 10-07-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosof99 (Post 28146984)
Rudimentary:

1. Patrick Kane - CHI - RW - 244GP, 76G, 154A, 230P, +9, 114PIM - Stanley Cup (winning goal), All-star, Olympic Silver Medal, Calder Trophy
2. James van Riemsdyk - PHI - RW - 78GP, 15G, 20A, 35P, -1, 30PIM - Prince of Wales Trophy
3. Kyle Turris - PHX - C - 66GP, 8G, 13A, 21P, -20, 23PIM
4. Thomas Hickey - LAK - D - 0GP
5. Karl Alzner - WAS - D - 51GP, 1G, 9A, 10P, -3, 10PIM - two-time Calder Cup winner
6. Sam Gagner - EDM - LW - 223GP, 44G, 87A, 131P, -30, 107PIM
7. Jakub Voracek - CBJ - RW - 161GP, 25G, 64A, 88P, +4, 70PIM
8. Zach Hamill - BOS - C - 1GP, 0G, 1A, 1P, +1, 0PIM
9. Logan Couture - SJS - C - 25GP, 5G, 5A, 9P, +4, 6PIM
10. Keaton Ellerby - FLA - D - 22GP, 0G, 0A, 0P, -1, 2PIM
11. Brandon Sutter - CAR - C - 122GP, 22G, 24A, 46P, -2, 18PIM
12. Ryan McDonaugh - MTL - D - 0GP - Traded to NYR
13. Lars Eller - STL - C - 7GP, 2G, 0A, 2P, +2, 4PIM - Traded to MTL
14. Kevin Shattenkirk - COL - D - 0GP
15. Alex Plante - EDM - D - 4GP, 0G, 1A, 1P, +1, 2PIM
16. Colton Gillies - MIN - C - 45GP, 2G, 5A, 7P, -2, 18PIM
17. Alexei Cherepanov - NYR - RW - 0GP - Died of heart failure
18. Ian Cole - STL - D - 0GP
19. Logan MacMillan - ANA - C - 0GP - Traded to CGY
20. Angelo Esposito - PIT - C - 0GP - Traded to ATL, did not make the roster this year
21. Riley Nash - EDM - C - 0GP - Traded to CAR
22. Max Pacioretty - MTL - LW - 86GP, 6G, 19A, 25P, -8, 47PIM
23. Jonathan Blum - NSH - D - 0GP
24. Mikael Baclkund - CGY - C - 24GP, 1G, 9A, 10P, +5, 6PIM
25. Patrick White - VAN - C - 0GP - Traded to SJS
26. David Perron - STL - LW - 225GP, 48G, 76A, 124P, +19, 148PIM
27. Brendan Smith - DET - D - 0GP
28. Nick Petricki - SJS - D - 0GP
29. Jim O'Brien - OTT - C - 0GP
30. Nick Ross - PHX - D - 0GP

I've been meaning to ask, but is this one of the worst draft years ever, or is it still too early to tell? When I look at teams' list of prospects, hardly any of the 2007 draft class is predicted to do anything super.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.